The official EDS and academy thread 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
suarez needs to up his game if he want's to make a championship winning team, at his current level he just is not ready where not going to bench international player like milner , nasri and silva just to give him game time.
lets not forget this is a player who struggled to secure a starting spot in Spain's European under 19 championship team an was behind player like suso , Gerard Deulofeu and Óliver Torres, if he wants a chance he has to earn it by lighting the under 21 league on fire and he hasn't done that pozo and lopes have actually been more impressive. he still has a lot of work to do to become a first team player at this club and he needs to realize this put in the work and be patient, look at players like Ryan Bertrand, Pedro, Sergio Busquets, Welbeck and Cleverley they all had to be patient an wait for there opportunity . if he's not happy with his situation he should ask for a loan move .

Anyone else notice how many EDS and academy kids practiced with the first team this week, re: Inside City 62? A ton. Think I saw Pozo to go with Evans, Suarez, Ntcham. Can't even recall if I saw Rekik. Surely I did. Others I'm forgetting? Tells me the two with the best week get bench spots tomorrow.

youcallhimdaver said:
Anyone else notice how many EDS and academy kids practiced with the first team this week, re: Inside City 62? A ton. Think I saw Pozo to go with Evans, Suarez, Ntcham. Can't even recall if I saw Rekik. Surely I did. Others I'm forgetting? Tells me the two with the best week get bench spots tomorrow.

It was international week with 11 of our players away, they were there to make the likes of Barry, Yaya, Nasri and the rest of the non internationals have a decent session.

bobbyowenquiff said:
To be honest Suarez is not that good. If he was he would be pushing for the first team. At 19 Micah, Sturridge, SWP, Johnson, David White, Paul Lake, Onouha, even Joey Barton, all looked like stars. We have got a good crop of youngsters coming through at under 16...until then I haven't got great hopes for any of our EDS players. I think it will take another five years or so before we see real progress.
You can't say that. The first team's different now. Any youngster would find it hard to compare themselves with say, Micah and Zaba, or even Maicon.

But tbh, we should start giving more chances to our youngsters. Just occasionally stuffing them in the Cup games isn't enough a motivation.

LoveCity said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
Grieffymcfcctid said:
saying suarez is not good enough is wrong ? we havent give him a bloody chance! and dont say 1 or 2 games in a cup game is a chance with fringe players playing along side him! the thing that worrys me is that i dont think we will ever give youth players a 'good' chance anymore.

I think it's fair to suggest his performances in the EDS/21's have not indicated he has what it takes to make it at first team level if that's the opinion off those who have seen him regularly...isn't it.

Maybe the only real test is to do it at the full level but usually players that have what it takes really shine at the lover level.

Some players lose the motivation and need to be given senior games at their club or elsewhere on loan to progress. Pogba for Juventus for example looks like a world class midfield prospect whereas at United fans were saying he was stagnating and looked bored, and Ferguson wouldn't give him a chance. Pozo and Lopes who have been mentioned have been lighting it up, but if they are still in the reserve team when they are 19 will they continue progressing or lose motivation at the lack of chances? The only real way to judge Suarez I think is to give him a year on loan somewhere competitive.
exactly, even if they dont look first team players, you should still give them a go, suarez is supposed to be one of our best academy players and hes not even getting a look yet, jack wilshere got given a chance for arsenal and look how he as progressed . If not first team then we should send him out on loan, same with rekik, lopes.<br /><br />-- Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:44 am --<br /><br />
ell said:
Grieffymcfcctid said:
saying suarez is not good enough is wrong ? we havent give him a bloody chance! and dont say 1 or 2 games in a cup game is a chance with fringe players playing along side him! the thing that worrys me is that i dont think we will ever give youth players a 'good' chance anymore.
To be honest as much as it is great to see young players come through, I really really dont want to become an Arsenal.

You cant say we dont give youth a chance when a 17year old has just set the record for youngest scorer
yeah he played like a few minutes, i mean like at least half a game in the league, if there not good enough for our first team yet then they NEED to go out on loan to improve, they wont get any better playing reserve team football. I dont want to end up like arsenal too, but i just love giving youth players chances, i know were not the team we were a few years ago, were we could afford to give them chances haha

Grieffymcfcctid said:
LoveCity said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
I think it's fair to suggest his performances in the EDS/21's have not indicated he has what it takes to make it at first team level if that's the opinion off those who have seen him regularly...isn't it.

Maybe the only real test is to do it at the full level but usually players that have what it takes really shine at the lover level.

Some players lose the motivation and need to be given senior games at their club or elsewhere on loan to progress. Pogba for Juventus for example looks like a world class midfield prospect whereas at United fans were saying he was stagnating and looked bored, and Ferguson wouldn't give him a chance. Pozo and Lopes who have been mentioned have been lighting it up, but if they are still in the reserve team when they are 19 will they continue progressing or lose motivation at the lack of chances? The only real way to judge Suarez I think is to give him a year on loan somewhere competitive.
exactly, even if they dont look first team players, you should still give them a go, suarez is supposed to be one of our best academy players and hes not even getting a look yet, jack wilshere got given a chance for arsenal and look how he as progressed . If not first team then we should send him out on loan, same with rekik, lopes.

Lopes is still too young but with Rekik it has been a bit of a wasted year for him. He was injured until late October which was a shame but this year he should have gone out on loan and got 30-40 games at Championship level. Then next season at Premier League and then the season after that we've got a 20 year old with 70 first team experience and if he does ok then we have saved money on a 3rd/4th defender.<br /><br />-- Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:49 pm --<br /><br />U18 team v Villa.

Lawlor, El Fitouri, Oseni, Adarabioyo, Marin, Jones, Horsefield, Ntcham, Barker, Btyqi, McHale

Subs: Intima, Albinson, Hardy, Tattum, Nuttall.

Young team again, surprised to see Ntcham in there.

What the feck

@MCFC
GOAL. City U18s find themselves 3-0 down to Villa after half an hour<br /><br />-- Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:39 pm --<br /><br />This is an embarassment, who is in charge of our under 18s?

33 mins Goal!!! MCFC 0-4 #AVFC

xzbit04 said:
What the feck

@MCFC
GOAL. City U18s find themselves 3-0 down to Villa after half an hour

-- Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:39 pm --

This is an embarassment, who is in charge of our under 18s?

Only 1 of that side would get in our strongest U18 side. Its a young side.

WNRH said:
xzbit04 said:
What the feck

@MCFC

I am more interested now in the under 16's side who seem to be faring much better this season.They will probably be more of a true age group team than the 18's

Nelly's Left Foot said:
WNRH said:
xzbit04 said:
What the feck

@MCFC

I am more interested now in the under 16's side who seem to be faring much better this season.They will probably be more of a true age group team than the 18's

Academies like to work in cycles, you will get a good group one year and the next you'll get an average year.

This years second year scholars are a good group but they are playing above their age which leaves a weaker U18 this year.

Like you said the U16's should fair better next year though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.