Aldi

I have a LIDL near me, its quality

They bake fresh croisants which i need for my brekkie with my cheap fairtrade Colombian coffee, some of there mature cheddar is superb, the minced beef is good.

My old ma says to me she cant understand why i shop there as its foriegn rubbish, but im happy as it saves me money and there beers are pretty good too.

No6 said:
kippaxwarrior said:
Pigeonho said:
Anyone shop there?

Loads of people I know have been raving about it after the new one opened up in Failsworth. I only needed a few bits today so thought i'd give it a whirl. It's fucking shit, it's fucking wank, it's fucking terrible.

Lesson learned - stick to what you know.

Sorry to disagree mate but i switched from ASDA to Aldi about 18 months ago and i love it!
The meat is much better than ASDA as well as cheaper and so is the fresh stuff like fruit and veg and i think their own brand products are very good value also
We normally do a months shop and its costs us about £135 a month for 3 adults and a dog and that includes stuff like washing up liquid and washing liquid
Cant really argue with that

Exactly. The quality of most foods in there are at least equal to, but in most cases superior to, the brands people buy in their regular supermarkets.

The fact that there aren't "recognised" brands leads people to believe that the products are inferior.

Marketing 101

Actually, my taste buds lead me to believe that most of their products are inferior.

stonerblue said:
Good for duck legs, extra long shoe horns and quirky tools. I have a mini bench grinder and a rightangled drill bit from there.

Yeah. What's that all about?

Whilst I've no complaints about the fresh and packaged foods in these places, I just find the randomly bizarre special offer items befuddling.

Davs 19 said:
No6 said:
kippaxwarrior said:
Sorry to disagree mate but i switched from ASDA to Aldi about 18 months ago and i love it!
The meat is much better than ASDA as well as cheaper and so is the fresh stuff like fruit and veg and i think their own brand products are very good value also
We normally do a months shop and its costs us about £135 a month for 3 adults and a dog and that includes stuff like washing up liquid and washing liquid
Cant really argue with that

Exactly. The quality of most foods in there are at least equal to, but in most cases superior to, the brands people buy in their regular supermarkets.

The fact that there aren't "recognised" brands leads people to believe that the products are inferior.

Marketing 101

Actually, my taste buds lead me to believe that most of their products are inferior.

Are you just trying equivalent products to your usual brands or taking a dip into things that you wouldn't usually give a go? Maybe the baked beans aren't what you're used to from Heinz, but give other things a go. The range of products is often a bit more eclectic than you can find in Asda or Sainsbury's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.