Parking for West Brom away

There have been amendments to the parking system on match-days this year. Folk used to park around the motorway island but that has been scrapped by the council and the majority of those are now fighting to get into the side streets on the industrial estate so I would say it's best to arrive early to avoid disappointment.

I don't know if there is any parking in Snow Hill to be honest. But the tram only takes something silly like 9 minutes to get to The Hawthorns stop. If you can park somewhere in Birmingham then that will probably be your best alternative. The trams will usually be packed though on the way back heading towards Snow Hill.

Parking is a bit of ball-ache in the town two with the ongoing re-developments of the Town Centre

cleavers said:
I'd park near The Vine PH, come off the M5, right round the roundabout and over the M5 then first left first left and park on the street. It can be a bit slow getting away, but you're staight back on the M5 once you are. Ground is about 15 minutes walk either back up the street you park on, or along the tramway (Its a longer walk back because they only let you out in one direction for security reasons).

The Vine PH is good too, usually a mix of home and away fans, and does cheap but good food and drink.

This is exactly what we do, it's a bit of a walk back but worth it as you're soon back on the motorway. The Vine pub does some good grilled food too.

allan harper said:
cleavers said:
I'd park near The Vine PH, come off the M5, right round the roundabout and over the M5 then first left first left and park on the street. It can be a bit slow getting away, but you're staight back on the M5 once you are. Ground is about 15 minutes walk either back up the street you park on, or along the tramway (Its a longer walk back because they only let you out in one direction for security reasons).

The Vine PH is good too, usually a mix of home and away fans, and does cheap but good food and drink.

This is exactly what we do, it's a bit of a walk back but worth it as you're soon back on the motorway. The Vine pub does some good grilled food too.
Be aware, following trouble in March with scouse fans in the Vine PH, they now no longer allow groups of fans in on matchdays and now employ doorstaff to regulate customers.

Ding Dong said:
allan harper said:
cleavers said:

Be aware, following trouble in March with scouse fans in the Vine PH, they now no longer allow groups of fans in on matchdays and now employ doorstaff to regulate customers.
Thanks, are they still letting away fans in though ? Its always been great banter in there, being going in for years, sometimes on the way home from our home games, typical that scousers would spoil it.

cleavers said:
Ding Dong said:
allan harper said:
Thanks, are they still letting away fans in though ? Its always been great banter in there, being going in for years, sometimes on the way home from our home games, typical that scousers would spoil it.
Yeh they still allow away fans in,but not in large numbers. So if your in a group,maybe best to go in ones and twos.

sad about bindippers in vine top quality away pub, great indian food, if your in city centre or square peg snow hill or moor st. stations take you to hawthorns, myself will be up around the temple area for a beer or two or three 1

Liam_Baggies said:
The trams will usually be packed though on the way back heading towards Snow Hill.

Thanks for the info. If I get a tram back to Snow Hill is it likely that I'll get back to B'ham New Street in time for a 6.03 train?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.