Aldi

Davs 19 said:
No6 said:
kippaxwarrior said:
Sorry to disagree mate but i switched from ASDA to Aldi about 18 months ago and i love it!
The meat is much better than ASDA as well as cheaper and so is the fresh stuff like fruit and veg and i think their own brand products are very good value also
We normally do a months shop and its costs us about £135 a month for 3 adults and a dog and that includes stuff like washing up liquid and washing liquid
Cant really argue with that

Exactly. The quality of most foods in there are at least equal to, but in most cases superior to, the brands people buy in their regular supermarkets.

The fact that there aren't "recognised" brands leads people to believe that the products are inferior.

Marketing 101

Actually, my taste buds lead me to believe that most of their products are inferior.

Go get the ingredients for a decent meze type of thing - olives, Parma ham, sun dried tomatoes, cheeses, salami, haloumi, chorizo, cooked meats and their anti pasti - stuffed peppers, vine leaves mushroom and aubergene - I really dont think that you can justifiably knock any of those. I was going to put pitta bread but I must admit it is, as are most of the supermarkets, not a patch on M&S's.

My local Aldi had a special offer a couple of weeks ago. !Champion breakfast £1.99. fuckin marvellous! Got even better a week later, 99p got 8 in the freezer, summer holidays, teenagers at home, jobs a good un ;-)

5 slices of quality corned beef for about 99p in Aldi

3 slices of the value shite in tesco is about £2.50

Aldi is Quality. Went into Lidl the other week and was impressed at the fresh bakery stuff they sell

No6 said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Lidl Goody muesli range is produced by this countrys top high end cereal company.
I'm very ITK on this one.

According to who? SSN? Twitter?

Post a cryptic youtube clip or we won't believe you

;)
That's it, fuck you.Pack your bowels with coco pops for all I care. I'm off.

My kids won't allow mrs 2sheikhs to shop at aldi in case any of their schoolmates see her in there.

I remember a few years ago whilst shopping at the old Hyde Aldi, an elderly couple emptied their Aldi shopping bags into Sainsburys bags into their boot of their 60k Merc! It amused me no end thinking of them carrying their shopping past their posh neighbours! Pretentious snobs!
Talking of snobery, i think many on here are probably guilty of brand snobery if they are honest. The thing i like about Aldi, is they dont rearange items onto different isles like Tesco and Asda often do and this annoys me, and i have walked out with half a trolley full in frustration in the past.

Tesco and Asda are guilty of trumping up prices, for example, Tesco often advertise 4 cans of john west tuna, half price to £3-99. FFS, i've never seen tune at £7-99 for four friggin cans! Aldi's tuna is a modest 54p per can, same quality, same protein content. FFS, does the fuckin tuna know it's being canned for Tesco, Aldi, Sainsburys or Asda? If you know what you are buying, you can save money there, ut some of their stuff is shite tbh. Basics like milk,certain bread, fruit and veg are excellent quality and value, 4 pints of milk there is 20p cheaper than the other supermarkets, and the thrifty and hard up shoppers can save money.

But,, beware of 'Crane sports' clothing, unless you wanna look like a bedraggled scarecrow thats ben through a hedge backwards and dry bummed!

I'll buy anyone a pint who's honest enough to have bought that shite and still wear it. The fashion police should be looking to lock anyone up in that gear, even a skint scouser would steer clear!

Gaylord du Bois said:
No6 said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Lidl Goody muesli range is produced by this countrys top high end cereal company.
I'm very ITK on this one.

According to who? SSN? Twitter?

Post a cryptic youtube clip or we won't believe you

;)
That's it, fuck you.Pack your bowels with coco pops for all I care. I'm off.

PMSL. Nice work Gaylord<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:08 pm --<br /><br />
bluemoon risin' said:
I remember a few years ago whilst shopping at the old Hyde Aldi, an elderly couple emptied their Aldi shopping bags into Sainsburys bags into their boot of their 60k Merc! It amused me no end thinking of them carrying their shopping past their posh neighbours! Pretentious snobs!
Talking of snobery, i think many on here are probably guilty of brand snobery if they are honest. The thing i like about Aldi, is they dont rearange items onto different isles like Tesco and Asda often do and this annoys me, and i have walked out with half a trolley full in frustration in the past.

Tesco and Asda are guilty of trumping up prices, for example, Tesco often advertise 4 cans of john west tuna, half price to £3-99. FFS, i've never seen tune at £7-99 for four friggin cans! Aldi's tuna is a modest 54p per can, same quality, same protein content. FFS, does the fuckin tuna know it's being canned for Tesco, Aldi, Sainsburys or Asda? If you know what you are buying, you can save money there, ut some of their stuff is shite tbh. Basics like milk,certain bread, fruit and veg are excellent quality and value, 4 pints of milk there is 20p cheaper than the other supermarkets, and the thrifty and hard up shoppers can save money.

But,, beware of 'Crane sports' clothing, unless you wanna look like a bedraggled scarecrow thats ben through a hedge backwards and dry bummed!

I'll buy anyone a pint who's honest enough to have bought that shite and still wear it. The fashion police should be looking to lock anyone up in that gear, even a skint scouser would steer clear!

^this^

However I think there's also an element of "brand conditioning" through a lifetime of very sophisticated advertising and marketing.

Completely agree with all your comments regarding their products.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.