Full backs who can cross the ball?

birchwoodgingerste

Dont get me wrong we have good solid players at full back in zabbs richards clichy and zabba but does any think we would benefit from a player who can deliver a good cross like baines of everton?.would be a good weapon when zeko and ballotelli play.This doesnt mean clichy or richards get overlooked simply rotating games because in certain games this would be a good plan b.

So you have missed out the one full back that can cross in Kolarov? Haha, it would be useful at times which was proved last season but I think in the games where Richards plays and he is bombing forward, it isn't such a bad thing because he gets in behind the defenders and can pick out a simple pass.

birchwoodgingerste said:
Dont get me wrong we have good solid players at full back in zabbs richards clichy and zabba but does any think we would benefit from a player who can deliver a good cross like baines of everton?.would be a good weapon when zeko and ballotelli play.This doesnt mean clichy or richards get overlooked simply rotating games because in certain games this would be a good plan b.

Yes if we only had a fullback who could cross a ball. There was a serbian lad playing in Serie A who may fit the bill..... wonder what he is doing now?

franksinatra said:
birchwoodgingerste said:

Yes if we only had a fullback who could cross a ball. There was a serbian lad playing in Serie A who may fit the bill..... wonder what he is doing now?

hes pants and is getting sold!!:)

birchwoodgingerste said:
franksinatra said:
birchwoodgingerste said:

hes pants and is getting sold!!:)

Course he is. If Kolorov leaves it will be his own choice. Mancini has stated he wishes him to stay, fortunately our manager can see his value to the squad.

danny123 said:
So you have missed out the one full back that can cross in Kolarov? Haha, it would be useful at times which was proved last season but I think in the games where Richards plays and he is bombing forward, it isn't such a bad thing because he gets in behind the defenders and can pick out a simple pass.

koloravs crosses are normally overhit or hit to hard his all round game isnt up to scratch and thats why he was often left out last season.

Kolarov is better at crossing than Baines. We don't need Baines when we have Clichy. The only-full back who would majorly improve us is Dani Alves.

birchwoodgingerste said:
danny123 said:

koloravs crosses are normally overhit or hit to hard his all round game isnt up to scratch and thats why he was often left out last season.

I bet if you asked Edin Džeko if Aleks' crosses are overhit or too hard, he would laugh at you!

There are times when he over hits crosses but nobody is the perfect player. He can also play the inch perfect crosses when he played a cross in on the run and first time for Dzeko to score and another time when he played the ball across for Balotelli to open the scoring against Blackburn. Only criticism that sticks out for me was when we were playing Villarreal at home and he got in some amazing positions to cross but rushed it. The one time he took a touch and then crossed it, we scored.

ForzaMancini said:
Kolarov is better at crossing than Baines. We don't need Baines when we have Clichy. The only-full back who would majorly improve us is Dani Alves.
Lahm's much better than Alves. Equally as good going forward but can actually defend well too. Best Left/Right back in the world right now by a country mile!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.