England V Italy, Quarter Final 2012 (merged)

We are technically lacking. If we can keep the defensive solidity but improve our ball retention (a lot!) we will give a better account of ourselves in Brazil.

Thank god we support a team that play much better football than England. But I don't think we should turn on the England players. I don't think there has been the complacency or bad attitudes we've seen before, anywhere near this tournament. We're just a very limited side. That's....progress?

Re: hodgson

Deluded.

'We've gone out with our heads held high', says Roy

WTF, no we are being mocked around Europe, we only topped the group because France are bottlejobs. England were embarrassing and Hodgson set us up to play for penalties. His flat 4-4-2 tactics are taking us back to the Stone Age, the rest of Europe has moved on.

I know there is reluctance to say anything against Hodgson because people resent the media campaign in favour of Redknapp. I believe Redknapp would've been a better manager and even if we didn't win we would've gone out in style not like this.

ayia napa blues said:
Eccles Blue said:
Did Rooney play tonight? I don't remember seeing him especially in the second half.

And, as everyone knows I love Joe Hart to death but why tell the press that he has watched videos of the Italians taking penalties? All they needed to do was change they way they took the penalties!! Do what the Italian keeper did and say you have watched films. Having said that he was one of the best players on the pitch tonight. The Italians deserved to win, they outplayed us. But we can build on this and Roy will bring them on and we have done well to get this far anyway.

Roy will bring us on how? Boring defensive football have a word

And we have done well? Have we I must have missed that it's this mentality that makes us so wank

Well as we weren't expected to get through the group stages we did much better than expected. I didn't feel that it was boring but then I have only been watching football for 60 odd years!!

UltraPoland said:
Your team done better then everybodey expected.
You scored couple of great goals on the tournament and chances you created against Italy was pretty decent as well.
It`s understandable that the result is heartbreaking for you but when all the emotions cools off a bit you will see a lot of positives and progress in that team and in that manager.
And that`s the opinion of neutral observer.

The is the first time in my entire live I'm not that bothered. Its not that I wanted England to do bad I just knew we were shit and tonight's result was expected. We just continually keep picking the supposedly best players (in some cases) for tournaments instead of the best team. As long as we keep doing that we will never get any where near winning a tournament.

Re: hodgson

roy-hodgson-the-first-owl-look-a-like-to-mana-L-wZbA6y.jpeg

Eccles Blue said:
ayia napa blues said:
Eccles Blue said:
Did Rooney play tonight? I don't remember seeing him especially in the second half.

And, as everyone knows I love Joe Hart to death but why tell the press that he has watched videos of the Italians taking penalties? All they needed to do was change they way they took the penalties!! Do what the Italian keeper did and say you have watched films. Having said that he was one of the best players on the pitch tonight. The Italians deserved to win, they outplayed us. But we can build on this and Roy will bring them on and we have done well to get this far anyway.

Roy will bring us on how? Boring defensive football have a word

And we have done well? Have we I must have missed that it's this mentality that makes us so wank

Well as we weren't expected to get through the group stages we did much better than expected. I didn't feel that it was boring but then I have only been watching football for 60 odd years!!

It's called managing expectations down. Hodgson was good at that, but piss poor at managing the team. The guys a muppet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.