Blue Alliance Fans Survey - Improving The Atmosphere

wearethesouthstand said:
trevorriley said:
Still waiting for a get together to discuss ultras / better atmosphere.... Anything sorted ?

i got your email and that's great but firstly probably feed a resume of peoples views into the club tomorrow then see where we are

whyalwayste asked if tba would pop down to the eds

as i put in the dm to ste anyone who is trying to do something positive gets our best wishes, we've been criticised ourselves on here for years so the one thing we're not gonna do is criticise anyone else for showing some initiative

however get yourselves organised first - we're meeting on 27th before swansea at the waldorf, why not drop in. a lot of the leadership won't be there - 2 or 3 are away but there will be some issues to talk about, and you can see how we work and organise - it's 2 til 4 in the waldorf pub, introduce yourself to felix at the end and run though what you have organised

with all due respect, we're at a different level at the minute but that doesn't mean we wouldn't or couldn't work together at some point

we're an official branch of the MCFC supporters club, we take fans to all games home and away and in europe. we pay subscriptions to MCFC itself and we took 150 to newcastle, 150 to the comm shield, taking a coach to ajax, these things take organisation and lots of hard work, if you lot joined with us, you might find you could achieve your aims quicker because we could direct funding to projects from ourselves and via the club. we also have a lot of the hardcore singers within our ranks , the people who go everywhere so we have a group that know each other already through the away games built over years - if you go away games regularly you might find you know some of the faces.

we are growing at a rate where we would be able to implement a lot of things that everyone want to see happen. to make things happen it costs money, hundreds, thousands of pounds.

i would say you come and see us on the 27th, have a chat with fe and the boys, we can let our members know about the event on the 8th.

Ive Started groups on Facebook and Twitter named 'The Citizens' which would attempt to raise the atmosphere threw organised singing and chanting lead by a capo.... Thats possibly what WhyAlwaysSte was speaking about, he has really helped! There is around 400 people who like/follow the idea....

Just out of interest what do you think of this idea?

Loukas said:
wearethesouthstand said:
trevorriley said:
Still waiting for a get together to discuss ultras / better atmosphere.... Anything sorted ?

i got your email and that's great but firstly probably feed a resume of peoples views into the club tomorrow then see where we are

whyalwayste asked if tba would pop down to the eds

as i put in the dm to ste anyone who is trying to do something positive gets our best wishes, we've been criticised ourselves on here for years so the one thing we're not gonna do is criticise anyone else for showing some initiative

however get yourselves organised first - we're meeting on 27th before swansea at the waldorf, why not drop in. a lot of the leadership won't be there - 2 or 3 are away but there will be some issues to talk about, and you can see how we work and organise - it's 2 til 4 in the waldorf pub, introduce yourself to felix at the end and run though what you have organised

with all due respect, we're at a different level at the minute but that doesn't mean we wouldn't or couldn't work together at some point

we're an official branch of the MCFC supporters club, we take fans to all games home and away and in europe. we pay subscriptions to MCFC itself and we took 150 to newcastle, 150 to the comm shield, taking a coach to ajax, these things take organisation and lots of hard work, if you lot joined with us, you might find you could achieve your aims quicker because we could direct funding to projects from ourselves and via the club. we also have a lot of the hardcore singers within our ranks , the people who go everywhere so we have a group that know each other already through the away games built over years - if you go away games regularly you might find you know some of the faces.

we are growing at a rate where we would be able to implement a lot of things that everyone want to see happen. to make things happen it costs money, hundreds, thousands of pounds.

i would say you come and see us on the 27th, have a chat with fe and the boys, we can let our members know about the event on the 8th.

Ive Started groups on Facebook and Twitter named 'The Citizens' which would attempt to raise the atmosphere threw organised singing and chanting lead by a capo.... Thats possibly what WhyAlwaysSte was speaking about, he has really helped! There is around 400 people who like/follow the idea....

anyone who is passionate about improving the atmosphere deserves a pat on the back. you have to get organised then devise what you think you're about. you have to see if people want "a capo" with one guy at the front with a megaphone, if people are against that or a drum, then you need to think what else you can offer to improve the atmosphere.

what we're saying is we've already got an infrastructure, if you wanted to go it alone then drop in and see how we operate, logistically there's things you need to have in place.

wearethesouthstand said:
Loukas said:
wearethesouthstand said:

anyone who is passionate about improving the atmosphere deserves a pat on the back. you have to get organised then devise what you think you're about. you have to see if people want "a capo" with one guy at the front with a megaphone, if people are against that or a drum, then you need to think what else you can offer to improve the atmosphere.

what we're saying is we've already got an infrastructure, if you wanted to go it alone then drop in and see how we operate, logistically there's things you need to have in place.

Yes I would be more than happy to come and see how you operate, I go to all the games so I may even recognise some faces!

Thanks for the feedback and the advice!

If you sit (stand) in the south stand you should sing or move out. Especially you behind me in AA 117 456 you maoning old negative miserable twonk.

here are some of the blue alliance onstage before dortmund

you can download it yourselves by cutting this link and putting it into your browsers

<a class="postlink" href="https://rcpt.yousendit.com/1742768223/0c2ca5709ffde0be8cd80f6d5671566a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://rcpt.yousendit.com/1742768223/0 ... 6d5671566a</a>

will give you an idea of what we're all about

me and my grandad tried to get ''city city city'' going after every shot/chance we had. worked about 2 times, but i think this is what we need more of. noise, rather than clever/funny chants.

Let me throw this at you all. Don't bite my head off. ;-)

What if a block(let's go for 116) was turned into a 'dedicated singing block'.(for want of a better title) What would your thoughts be?

A block holding 500(not sure of the block capacity) 'dedicated singers'.(Poznan, Aris, Dortmund style)

A block open to season ticket holders only, so the same people stand next to each other match after match. (in essence a members block)

A block with it's own identity. Banners and flags above the block and along the bottom wall, etc.

A season ticket specific in design for the members of that block.

A voluntary code of conduct agreed with the club.(no flares, smoke bombs, etc)

An additional charge of £10 on each season ticket, matched by the club, so £10,000 would raised per season and used for Banners, flags, ticker tape, etc.

A dedicated part or full time member of staff to liaise with the fans in that block.

Elected representatives to meet with club officials.

Monthly or 3 Monthly meetings with club officials, Showsec, etc to discuss issues and/or concerns.

A dedicated page on the Official website.

A block where a Capo, drums, or other ideas could be trialed.

Etc.

But what about the season ticket holders already in that block jrb.

Unlike the North Stand relocation wouldn't be forced on existing season ticket holders in that block. However, the club would make it clear to them that their block will become a dedicated singers block in the future. If they wished to relocate seats would be offered to them that have become vacant via fans relocating to the dedicated singing block. If they wish to stay put, then fair enough.

Tin hat. :-)

jrb said:

What if a block(let's go for 116) was turned into a 'dedicated singing block'.(for want of a better title) What would your thoughts be?

A block holding 500(not sure of the block capacity) 'dedicated singers'.(Poznan, Aris, Dortmund style)

A block open to season ticket holders only, so the same people stand next to each other match after match. (in essence a members block)

A block with it's own identity. Banners and flags above the block and along the bottom wall, etc.

An additional charge of £10 on each season ticket, matched by the club, so £10,000 would raised per season and used for Banners, flags, ticker tape, etc.

A dedicated part or full time member of staff to liaise with the fans in that block.

Monthly or 3 Monthly meetings with club officials, Showsec, etc to discuss issues and/or concerns.

Etc.

Unlike the North Stand relocation wouldn't be forced on existing season ticket holders in that block. However, the club would make it clear to them that their block will become a dedicated singers block in the future. If they wished to relocate seats would be offered to them that have become vacant via fans relocating to the dedicated singing block. If they wish to stay put, then fair enough.

Sign me up.

But as I mentioned about Section Hangers-On.. you'll get people signing up because it sounds great and they want to be apart of it... But they won't sing and just observe a quarter of us who sing.

Can you force people to sing? not really, but this is where the Capo/Drum comes in play. It keeps rhythm and encourages people to sing.

Why Always Ste said:
jrb said:

Etc.

Sign me up.

But as I mentioned about Section Hangers-On.. you'll get people signing up because it sounds great and they want to be apart of it... But they won't sing and just observe a quarter of us who sing.

Can you force people to sing? not really, but this is where the Capo/Drum comes in play. It keeps rhythm and encourages people to sing.

agreed, everyone always says wow look at the European fans. then when we say lets do what they do have a capo and drum and then all of a sudden they are saying its shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.