Nastasić

Considering where and what his debut was surely everybody has to be impressed?
He's also a big strong looking lad at just 19 and will improve both technically and physically.

I think some of you are way too critical of Vinny. Not his best game maybe but for christ sake we were playing Real away. He was up against the second best player in the world you know and it's not like he was slaughtered all night.

19 years old played 26 times for Fiorentina and he makes his City debut in the champions league in the cauldron that is the Bernabeu.

could anyone actually tell it was only his 27th game at the highest level.

he`ll do, although not as great as Stan Jones and Chris Apalling

I thought he had a great game to be honest, looked sharp and confident on the ball - not bad for his first game - being thrown in at the deep end!

alky313 said:
pee dubya said:
Really impressed. The picture was a little grainy here, but i think it was him who played several balls, along the ground, totally bypassing the midfield into Tevez's feet?

And yeah he got beaten by Benzema, but that happens when you play against the the top players. He was a couple of feet too far away, so got wrong-footed closing the gap, by a perfect first touch.

In fairness for all Hart did well today getting beat near post is something a keeper of any level should accept.
That's just a cliche really. You still have a full goal to cover and from where Benzema was positioned he could have gone either side of Hart. The finish was so accurate that you don't really save those unless you anticipate and begin your dive just before the ball is struck. And you can't really do that for obvious reasons.

As for his lest side problem, think people are forgetting the two saves in the first ten mins. It's nonsense that team are 'targeting' the left side. Ronaldo had 10 shots last night, cutting in from the right. The majority are going to be aimed towards the far post as that's the largest target area given any keepers positioning in such a situation. In any case, just as many shots flew wide of his right hand post.

There's a video of him on the clubs website after the game. Doesn't come across as a 19 year old if you ask me. Cool as a cucumber.

for a debut at such a place he was our best defender, he made few mistakes, but was pretty darn good imo, espec for such a young lad, think we could have found a class defender, plus has some decent footballing skills n plenty of energy. i give him a 7 for his 1st game.

r.soleofsalford said:
19 years old played 26 times for Fiorentina and he makes his City debut in the champions league in the cauldron that is the Bernabeu.

could anyone actually tell it was only his 27th game at the highest level.

he`ll do, although not as great as Stan Jones and Chris Apalling

Not forgetting the late great camel gob. Best centre back since Bobby Moore!

Feel for Lescott, but we did it. We found that young cb, who's physically strong but good with the ball. Our monster .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.