Whelan escapes FA action.

cleavers said:
paulchapo said:
MCFC BOB said:
I think the rule should be changed anyway.

As LoveCity rightly pointed out; if Whelan was banned for three games it would not benefit us in any way whatsoever, even though he made the offence against us.

Why not make it so that any retrospective ban results in the particular player missing future games versus the team against which he committed the offence?

How about a 3 game ban and the next time they play us Stoke play without the toerag for the time that was left from when he SHOULD have been sent off?
To be honest I'd sooner he had to play against us, that weakens sJoke even more :)

I was thinking the same :-)

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I want to bring a slight bit of balance to proceedings. I was a corporate guest on Saturday and Whelan was voted man of the match and when he accepted his prize he made a bit of a speech and said a lot of complimentary things about his time at City and the backroom staff there.

Not defending his challenge, mind, which was shocking.

He should have apologised for the challenge while he was at it the little prick!Whelan MOM????Fuck me was it a Stoke only vote?? Garcia is lucky he isn't in plaster now and sitting out the rest of the season at LEAST!

cleavers said:
I was a corporate guest on Saturday and Whelan was voted man of the match
FFS, if that's true football is f**ked.
This is Stoke we're talking about. They're not exactly known for being football purists. Every Stoke fan I know revels in their agricultural style - at least to my face.

cleavers said:

How many time have you seen it at City though,Cleavers ? I honestly wonder if anyone from the corporates has ever been to a match before when I hear sometimes who they`ve given it to.

MCFC BOB said:
I think the rule should be changed anyway.

As LoveCity rightly pointed out; if Whelan was banned for three games it would not benefit us in any way whatsoever, even though he made the offence against us.

Why not make it so that any retrospective ban results in the particular player missing future games versus the team against which he committed the offence?

It's an absolute disgrace this decision which ever way you look at it!! I totally disagree with the argument that it doesn't benefit us!! Lets say this challenge was from Van Persie against us and was missed! If he was to receive retrospective punishment and a 3 game ban, although he would not miss games against us it would no doubt weaken his team in 3 upcoming games which would be an indirect benefit!!

Again though, this is not the point!! The FA surely should be there as an independent body showing CONSISTENCY in all decisions made whether it be for or against us!! They really are making lots of true fans (including myself) fall out of love with the game!!

paulchapo said:
He should have apologised for the challenge while he was at it the little prick!Whelan MOM????Fuck me was it a Stoke only vote?? Garcia is lucky he isn't in plaster now and sitting out the rest of the season at LEAST!
Of course it was a Stoke only vote. It's the same everywhere. The home fans pick their MOTM. TBF some of the ones we picked under Pearce we're equally laughable.

oakiecokie said:
cleavers said:

How many time have you seen it at City though,Cleavers ? I honestly wonder if anyone from the corporates has ever been to a match before when I hear sometimes who they`ve given it to.
Most weeks to be fair, I often wonder how they get selected, usually a goal seals it, obviously in whelans case, it was the shit ist tackle that won the vote.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.