If we win FA cup would you keep Mancini?

I'd ditch him whatever happens from now until the end of the season. I don't want to be sitting here this time next year discussing other teams as they play out the knockout rounds of the Champions League without us.

And regrettably I think I will be if Mancini stays.

This is definately time to get behind the manager and see where it takes us.
Bobby Manc would be the first to accept this hasnt been the best of seasons and mistakes have been made.
However, I think the players have to take some of the responsibility instead of always blaming the boss.
If we finish second and win the cup, the season wont be a total washout.
Whether that happens or not, I still think we should stick with him for now.
I keep hearing names of perspective replacement managers but in truth there arent that many suitable and available candidates at the minute and when we replace Mancini we have to expect the new man to be a round at least three seasons. We cant keep changing just because we dont win anything.
Having said all that, even I accept we have to make some sort of progress in Europe and if we are in the same situation this time next year, I dont expect Bobby still to be with us.

Joey_Bluehart said:
I'd ditch him whatever happens from now until the end of the season. I don't want to be sitting here this time next year discussing other teams as they play out the knockout rounds of the Champions League without us.

Even though I am not Mancini's biggest fan he should at least be given until the end of this season, and then it is down to the people who are in charge whether he will stay.

I'm no cynic said:
This thread has got very heated and it's time to cool down and think clearly.

If a better manager than Mancini becomes available, then that manager will be recruited in the same way that better players [in theory] will be recruited in a bid to take the club forward. And that's the problem. IN THEORY.

I can remember the situation in the early 1970s when City were one of the game's dominant forces under the management duo of Joe and 'Big' Mal. Joe, the older guy with the cool head, and his colourful and eccentric sidekick Mal who probably had more input than most other club's number two's. It was a winning combination but Mal wanted more control and the new boardroom recruit, Peter Swales [ironically taken on board as a 'peacemaker'] found a way of getting rid of Joe, with Mal acquiring full control. That was a decision that split the fans, but with the benefit of hindsight, it was the beginning of the end and the club went on it's downward spiral. It was a slow movement at first and we still managed three Wembley appearances within a decade of this move, but the decline accelerated after that.

The way City went after Joe's removal was one of constant management upheaval, and when I read some of the posts on this thread, I can only assume they come from people who were neither born or were too young to have been following City in those troubled days.

The last thing City need to do is to ditch a manager with a successful record in the hope that we can, somehow, find perfection in someone else. We won't find perfection because perfection in this game does not exist.

Top post and my thoughts as well, fans thinking we are at the top table and a force now and want a change because this utopia manager out there is going to come along and win the double every year and throw in a champions league as well! That world is not a reality the reality is we have a PROVEN manager now, who all be it not perfect but what manger is....

Absolutely. As long as the trophies keep coming in and we keep the mentality we'll be in with a shot year after year with Bobby.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
What no-one on here can argue with is the facts. Mancini's record ar Inter is hardly bad and he's brought home the bacon here. Mourinho did well at Chelsea from a much better starting position, but at Inter his record in his first 11 CL matches was won one... Hiddink is a good manager, but neither i nor anyone else knpws what he would have done at City. Mancini came and did it. Apparently Mourinho is on his way out at Madrid, having won one title, but "losing" it again and not yey having delivered the CL. He didn't win the CL at Chelsea.

Those who go on about Ferguson and Wenger really want their bumps examining. Ferguson has been in situ at the swamp since October 1986 and Wenger arrived at Highbury in 1997. So, exactly when do you want to judge them? Let's start with slur. Between 1986 and 1993 he spent twice as much as Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton and Spurs (the next four biggest spenders) put together on players. And he won one FA cup. He won the CL at his sixth attempt. He has won it once more in the 14 years since. Mancini has a fair way to go before we compare him adversely to Ferguson.

Wenger inherited a strong team which had won the FA and League cups in 1993 and the Cup Winners cup in 1994 when it had finished fourth in the league but George graham was then sacked and disgraced and the club performed poorly under Rioch finishing twelfth. This was despite massive investment inthe playing squad made possible by shareholder investment. This investment continued after Wenger's arrival and enabled him to bring in "big names" from the continent. Wenger has never had to take a team from City's lowly position to trophies. His record is impressive but he has not built a trophy winning team since 2005, and his indebtedness to hiss predecessor for the trophies he did win (in particular his back four) must be borne in mind.

Mancini is well on course with City and it will be interesting to see what he can achieve with the length of tenure and support given to Ferguson and Wenger.

Excellent post and criminally overlooked in amongst the froth and the name calling.

Fulop's Reflex said:
Practically speaking, it's the owner's decision.
I am just asking your opinions

For me it's important that we keep him. He is very important manager.
I wish you would all FUCK OFF. Mancini is going nowhere.There is no talk from the club about him going. Its all bollocks from the rag press. Wishfull thinking.They are shit scared of Mancini,pissed off with the way the club is developing into a team that will dominate english football for a long time to come. The rags are killing themselves to finish above us, great determination in fergusons last year or so. Got to be expected. When hes gone watch them slide.

strongbowholic said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
What no-one on here can argue with is the facts. Mancini's record ar Inter is hardly bad and he's brought home the bacon here. Mourinho did well at Chelsea from a much better starting position, but at Inter his record in his first 11 CL matches was won one... Hiddink is a good manager, but neither i nor anyone else knpws what he would have done at City. Mancini came and did it. Apparently Mourinho is on his way out at Madrid, having won one title, but "losing" it again and not yey having delivered the CL. He didn't win the CL at Chelsea.

Those who go on about Ferguson and Wenger really want their bumps examining. Ferguson has been in situ at the swamp since October 1986 and Wenger arrived at Highbury in 1997. So, exactly when do you want to judge them? Let's start with slur. Between 1986 and 1993 he spent twice as much as Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton and Spurs (the next four biggest spenders) put together on players. And he won one FA cup. He won the CL at his sixth attempt. He has won it once more in the 14 years since. Mancini has a fair way to go before we compare him adversely to Ferguson.

Wenger inherited a strong team which had won the FA and League cups in 1993 and the Cup Winners cup in 1994 when it had finished fourth in the league but George graham was then sacked and disgraced and the club performed poorly under Rioch finishing twelfth. This was despite massive investment inthe playing squad made possible by shareholder investment. This investment continued after Wenger's arrival and enabled him to bring in "big names" from the continent. Wenger has never had to take a team from City's lowly position to trophies. His record is impressive but he has not built a trophy winning team since 2005, and his indebtedness to hiss predecessor for the trophies he did win (in particular his back four) must be borne in mind.

Mancini is well on course with City and it will be interesting to see what he can achieve with the length of tenure and support given to Ferguson and Wenger.

Excellent post and criminally overlooked in amongst the froth and the name calling.
He does put some good points across but most of the time, as you say, they're lost in the mire.

When you compare the stats between the 3 it's quite understandable that people say that Wenger and Ferguson are better managers but if you take them on equal measure, ie. a set time period such as Ferguson's or Wenger's first 12 years in management (Mancini's period) then he compares very favourably. Even their first few years in the English top flight Mancini's achievements are still very competitive.

Comparing similar periods don't give the full story of course but at least they can be compared in equal measure. Saying that Ferguson, Wenger or even Mourinho are better over their full time in management can be a little disingenious in my book as other managers who haven't had the same time will always be looked down on, regardless of potential.

Ray78 said:
Joey_Bluehart said:

Even though I am not Mancini's biggest fan he should at least be given until the end of this season, and then it is down to the people who are in charge whether he will stay.
Yes until the end of the season is fair. Don't think he should stay longer than that, it's clear things need freshening up and that includes his removal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.