Etihad metro link open for Christmas !

When they started it was said the cost of building this fiasco was going to be approx £650M. Anyone know by how much that figure has rose over the past 5/6 years it has taken to put this shambles together? Hadrians Wall was built quicker and that was done by hand.

BillCarlisle Ex-Manchester said:
Bluemooners who've been to the Nou Camp will know how a proper Metro operates. I went to watch Barca v Levante a couple of years ago and from leaving the stadium it took only 40 mins to get back to Las Ramblas. That included the walk & queue to the Metro plus queuing for the ticket machine.
The crowd that evening was 85,000.

I have a feeling that with 47,000 at the Etihad it will take 40 mins to get on a tram, let alone reach Piccadilly. From what I have heard, I can't see how they are going to be able to provide sufficient carriages to cope with the crowd.

Yeh totally agree with that. Went to the Athletic game in March this year. About 45mins to get back to the Placa de Catalunya. Including waiting at Collblanc for train. Got a 10 trip ticket, and used it to get round Barcelona. Brilliant system. Oh yeh, and reliable.

I hope the club negotiate something with metrolink whereby the cost of your metrolink ticket on match days is covered under a match ticket or season card, similar to what happens in Germany.

southstand_blue said:
Wouldn't use it the time you got on it your be in town good mayb for people goin on back to sale or altrincham mayb don't see much point for people wanting to use it to droyslden or town be a nightmare
I tyhink what this poster is trying to say is that there wouldn't be much advantage in getting the tram from the ground back to the city centre or Droylsden as by the time you have been in the queue and travelled back on the tram you could have walked back with time to spare..and it won't be that favourable unless you are from Sale or Altrincham, Mayb?...:0)

GazC said:
I hope the club negotiate something with metrolink whereby the cost of your metrolink ticket on match days is covered under a match ticket or season card, similar to what happens in Germany.

Yeah, good luck with that one

If you're at the South end of the ground then it'd probably take just as long to walk round and queue up for the metrolink as it would if you jumped on a bus or walked.

jay_mcfc said:
GazC said:

Yeah, good luck with that one

I think the Rags may have something to say too if they did , which they wont by the way

GazC said:

So you can moan it is shite and I would be quicker walking back to town.:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.