Lake District

Baldyblue said:
Rascal said:
Penrith may be cheap mate.

Its a quality little town, good pubs, shopping for the missus and a couple of great butchers if you want Cumberland sausages, its right by the M6 and just 7 miles from Ullswater. It has a station to if you dont want to drive.

You can get buses from there to Kendal, Keswick and the likes because there are some quality little pubs worth visiting.

Forget Penrith, you still pay tourist rates for privilege of being 15 miles from heart of the Lakes.
Keswick is a great town, very popular with tourists as it ticks all the boxes. Cheap to expensive accommodation with restaurant to pub grub or the pie shop is outstanding. Your missus will love the Sweetie shop, has old school rhubarb custards to the Jell Belly.
If weather is too bad it has enough shops, swimming pool or pubs to keep you busy. If you are of a hardier persuasion then Lakes and good walks are all very close.
Don't forget the world famous pencil museum

andyhinch said:
Baldyblue said:
Rascal said:
Penrith may be cheap mate.

Its a quality little town, good pubs, shopping for the missus and a couple of great butchers if you want Cumberland sausages, its right by the M6 and just 7 miles from Ullswater. It has a station to if you dont want to drive.

You can get buses from there to Kendal, Keswick and the likes because there are some quality little pubs worth visiting.

Forget Penrith, you still pay tourist rates for privilege of being 15 miles from heart of the Lakes.
Keswick is a great town, very popular with tourists as it ticks all the boxes. Cheap to expensive accommodation with restaurant to pub grub or the pie shop is outstanding. Your missus will love the Sweetie shop, has old school rhubarb custards to the Jell Belly.
If weather is too bad it has enough shops, swimming pool or pubs to keep you busy. If you are of a hardier persuasion then Lakes and good walks are all very close.
Don't forget the world famous pencil museum

is it a big draw ?

Can highly recommend ‘Rooms at the Apple Pie’ right in the centre of Ambleside, ideally placed to park the car at night (in their car park) and walk to the pubs and restaurants.

We had a king size room on the first floor overlooking Bridge House, cost about £140 for two nights.

For breakfast go next door to the brilliant Apple Pie café/bakery. Try the ‘Big One’, kept me going all day.

Dodds restaurant next door to the Apple Pie café/bakery is also worth a visit.

Will definitely stay there again.

The receptionist’s tits alone were worth the money.

GPB said:
Try the ‘Big One’, kept me going all day.

i think i'd re-phrase that if i were you ...

we wouldn't want people turning up there for the wrong reasons !

GPB said:
The receptionist’s tits alone were worth the money.

Well with her pullin' the punters in , at least the pub shouldn't go bust !

veqc07.jpg

i stayed here earlier in the year with my missus.
highly recomended if your looking for somewhere cheap and cheerful. top breakfast aswell.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.aardvarkbnb.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.aardvarkbnb.co.uk/</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.