Joining the army

Hi,
Sorry to hijack the thread but rather than start a new one I thought I would post here.

Basically I am currently at college studying a Level 3 Diploma in IT. I am thinking of going into the ARMY using these qualifications as well as my GCSE's rather than going onto uni or into employment.

I see there are a few options that are around this kind of field;
Communication Systems Engineer, Electronics Technician.

Just wondering if anyone here is doing this? or knows of anyone in these roles?

Thanks

To the OP, if your medical condition is as you say then I would have to advise you to find another career.
Fully respect you for wanting to join what is a great career (for many), but if your medical condition can be so severe that at times you cannot tie your laces, then even if you did get through selection and basic, you could find yourself being a liability to yourself and your colleagues.
I know this isnt what you want to hear, but it is IMHO the only advice i can give.

law74 said:
To the OP, if your medical condition is as you say then I would have to advise you to find another career.
Fully respect you for wanting to join what is a great career (for many), but if your medical condition can be so severe that at times you cannot tie your laces, then even if you did get through selection and basic, you could find yourself being a liability to yourself and your colleagues.
I know this isnt what you want to hear, but it is IMHO the only advice i can give.

Totally agree with this. Having spent the last 17 years in the Army i know that stress can trigger these problems and make them even worse. Life in the forces can be a stressful job at times and it could make your problems worse. I admire you for wanting to better yourself though and think that a positive attitude, a bit of faith and plenty of determination will help get you out of your current situation and give you a long career, not just a job for 22 years.

Shoot at that car - it's a suicide bomber and he's going to drive into the base and kill half the troops in there. Did you hear me I said shoot it, shooooot.

Kaboooommmmm.

Sorry Sir, I couldn't move my finger.

kinkysleftfoot said:
glen quagmire said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
If he joined now im doubtful he would see afghanistan. By the time training is done we will almost be fully pulled out and we havent planned a war yet

I'm sure he would see some sort of strife.

Lol how many wars are planned??

Ohhh.................. Iran, Somalia to name a few.

Doesn't take a weatherman to see which way the wind blows

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.