Paul Dickov

tolmie's hairdoo said:
mancityvstoke said:
uwerosler28 said:
is viewed as a legend by blues but the penalty he scored for Leicester could easily have sent us down that year did he do a Dennis law ? no he goes mental and jumps into their fans celebrating anyone who had genuine feelings for us would not react like that ! tosser !

kissing his badge too...

Dickov's dad had just died and was his first game back.

Was getting stick from some so-called City fans and decided to take exception to him playing like a man possessed.

City to the core.

We were singing ONE PAUL DICKOV initially.

I didnt give him any stick. I dont recall anyone giving him any either until that moment.

Many sang FUCK OFF DICKOV at that point....there was no need for the badge kissing.

so called City fans?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
mancityvstoke said:
uwerosler28 said:
is viewed as a legend by blues but the penalty he scored for Leicester could easily have sent us down that year did he do a Dennis law ? no he goes mental and jumps into their fans celebrating anyone who had genuine feelings for us would not react like that ! tosser !

kissing his badge too...

Was getting stick from some so-called City fans and decided to take exception to him playing like a man possessed.

City to the core.
if my dad died it wouldn't make me happy at potential sending the club I supposedly support down and how exactly does a Scot who's first English team was arsenal be a blue to the core I'm sure he supported a team growing up and I guarantee it wasn't us and anyone who can change teams they support can't feel the passion of a true fan

I can forget and forgive a moment of indiscretion at Leicester, he may not have been the most gifted of players or even the best, but he deserves a place in our history for that goal alone and the iconic (to us anyway) celebration.

Are some of us just being miserable and cantankerous for the sake of it?

Ducado said:
I can forget and forgive a moment of indiscretion at Leicester, he may not have been the most gifted of players or even the best, but he deserves a place in our history for that goal alone and the iconic (to us anyway) celebration.

Are some of us just being miserable and cantankerous for the sake of it?

It was a home game.

I think most of us are recognising what he did and he may well be blue but some of us just remember the badge kissing and how shit it made us feel.

Forgiven...............One Paul Dickov etc etc

mancityvstoke said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
mancityvstoke said:
kissing his badge too...

City to the core.

We were singing ONE PAUL DICKOV initially.

I didnt give him any stick. I dont recall anyone giving him any either until that moment.

Many sang FUCK OFF DICKOV at that point....there was no need for the badge kissing.

so called City fans?

I didn't know about his father, football is insignificant at a time of grief, nor did I see anyone giving him stick but if they did then I can understand his reaction if that's the case. On reflection I think that I would have done the same in his boots.

Blues should have known that whatever shirt he was wearing he would work like a man possessed for it, that's his nature but most of us just saw was the badge kissing and it grated.

I was in France for the World Cup just after he had signed and was talking to some gooners who insisted that he would give 100% for us or any shirt he wore and were sad to see him go.

mancityvstoke said:
I think most of us are recognising what he did and he may well be blue but some of us just remember the badge kissing and how shit it made us feel.
It pissed me off at the time, and he got a long list of expletives from me, but the game ended, and I moved on, and I would much rather remember him for the goal that saved our club (with many other contributions over49 games). Today I'm delighted his team knocked out the team with most "iistry" ever, and I'm pretty sure one of his best football moments will remain "that" goal, much as it will for Aguero, no matter who's badge he kisses in the future.

My mate (massive latics fan) got married last year and his wife (city fan) got him a card for him to open on the morning of their big day from latics. She managed to get it signed by all the players and staff including dickov. On the back page though he signed it again with "CTID" before his name! My mate was well excited until I told him what it meant!!

He loves city and always will!!

I was at the game and i think he did get a bit of stick near the end for flying into a few tackles and trying so hard when we were fighting relegation,but that is the nature of the man.Once he puts the shirt on he will die for whatever shirt he is wearing,he is a pro.The celebration was out of order though and i am sure he regretted it pretty much afterwards.

It has been reported many times he loves the club and the fans and his kids were junior blues or whatever they call them these days.For those who say he was crap,don't forget we had no money and we were shopping in the bargain basement at the time.Aside from the Goat,nobody scored a lot of goals for us.He gave everything for the cause and like Joe Royle said,''He would chase waste paper.''

Aside from the Gillingham goal it was his harrying at Blackburn panicked their defence and led to the own goal to put us 2-1 up and he also scored the third himself.He will always have a special place in a lot of Blue's hearts and memories,mine included.

The guy is a City legend, end of discussion. Stop arguing and moaning like a bunch of pricks, guess it's expected on here though eh? 'Oh he kissed another clubs badge once' - who gives a shit? We should all know what Manchester City meant to Paul Dickov and if you don't know... Well you should, he gave everything he had for us in some of our darkest times and that's enough for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.