Hurricane Sandy, NYC In Path

Just read that it's category 2 storm in this moment. I'm not really hurricane expert but considering the biggest one is category 5 not sure what the all fuss about, they have similar storms all the time.

Poor Caribbean area, they don't have all this media to make a noise about and they are almost always the first on hurricane's route while they are much stronger.

glen quagmire said:
I wish i had popcorn! I'm gonna watch this unfold. Just to see if the U.S government react quicker than when Katrina hit.........

Safe hands with Obama, i dread to think what America and the world will be like when hes gone :(

Markt85 said:
glen quagmire said:
I wish i had popcorn! I'm gonna watch this unfold. Just to see if the U.S government react quicker than when Katrina hit.........

Safe hands with Obama, i dread to think what America and the world will be like when hes gone :(

lol! That's good, even for you! i'd even recommend that post for the joke thread!

wayne71 said:
mcmanus said:
ImAwesome said:
What is the obsession with America. The Hurricane has already caused mayhem in the Caribbean but no one is really bothered as long as it doesn't hit the States. It's like the elections, we are more interested in American politics than we are our own. Do you think Americans give a damn about Cameron and Miliband No they don't.

It's near constant on BBC and Sky news. Righto, I get it, there is a storm on the East coast of America but is there nowt else going on?

People have family, friends and there are lots of fellow blues over there. Maybe because we aren't subjected to these kind of weather events in the UK you don't really appreciate how many lives are at risk.

Fair do's. It's a point.

America, even though I continually take the piss out of it, is slightly competent in these type of things. They have given days of warnings for it's citizens to get themselves sorted (I know this because the BBC and Sky have told me on the hour every hour). If people in this day and age think that watching TV pictures of big waves is the best way to find out how their relatives are doing they ain't that bright.

MSP said:
Just read that it's category 2 storm in this moment. I'm not really hurricane expert but considering the biggest one is category 5 not sure what the all fuss about, they have similar storms all the time.

Poor Caribbean area, they don't have all this media to make a noise about and they are almost always the first on hurricane's route while they are much stronger.

The problem is that it causes floods in areas that are build near the water - as e.g. Manhattan is.

And the buildings in the US often are no stone buildings. The dimensions in the USA are much bigger. If you see how electric power is transfered from house to house, street to street and city to city in the USA you do not wonder why there will be problems with the electrical power in the next days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.