Terry retires from international football {merged}

city91 said:
Bluemoonbaldboy said:
MSP said:
Joke of a verdict really.. if court let him go FA should never charge him at all.. maybe on some other stuff but not racial one..

then the ban length and fine amount are shocking from many reasons.. if he's guilty for racial abuse 4 games is nothing and how the hell Suarez got 8 for it; or why such difference in fine amount too
No it isn't under the kick it out campaign which the FA is signed up to any colour reference breaches FA rules so Terry in saying "I never called you a........" convicted himself same thing that happened with Suarez as soon as he admitted using that term that's meant to be a pleasantry in Uruguay

So surely Anton Ferdinand must have mentioned the colour of his own skin whilst accusing Terry of saying it. Does that mean Camel gob jr gets a ban?

Also I think John Terry is an utter prick but the way this whole racism saga has been played out is farcical and embarrassing to say the least. The guy may have made a racial slur towards Ferdinand but its been made out like he is the new Hitler ffs give the guy a break. Personally I think he did call Ferdinand but I don't think he is racist he probably just made an error of judgement in response to Ferdinand calling him about the affair he had. After all he is the captain of Chelsea one of the most multi cultural teams in the world and I think their black players would object to that if he truly was a racist dont you?

To respond to your first highlighted point, my understanding is that, although this is Terry's "defence", Fedinand has stated that he accused Terry of nothing, and wasn't even aware of what Terry had shouted until after the match? Has this changed?

And to your second point; what form do you think this objection might take? Perhaps by the senior black players at the club declining to sign a statement in support of Terry...?

Off topic a little here, but I have just been watching City v Sunderland from 2000, it was on ESPN yesterday, the 1st game at home that season and we won 4-2

Any way in this match there is a bit of hand bags between Richard Edgehill and Don Hutchinson, Hutchinson the prick, I am sure called Edgehill a ni**er and a black **** its caught on camera, which causes Edgehill to go mad, the referee who is David Ellery does nothing and the players around do fuck all either and they must of heard it and seen it, fucking disgusting

44% said:
city91 said:
Bluemoonbaldboy said:
No it isn't under the kick it out campaign which the FA is signed up to any colour reference breaches FA rules so Terry in saying "I never called you a........" convicted himself same thing that happened with Suarez as soon as he admitted using that term that's meant to be a pleasantry in Uruguay

So surely Anton Ferdinand must have mentioned the colour of his own skin whilst accusing Terry of saying it. Does that mean Camel gob jr gets a ban?

Also I think John Terry is an utter prick but the way this whole racism saga has been played out is farcical and embarrassing to say the least. The guy may have made a racial slur towards Ferdinand but its been made out like he is the new Hitler ffs give the guy a break. Personally I think he did call Ferdinand but I don't think he is racist he probably just made an error of judgement in response to Ferdinand calling him about the affair he had. After all he is the captain of Chelsea one of the most multi cultural teams in the world and I think their black players would object to that if he truly was a racist dont you?

Now i will really appereciate it if you can give me your views on suarez , do you consider him a racist ? Is his 8 game ban justified in context to terry?

I think you would have to ask Suarez why he doesn't like Evra. If he responds because he is black then yes he is a racist. However if he says because they had an argument and was insulting each other then No I do not think he is a racist. I personally think the term racist is too sterotypical, for example if Suarez is racist then he will treat every black french player the same as Evra. Don't get me wrong I still think it is wrong to make a racial insult and Suarez was rightly punished however I am still of the belief that he was just naive and stupid rather than full on racist.

In regards to the punishments I think they were both wrong especially Suarez's. The FA would have been a lot better to give Suarez a 3 match ban, fine him about £200,000 which goes to an ethnic charity and make him do work for the kick it out campaign. All the 8 game ban done IMO was tell the world that he is 'racist' and encourage fans to abuse him. My views IMO would have tackled the problem better and allowed Suarez to make amends for his comments rather than live with the racist label he has. In regards to Terry the ban is extremely harsh when you consider the damage it has had on his career and the fact he has been found not guilty in a court of law. The thing what stood out for me was the fact that Anton Ferdinand was abusing Terry abut his personal life and that should have also been investigated.

I mean where do you draw the line at abuse? as City fans we can call players like Wayne Rooney every name under the sun there is a number of chants mocking his personal life and some are quite offensive. There is even nasty songs about Fergie but that gets considered as banter. However if we had a chant which mentioned someone's ethnicity then we would get banned from the ground. I just think the FA should look at the abuse players suffer and treat it with the same grounds as they would if a player was racially abused or abused over his sexuality.

I mean where do you draw the line at abuse? as City fans we can call players like Wayne Rooney every name under the sun there is a number of chants mocking his personal life and some are quite offensive. There is even nasty songs about Fergie but that gets considered as banter. However if we had a chant which mentioned someone's ethnicity then we would get banned from the ground. I just think the FA should look at the abuse players suffer and treat it with the same grounds as they would if a player was racially abused or abused over his sexuality.[/quote]

Some very good points , i think racism is a issue but so is the personal abuse every player gets , racism is probably on another level but sometimes personal chants are almost as offensive . We , lfc fans used to sing munich songs not so long ago and they still sing about hillsborough and heysel but those are not considered offensive

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.