Thrown out of the stadium today

Danny Wilson has replied to my mail and will look into it on Monday. It was and I categorically repeat not me. I did not even speak to a PDA operator. I asked them to check that and they said we don't need to he identified you both. Which is clearly impossible as we went in the ground at different times[/quote]

For what it's worth, I emailed Danny Wilson on Wednesday about a problem, return email Thursday, phone call Friday - problem sorted. Can't say fairer than that.
Can understand why you're upset but don't put yourself in the wrong by losing your rag after the event. Think about it sensibly, go about it in the right way and I'm sure the club will put it right.

The club definitely has some way to go in the Customer Service and PR departments, despite thier numerous survey's. That said, no-one on here really knows what did and did not happen. I think it would be safe to assume that somewhere down the line a PDA operator did get some kind of grief and the culb recognises their responsibility to protect their staff.

What I would ask is how did the PDA Operator recognise you given that you arrived at different times (assuming you did again yesterday) and how did they pick you out yesterday?

I have to say the only two times I have had cause to deal with a PDA Operator they were perfect, even though they could not directly resolve my query on one of the occasions.

As has been said earlier, try to calm down and see to from the clubs prespective and thier responsibility of duty of care to their employees. I'm sure that if you take a deep breath and stay calm it will be resolved satisfactorilly.

That said I did see a group of four Showsec Stewards target a guy in the spiral in East Stand at half time and take him away to behind the scenes - it did seem quite amicable though.

Astley Lad said:
Danny Wilson has replied to my mail and will look into it on Monday. It was and I categorically repeat not me. I did not even speak to a PDA operator. I asked them to check that and they said we don't need to he identified you both. Which is clearly impossible as we went in the ground at different times

For what it's worth, I emailed Danny Wilson on Wednesday about a problem, return email Thursday, phone call Friday - problem sorted. Can't say fairer than that.
Can understand why you're upset but don't put yourself in the wrong by losing your rag after the event. Think about it sensibly, go about it in the right way and I'm sure the club will put it right.[/quote]
I know mate I sent him the facts and there probably was emotion in the mail, but I didn't lose my rag

Obviously not sure about what has or hasn't happened but in terms of slander or defamation you could only bring an action against that person if they said something in public (ie to an audience or something) which they know to be untrue. Also, there has to be some loss on your part in terms of your character being tarnished. Posting on here hasn't really helped you because you're the one bringing it to the attention of the world, not the club, so straightaway they would say they had a private conversation with you and you have seen fit to broadcast it. Seems like something's gone on here but firstly it wasn't actually in front of audience or something and secondly, seeing as though they've taken your card off you, whatever was said they believe to be true so I'm afraid you'll get nowhere with the Slander case. You'll also need a fair amount of money or a solicitor who will do it for no win no fee and given the circumstances, I'm afraid that's a non starter.

With regard to the press angle. Just because you think you've been treated harshly, doesn't make it worthy of press coverage. Whilst some people on here think the press want to print anything that slags the club off, the fact is that the press will only print something which they think is in the public interest so just because you have a beef with the club, it doesn't follow that the press will be interested in printing anything about it.

The best thing you can do is to calm down, reflect on what has happened and if you are in any way at fault for anything, admit it and send a letter of apology to the club and tell them that the people you go with are reliant on you to take them etc.

From what you've said, something has happened to have resulted in your card being confiscated, whether you believe it to be your fault or not so the best thing you can do, again, is to write to the club explaining what happened from your point of view, keeping it polite and objective.

BigJoe#1 said:
The club definitely has some way to go in the Customer Service and PR departments, despite thier numerous survey's. That said, no-one on here really knows what did and did not happen. I think it would be safe to assume that somewhere down the line a PDA operator did get some kind of grief and the culb recognises their responsibility to protect their staff.

What I would ask is how did the PDA Operator recognise you given that you arrived at different times (assuming you did again yesterday) and how did they pick you out yesterday?

I have to say the only two times I have had cause to deal with a PDA Operator they were perfect, even though they could not directly resolve my query on one of the occasions.

As has been said earlier, try to calm down and see to from the clubs prespective and thier responsibility of duty of care to their employees. I'm sure that if you take a deep breath and stay calm it will be resolved satisfactorilly.

That said I did see a group of four Showsec Stewards target a guy in the spiral in East Stand at half time and take him away to behind the scenes - it did seem quite amicable though.

Yes I understand the club have to look after their employee and yes we arrived at different times again yesterday. I went in with my brother. I really do not for the life of me know how we were identified. We both had black coats on maybe that was it, I really have no idea.

The other lad is quietest person in the world that's why just say hello at the seat.

mekonmcfc said:
BigJoe#1 said:

Yes I understand the club have to look after their employee and yes we arrived at different times again yesterday. I went in with my brother. I really do not for the life of me know how we were identified. We both had black coats on maybe that was it, I really have no idea.

The other lad is quietest person in the world that's why just say hello at the seat.

The very fact you arrived at different times yesterday and on Wednesday should be enough for you to be cleared of any alleged offence, please stay calm and when you speak to them, take the wind out of their sails by..... will PM you.

Franny Lee's Barrel Chest said:
Obviously not sure about what has or hasn't happened but in terms of slander or defamation you could only bring an action against that person if they said something in public (ie to an audience or something) which they know to be untrue. Also, there has to be some loss on your part in terms of your character being tarnished. Posting on here hasn't really helped you because you're the one bringing it to the attention of the world, not the club, so straightaway they would say they had a private conversation with you and you have seen fit to broadcast it. Seems like something's gone on here but firstly it wasn't actually in front of audience or something and secondly, seeing as though they've taken your card off you, whatever was said they believe to be true so I'm afraid you'll get nowhere with the Slander case. You'll also need a fair amount of money or a solicitor who will do it for no win no fee and given the circumstances, I'm afraid that's a non starter.

With regard to the press angle. Just because you think you've been treated harshly, doesn't make it worthy of press coverage. Whilst some people on here think the press want to print anything that slags the club off, the fact is that the press will only print something which they think is in the public interest so just because you have a beef with the club, it doesn't follow that the press will be interested in printing anything about it.

The best thing you can do is to calm down, reflect on what has happened and if you are in any way at fault for anything, admit it and send a letter of apology to the club and tell them that the people you go with are reliant on you to take them etc.

From what you've said, something has happened to have resulted in your card being confiscated, whether you believe it to be your fault or not so the best thing you can do, again, is to write to the club explaining what happened from your point of view, keeping it polite and objective.
Yes something with somebody on Wednesday night, and it was not me !! I went into the ground without any need of speaking to a PDA operator, it is clearly mistaken identity<br /><br />-- Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:35 am --<br /><br />
BigJoe#1 said:
mekonmcfc said:
BigJoe#1 said:

The very fact you arrived at different times yesterday and on Wednesday should be enough for you to be cleared of any alleged offence, please stay calm and when you speak to them, take the wind out of their sails by..... will PM you.
Cheers

I'm a doorman and hold an sia badge which the city stewards don't and are therefore not regulated and have had no training. There not allowed to search you without your consent but can stop you entering the ground or ask you to leave. They have no right to lay an hand on you unless its in there self defence or the self defence of another. So if they do you will always have CCTV on your side and if your not aggressive and they do handle you they can be done for assault. Personally I'd never leave my seat for a steward until a copper was brought over and it was explained why this had happened and what eviedance they had. The problem you will have is that it will be in the t and c of the club that they have the right to reject and remove any person without reason. I know a few people who have never been convicted of a crime but because they know city's lads that they have been banned from the ground off the club.

Mikedoyle1 said:
I'm a doorman and hold an sia badge which the city stewards don't and are therefore not regulated and have had no training. There not allowed to search you without your consent but can stop you entering the ground or ask you to leave. They have no right to lay an hand on you unless its in there self defence or the self defence of another. So if they do you will always have CCTV on your side and if your not aggressive and they do handle you they can be done for assault. Personally I'd never leave my seat for a steward until a copper was brought over and it was explained why this had happened and what eviedance they had. The problem you will have is that it will be in the t and c of the club that they have the right to reject and remove any person without reason. I know a few people who have never been convicted of a crime but because they know city's lads that they have been banned from the ground off the club.
I have no dealings with city's lads, I go to the game with my brother and dad generally, on weds I went with gf and her mate
I'm a 42 year old professional and would never speak or bully someone as they put it.
Clearly mistaken identity I just want it sorted quickly

If you contact the FSF they have a solicitor that gives free advice to fans about this sort of stuff mate.
Info via their website.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.