World without end.(CH4 Sat)

scotty123

Seen loads of trailers for this lately, any Medieval warfare buffs (like me) this looks a must see series with lots of battle scenes including the Battle of Crecy which was a real bloodbath...lovely

Just had a quick look on Wikipdeia, looks like it could be quite good.

There is also a earlier miniseries that World Without End is a follow up to, The Pillars of the Earth. May have to download it and give it a try.

I imagine Game of Thrones shits all over it tho.

Timmmmahhhh said:
Just had a quick look on Wikipdeia, looks like it could be quite good.

There is also a earlier miniseries that World Without End is a follow up to, The Pillars of the Earth. May have to download it and give it a try.

I imagine Game of Thrones shits all over it tho.
Never seen Pillars of the Earth so like you have to give it a try as well, gonna have a look on Wiki now, cheers

Having read both the above books I can thoroughly recommend Ken Follett's historical work. As a student of historical architecture his depictions and analysis of building work in the middle ages are well researched and the stories he weaves are compelling. The way he paints corruption, religion and political aspirations in this period, as well as the grim realities faced by ordinary people, make the plot continually intriguing. I would recommend these books to fans of historical fiction, although the TV series was also pretty good and well worth a watch (if a little bit Hollywood!)

I loved pillars of the earth (the book), but could not get into the tv series.

So world without end is also a ken follett book? may have to read it when I can find the time

Pillars of the Earth was more than decent but not a patch on Game of Thrones. I would imagine this new one will be well worth a flick of the Sky + Button.

roaminblue said:

So world without end is also a ken follett book? may have to read it when I can find the time

Yep its a sequel, set in Kingsbridge but 150 or so years later. It centres around the rebuilding of the cathedral after a collapse, the hundred years war and the black death.

Blueinthesouth said:
roaminblue said:

Yep its a sequel, set in Kingsbridge but 150 or so years later. It centres around the rebuilding of the cathedral after a collapse, the hundred years war and the black death.

excellent, I'll look it up.

have you read "a dangerous fortune". I kept starting it, and have never gotten past the first few chapters. If so, worth persevering?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.