Fear of public speaking?

hgblue said:
didactic said:
themadinventor said:
Most people are afraid of it in my opinion , I not only am ok with it I actually really enjoy it, I get from doing it and once I'm up there they have trouble getting me off the stage lol.

I wonder what it is that they are afraid of though? People judging them? My attitude has always been who cares what people think or say maybe why that is why it doesn't phase me? Like you I will stand up anywhere and in front of anyone and talk.

Sounds like you're an extrovert? You'll struggle to understand how anybody could find public speaking stressful, but there are a large number of people who are naturally introverted, and this takes them right out of their comfort zone.

Yes maybe that is it. It was the reaction that I could not understand he looked like he was going to be physically sick.<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:22 pm --<br /><br />
pominoz said:
Except in the company of fellow Bluemooners, eh?

Get me two tickets to the home Real v City game and ill come collect them off you in person.

Blushing is a mental condition and horrible to have, i would be fine to speak in public if i knew my face wasn't going bright red - its easy to say now that it shouldn't let it bother you , but at the time when you can feel your face burning and wondering if people are noticing,its horrible.

Really suffered with this from about 15-20 , since then have learned techniques to deal with it.

been a best man 3 times,and my god did i shit it,did it in the end,also when i was in my yoof i was in a band we did a gig at a local yoof club,must of been 100,000 yoofs there( well it felt that many) again i did it but couldnt move (i was the singer)

I struggle ... I am a shy person! I often make it worse when I "try" to be funny.

Best way to deal with it is to prepare as well as you can!

I hate it. I start shaking like a shitting dog if I ever have to speak in front of a large crowd.

Terrifies me. My 2 best mates aren't married so I've avoided the best man trap and I work for myself so no speeches needed at work. But one day I'll have nowhere to hide - my daughter's only little but I'm already dreading the day she gets married as I'll have to make a speech. Her mother's family fucking detest me which'll make it doubly worse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.