dont want to pay for an ipad any cheaper tablets any good?

bumbleblue

My daughter keeps on about an ipad, i cant be doing with all the apple hype and expense, i was looking at some tablets on amazon etc but am i wasting my money does anyone know of a decent fair priced android 4 tablet. I saw one which looked good it was on offer £135 from somewhere called bellking.

loads on ebay, for around the £100 mark you should be able to get a 1ghz ,1gb ram 7'inch multitouch Capacitive screen,just make sure its not being shipped from china and has got the market/google play installed ..

etch-a-sketch.jpg

Depends how old your daughter is. Does she need one or is it one of those 'must-have' things?
As a kid, the people who got snide rip-offs got the piss taken out of them.

I'd rather not have one.

Laurent Charvet said:
Depends how old your daughter is. Does she need one or is it one of those 'must-have' things?

I'd rather not have one.
She is 14 i know what you mean and i am trying to work out if it is the idea of the apple thing or a tablet or if its all bollocks. No fucking way am i paying what those ipads cost for a 14 year old who will have moved on to the next thing shortly anyway. I did have the conversation with her about is it the ipad name thing just to say i have an ipad or do you mean something that is different to your laptop .. who knows

bumbleblue said:
Laurent Charvet said:

I'd rather not have one.
She is 14 i know what you mean and i am trying to work out if it is the idea of the apple thing or a tablet or if its all bollocks. No fucking way am i paying what those ipads cost for a 14 year old who will have moved on to the next thing shortly anyway. I did have the conversation with her about is it the ipad name thing just to say i have an ipad or do you mean something that is different to your laptop .. who knows
Well if she has a laptop she don't need one ,There are some decent ones about tho no matter what Laurents opinion is tho lol.

Why does she need a tablet?

I'd buy her a Smartphone which has a large display. You could also get one on a contract so won't pay for the device in a lump sum.
Put a usage limit on calls also.

Anything the tablet can do the phone can do - although word processing is slower which is why a larger device is best for studying.

I would recommend Asus EEE Pads (although they are more expensive) than this Lenovo tablet <a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-Tablet-Cortex-Storage-Android/dp/B00625BHJA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1339544337&sr=8-3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-Tablet-C ... 337&sr=8-3</a> which is also nice to use.

Nexus 7 http://goo.gl/IgNrk

I have one & despite it's size (7" compared to the iPads 9") it's fantastic. Great build quality, powerful processor, loads of decent app's in Google's Play Store & pisses over anything in the bang for buck department.

I gave my iPad to my son as I won't be needing it anymore. If you have bought into the Google experience (GMail, G+, Gtalk, Android phone) then this is a must, if you haven't it's still bloody brilliant. Great eReader too with it being light & having a quality screen.

If she has a laptop then she want's it just because mates have.

They do nothing a laptop doesn't and can't do a lot they can. Studying for example you need to be set and relaxed, a lappy allows for this.
The ipad is useless for this, i tried researching stuff using one and it became very annoying within 3 minutes.

If you do still want to get her one though samsung are decent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.