Ireland Isn't superman anymore.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
bluemoon risin' said:
When i see Ireland playing for Villa, it seems like he's lazing around uninterested. He has still got great skills when he wants but i think he should be trying much harder.

Pretty much his whole city career in a nutshell!!!

he hasnt got the intelligence to think about wanting to be a better player

Sometimes it amazes me how can people change their mind. He was one of our best players. He was joy to watch when playing at his peak. Yet many of you cant help but call him names? Why? What has he done? Not everyone lives up to their potential. Do you all work as hard at work as you possibly can? Why should he be any different when us? I for once will remember him running the show, tackling passing .... basically not far off from a real superman.

Think he is one of their better players, although i appreciate that may not be a huge compliment.

Still my perception is he has not really fulfilled his potential.

Was excited when he signed for us on loan but he was massive underwhelming for us.

I am hopeful that he will fulfil his potential. He needs the right club and the right manager but he could very easily be contending for player of the season (i.e. like Michu this season or Parker a few back). He'll be someone's Benarbia I think. I just hope for his sake that he gets there sooner rather than later.

Last night I watched him for a while and it seemed to me that half the Villa team were working against him by not being on the same wavelenght. I'm not sure if it's the players fault (including Ireland) or the managers though.

Like I said he needs the right club and manager. Maybe going foreign might suit him too.

He serverd us vey well so I hope better times are ahead for him.

actually when you watch him you can tell he is still class, getting him to produce it is another matter. the new manager may have more luck with him.

DaveRave18 said:
Sometimes it amazes me how can people change their mind. He was one of our best players. He was joy to watch when playing at his peak. Yet many of you cant help but call him names? Why? What has he done? Not everyone lives up to their potential. Do you all work as hard at work as you possibly can? Why should he be any different when us? I for once will remember him running the show, tackling passing .... basically not far off from a real superman.
He was a decent player in a shite team and then a good player for 4 months in a decent team. That pretty much sums him up he was good for 4 months of his City career, which really means he has been a good player for 4 months of his entire career. I dont hate him or wish him anything but happiness but I also know what I see when I watch him play

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.