Madrid away tickets - Prices in OP

Re: Madrid away tickets

loui_mcfc said:
Astley Lad said:
Got to be honest and say that the way the City ticket office is run is complete and utter shite. Everything is last minute and you only speak to bits of kids who haven't got the authority to do anything even if the club was of a mind to try and sort out any problems. Our mission statement says "we will go the extra mile" - that's bollocks, the only thing you hear from them is "sorry, there's nothing I can do about it". Unfortunately, the only recourse you have is to stay away from away / cup matches and, whilst it might cost the club financially, it will only hurt if everbody does it and that isn't going to happen.

I always find them very helpful. Never had a bad word to say about them.[/quote]

Have you ever had to ask them to do anything that went outside the norm ? They're absolutlely fine when all you ask them to do is what they would have done anyway. But ask them to do anything that might mean they have to live up to the 'City Promise' then they're useless. It's not the fault of the operators, as I say, they're just kids on the end of the phone doing what they're told to do. It's the fault of the club, it's pointless issuing a 'mission statement' when it's only for show and you have no intention of even trying to live up to it.

Gstack166 said:
It's the flights that's going to catch people out with this match. Very hard to get a cheap flight to Madrid with just 2 weeks notice plus it's not the cheapest by any means in terms of accommodation! Had this game been the back end of November or so we would've took 10,000 easily had we been provided the tickets

Accomodation is dirt cheap

Astley Lad said:
loui_mcfc said:
Astley Lad said:
Got to be honest and say that the way the City ticket office is run is complete and utter shite. Everything is last minute and you only speak to bits of kids who haven't got the authority to do anything even if the club was of a mind to try and sort out any problems. Our mission statement says "we will go the extra mile" - that's bollocks, the only thing you hear from them is "sorry, there's nothing I can do about it". Unfortunately, the only recourse you have is to stay away from away / cup matches and, whilst it might cost the club financially, it will only hurt if everbody does it and that isn't going to happen.

I always find them very helpful. Never had a bad word to say about them.[/quote]

Have you ever had to ask them to do anything that went outside the norm ? They're absolutlely fine when all you ask them to do is what they would have done anyway. But ask them to do anything that might mean they have to live up to the 'City Promise' then they're useless. It's not the fault of the operators, as I say, they're just kids on the end of the phone doing what they're told to do. It's the fault of the club, it's pointless issuing a 'mission statement' when it's only for show and you have no intention of even trying to live up to it.

I have had to ask them questions that they have not always known the answer to immediately but they have either gone away and found out the answer whilst I have been on the phone or rung me back later and the people in the ticket office above the shop are always very helpful and friendly. Never had a bad experience with them. I think it is like any big organisation, there are times when they don't get it right and people have a moan but when they get it right hardly anyone ever comes on and praises them so it looks as if they get it wrong more than they get it right which is not really the case.

I am just speaking as I find. Maybe if more people came on when the operators have gone out of their way to help we would see a different side. IMHO

Astley Lad said:
loui_mcfc said:
Astley Lad said:

I find the ticket office staff really good and the customer service good.

It's the organ grinders who sometimes get it wrong. Not always; I'd say they got the Chrity Shield right. But this one they've ballsed up. They need to be getting tickets for this one out to all as soon as possible.

Eccles Blue said:
Astley Lad said:

I have had to ask them questions that they have not always known the answer to immediately but they have either gone away and found out the answer whilst I have been on the phone or rung me back later and the people in the ticket office above the shop are always very helpful and friendly. Never had a bad experience with them. I think it is like any big organisation, there are times when they don't get it right and people have a moan but when they get it right hardly anyone ever comes on and praises them so it looks as if they get it wrong more than they get it right which is not really the case.

I am just speaking as I find. Maybe if more people came on when the operators have gone out of their way to help we would see a different side. IMHO

I've always found them really helpful too. Whether it's relocating my seat for a cup match so I can try somewhere else, moving my season ticket, upgrading season tickets, whatever.

If it goes to open sale as quite a few seem to think, is the only option to get tickets from ticket office in person or would there be a way of collecting them in Madrid?

I'd definitely go to this if I could be guaranteed a ticket and flights won't be a problem from here, but obviously I can't go to Manchester to pick the tickets up and there won't be time for them to be sent out here.

Dubai Blue said:
If it goes to open sale as quite a few seem to think, is the only option to get tickets from ticket office in person or would there be a way of collecting them in Madrid?

I'd definitely go to this if I could be guaranteed a ticket and flights won't be a problem from here, but obviously I can't go to Manchester to pick the tickets up and there won't be time for them to be sent out here.

I'm getting 6 tickets tomorrow, I can get an extra one if you want to get your flights booked, I can meet you in Madrid with the ticket, up to you mate.

Dubai Blue said:

For whatever reason, I was unable to pick up my tickets from the ground for the Lisbon game - contacted City and ended up meeting a representative out there to collect. Was bricking it but she was there outside the ground with a wedge of tickets.

Unbelievable that people are blaming the ticket office for us having an away fixture less than 3 weeks after the draw. Could it have possibly been a delay by Uefa or Real Madrid in the release of ticket details. Yes I agree that the bands on points should have been a lot wider but then there would have been another thread moaning about that.
If you have got the money to go to Madrid with the ridicules prices of flights then I am fairly confident you will get a ticket. I can get a ticket but not a chance I am going to Madrid. All in all you are looking at a £450 to £500 trip which made Munich a bargain.
This will not sell out and depending on tickets left after Saturday you will see a much wider points bracket. Anyway there will still be 10 days till the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.