De Jong was unsung today... hand this man a contract

Thought de jong was excellent – but he was at fault for both Chelsea goals. Let ramires go past him for the first and got caught in possession in the lead up to the second. I’m being very harsh but the level of performance needed to stay in city’s team right now every mistake will be noticed by mancini

Comment from a Chelsea fan on the BM forum

'4) You saw how quick De Jong was covering ground yesterday and putting out fires. We're asking two players to do a similar role who can't. '

He has a value - it's up to Bobby to work out what that is.
It's not just about getting in there and making a tackle - it's about channeling the ball carrier into a certain place and picking your time to strike - not everyone can do it - well. If Barry aint there who will - and please don't say Yaya.

ranxerox said:
Bottom line is the club doesn't want to give him the wages he would demand.
Could this be club negotiators playing "hardball" because of a Kia Joorbachian connection, (past or present)?
I dont know the figures but he is a very effective player, particularly as we push in the CL.
I would of thought if both sides are willing, we should be able to get a mutually acceptable deal.

Thought he was partly at fault for their second goal tbh getting caught out in possession obvoiusly the keeper was "pants" though ;)

ell said:
Excellent performance. Give him his new contract city

Played well, but much better in our 4-2-3-1. In the 3-4-1-2, we require both CMs to give through balls and direct passes forward so the D can't just roll up on our top 3. Until they were a man down, we couldnt penetrate very well, other than on the wing. Dejong is excellent in possession, short pasing (really!) and D... but not at what we need in the 3-4-1-2.

That said... He was good yesterday anyway. I prefer our current stance. He is properly compensated, just don't sell him for less than 11 mill!

charliebigspuds said:
McFcMiKe7 said:
Don't want to be a shit stirrer but im sure i saw him wave to the fans after they collected the shield. Probably looking into too much

he was waving and bowing to the fans after the game, I think he was saying goodbye

I remarked that it looked like he was saying goodbye I was stood right near
him and it didn't look like his normal waving and bowing to us. I hope I'm wrong.

100%blue said:
charliebigspuds said:
McFcMiKe7 said:
Don't want to be a shit stirrer but im sure i saw him wave to the fans after they collected the shield. Probably looking into too much

he was waving and bowing to the fans after the game, I think he was saying goodbye

I remarked that it looked like he was saying goodbye I was stood right near
him and it didn't look like his normal waving and bowing to us. I hope I'm wrong.

Looks like hes off!

De Jong set for Italian job as Mancini allows City star to speak to Inter Milan

By Ian Ladyman

PUBLISHED:08:13, 14 August 2012| UPDATED:08:13, 14 August 2012

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has given midfielder Nigel de Jong permission to talk to Inter Milan over a move to Serie A.

Dutch international De Jong is one of the players Mancini is happy to move out before the closure of the transfer window as he looks to free up money on City's wage bill for new signings.

Italian job: Nigel de Jong could have played his last game for City at the Community Shield with the midfielder set for talks with Inter Milan

With the 27-year-old having just one year left on his contract at the Etihad Stadium, City will be forced to accept a cut price fee for De Jong - maybe as little as £8m - as they know they will lose him for nothing next summer if he stays.

And now Mancini has told his former club Inter that they are free to negotiate personal terms with De Jong while the two clubs try to come to an agreement.

De Jong played against Chelsea in Sunday's Community Shield but will not be a first choice pick for City this season, especially if Mancini does persuade his board to pay the £30m it will take to get Spanish international Javi Martinez out of Atletico Bilbao.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.