Champions League "Group of Champions" - transfers

• Thread starter Deleted member 14625
  • Start date
D D

Deleted member 14625

Does anyone think that this will have an effect on players desperately ringing their agents in the next twenty-four hours trying to get a move to City just to be part of this historic and monumental group?

I think if Bobby thought he might need a little divine intervention as far as pushing the money men for that bit extra to make a couple of signings of Champions League caliber he just got it!

Too late to pull off any major deals that the ground work hasn't been done for - UNLESS we pay over the odds and abandon our new attempts at financial prudence.

Too late.

In any case it shouldn't take the champ league draw to get us to make deals which should have happened a month ago, not the last day of the window.

Maybe Hazard, Falcao, Thiago Silva and Cristiano Ronaldo should have been bought this summer then. That would have sorted out this CL group in our favour wouldn't it.

To hell with FFP, ..Platini as long as the club is solvent, unlike half of the big names from the past, eh ?

danburge82 said:
Does anyone think that this will have an effect on players desperately ringing their agents in the next twenty-four hours trying to get a move to City just to be part of this historic and monumental group?

No. Especially not if they look at our performance last year and ponder whether we will actually make it out of the group stage.

Honestly, I'm not sure why a player would be attracted to such a massive bout of short-termism. It's a bit like asking if a player would contact his agent and tell him "get me a transfer to Barca because I really want to play a Clasico. But when the Clasico is finished, get them to sell me because I'm not interested in the rest of the games they play."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.