If we had safe standing would you relocate

1.618034 said:
If they put safe standing along the bottom of the East Stand then IMO The Kippax would be reborn... I'd be there in a heartbeat!

We need to get the club to join Villa and Sunderland in supporting this...
This is what I want too. Safe Standing on Level 1 in the East Stand plus South Stand both away and home section. That is currently, I reckon, about 11000 seats. You get about 33% increase in capacity in a given area when it's converted to Safe Standing from plastic seating/unsafe standing. So you're talking about making that 11000 approximately 14500. Without making any structural changes to the stadium, you'd increase the capacity to over 50000. City could even slightly reduce the cost of seasoncards and matchday tickets in these areas and still make more money than they currently do. So even before any third tiers are added to the ends of our stadium, we'd already be better off and many fans would be much happier.

Yes but the real thing is is that we should have the choice if we want to stand or sit. I know the club are being a abit relaxed about us standing at the minute but it should be official.

there would be no more trouble with 109 thats for sure

Caveman said:
1.618034 said:
If they put safe standing along the bottom of the East Stand then IMO The Kippax would be reborn... I'd be there in a heartbeat!

This is what I want too. Safe Standing on Level 1 in the East Stand plus South Stand both away and home section. That is currently, I reckon, about 11000 seats. You get about 33% increase in capacity in a given area when it's converted to Safe Standing from plastic seating/unsafe standing. So you're talking about making that 11000 approximately 14500. Without making any structural changes to the stadium, you'd increase the capacity to over 50000. City could even slightly reduce the cost of seasoncards and matchday tickets in these areas and still make more money than they currently do. So even before any third tiers are added to the ends of our stadium, we'd already be better off and many fans would be much happier.

That is totally unreasonable to have Eaststand level 1 standing not everybody wants to stand at a football match where would the fans in East level one go if they wanted to sit. You could only do it it the southstand

grim up north said:
Caveman said:
1.618034 said:

That is totally unreasonable to have Eaststand level 1 standing not everybody wants to stand at a football match where would the fans in East level one go if they wanted to sit. You could only do it it the southstand

I agree, it would be nice to have a kippax but it would be best having standing behind the goal.

Manchestercitychorlton said:
1.618034 said:

The first tier of the East stand has almost half the rows the Kippax had on its first tier though and long, short stands often reduce the atmosphere ie. the away end at Molineux.

12978458_a19d3d7b7e.jpg

etihad%20stadium%2011.jpg

For future reference, when I mention "The Kippax" I don't mean THAT one!

I mean the proper one.

And there'd be a big difference in atmosphere between an all seated lower tier and a safe standing one. It'll never happen but we can but dream.

If it was installed ONLY in the SS lower I wouldn't complain...

The thing is, that currently no one "sits" in the SS lower anyway so safe standing would make it safer and increase the capacity of that area by up to 80%...

What's not to like?

They'd HAVE to increase the number of bars/pumps behind there though, or there'd be riots!

grim up north said:
Caveman said:
1.618034 said:

The South Stand is far too small to have just that area as Safe Standing. Judging by the amount we've taken to Blackburn over the years (7000 always all stood up), to United in the FL Cup the other year (9000 all stood up) and to Wembley (must have been 15000+ stood up); the South Stand's 1800 seats for home fans converted to about 2400 Safe Standing spaces would be a pitiful joke.

No. For a start, I like to be able to sit down (especially at HalfTime), and I also like my seat.

Although if they made Fold-Down chairs and moved it to nearer the HW line, I may consider it

Caveman said:
grim up north said:
Caveman said:

The South Stand is far too small to have just that area as Safe Standing. Judging by the amount we've taken to Blackburn over the years (7000 always all stood up), to United in the FL Cup the other year (9000 all stood up) and to Wembley (must have been 15000+ stood up); the South Stand's 1800 seats for home fans converted to about 2400 Safe Standing spaces would be a pitiful joke.
As someone who was at all the games mentioned I think you're not accurate in your assessment
Yes there were 7000 stood up at blackburn, but not all by choice. If someone stands up in front of you, you can see fuck all if you don't stand up too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.