Pablo Zabaleta - The Ironman

Dirty Harry said:
I'm paraphrasing but wasn't it Bacon who stated that for a championship winning side he looks to have 2-3 'superstars' or players who are capable of changing games with skill, the rest are made up of good, solid hardworking pro's ? I think he knows one or two things about building a championship winning side :-)
And then Barcelona arrived

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Dirty Harry said:
I'm paraphrasing but wasn't it Bacon who stated that for a championship winning side he looks to have 2-3 'superstars' or players who are capable of changing games with skill, the rest are made up of good, solid hardworking pro's ? I think he knows one or two things about building a championship winning side :-)

And thank fuck for that :-)

The guy is a warrior and a hero not to mention a fantastic fullback!

His over-lapping runs are exceptional and even rat boy Neville said he's the best right back in the country, it's not often i agree with him but this time it's a no-brainer!

LOVE ZABBA!!!

Dirty Harry said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Dirty Harry said:

I would just like to mention I do love Zab I just dont see him as a midfielder really

BoyBlue_1985 said:
quiet_riot said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
I know what you and Harry are saying I just dont think drive and determination are enough for central midfield. He is a great player no doubt but I feel he would get lost in Midfield. I wouldn't hesitate at putting him in the center of defense or even the right wing with Maicon but the middle of the park may be just a bit too much with his abilities. Then again I might be wrong

Look at players like Fletcher though. Not the most technical, but decent enough, and gives 100%. Having flair players is great,but they need backing up.

I agree but we already have Barry and Milner and Yaya. Milner is full of drive and heart as is Barry. Zab offers no more than them its sort of just making a place fro him in case Micah takes his place because we like him, like I said though Micah is in no way going to walk back in to the team

I would put Zab in instead of Nasri and push Yaya further up. That would give 'holders' of Barry/Zab/Milner (2 of) and Yaya further up.
Although that makes us even narrower.

Fuck, glad I'm not the manager!

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Dirty Harry said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

I would just like to mention I do love Zab I just dont see him as a midfielder really

There's isn't anything you can't love about him though is there mate ;-)

But in all seriousness you just need to be a bit more open-minded, I'm not saying he should be a regular starter in a midfield position right now, but when we look at how he was when he first arrived to the player he's evolved into, the change is unbelievable and if anything, it shows a willingness to learn and adapt on his behalf and no doubt an attitude that stems from him being totally focused, a winner and a 'team man', it's these traits which I think would see him adapt his game again and take it another level, and also help him appreciate a midfielders role when he starts as fullback again.

I think Zabaleta is perfect for midfield enforcer role. If we compare him to De Jong, he is faster, and has more skill going forward, and doesn't lack anything in tackling department. Look at Mascerano, I honestly think Zab is a better player and combines well with Silva, Tevez, Aguero.
I would even go as far as to consider him for captain. Kompany has faltered slightly this season and maybe removing captaincy could help him refocus. Zab has very good english and spanish, so can communicate with all players and comes across well on camera.
We are already well covered on right side (especially when Richards returns) and I think it is worth giving Zab a try in the middle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.