Kyle walker

I don't understand how anyone can say Walker is better at attacking than Richards. Didn't Richards get the most combined goals and assists last year out of any defender in the league? On top of that he was integral to the best defence in the league last season. I understand Walker can maybe cross, but everytime Richards has played for us recently he adds a new dimension to our game.

Walker seems to be living off that goal he scored against Arsenal. Before he scored that, I'm sure there wasn't that much praise for him?

greasedupdeafguy said:
FantasyIreland said:
Its a close call,Micah has the physical edge but Walker looks slightly more comfortable on the ball - both are better than Johnson......
No way he is better than Johnson, both are suspect defensively but Johnson is much better at attacking.
I keep reading this but Micah got 5 or so more assists and there was a goal each for him and Johnson last season, so i refute the argument that Johnson is better than Micah attacking.

BlueTG said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
FantasyIreland said:
Its a close call,Micah has the physical edge but Walker looks slightly more comfortable on the ball - both are better than Johnson......
No way he is better than Johnson, both are suspect defensively but Johnson is much better at attacking.
I keep reading this but Micah got 5 or so more assists and there was a goal each for him and Johnson last season, so i refute the argument that Johnson is better than Micah attacking.
I was trying to say that Johnson is better than Walker, Richards is better than both them.

ban-mcfc said:
waspish said:
Ask yourself this if he was a scum Liverpool or a spurs player would he be in the England squad now?

But why? I agree with what youre saying but why should which team matter?

Look at the players he called up BEFORE Mica and all you have to do when your a rag player is play 1 game and its he's the next Best or Duncan Edwards then fast tracked to the England's 1st team HODGSONS a sheep and BaconChops is the shepherd

mammyjam said:
Am I the only person who thinks he's inferior to Micah Richards? I'm getting shouted down on FB at the minute for suggesting so.

Would you take walker over Richards?

It's one of life's oddities that a player can have one particular area of his game come under scrutiny and in one match be found wanting. That will then continue as though it's a given and no matter what that player does to rectify and eradicate that weakness they still carry it around like a millstone. Such a player is Micah.

A fair number of people point to Walcott having little end product given the number of times he gallops down the wing and sends in one shitty cross after another. But Theo still gets the call-up.

Weird!

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Walker is vastly superior technically. He's capable of putting in a decent cross, and scored a few long range goals for Spurs. But even Spud fans will say he dives in too much, and he is nothing short of awful in the air. Micah is better defensively, and his runs behind the defence are something that Zab has only just picked up. For the all-round package, Micah is better. Not fulfilled his potential of a few years ago, though.
I agree with your post apart from one little thing - Richards contributed five assists last season and chipped in with a couple of goals. He's just as good going forward as he is defensively because of his power.

Walker may be Roy's choice of right back for the qualifiers but I remain very confident that Richards will be the man leading the role in Brazil come 2014.

Richards has not played for months, once he gets back to usual he will prove why Walker is in his shadow.

I mean come on, Walker was pretty bad for the supposed best right back in the league against San Marino, if we were playing Germany for example I would of give him some praise for attempt but he looks just another England player who can do nothing but run fast in a straight line.

Good player but not on par with Richards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.