Where is it going wrong?

In my opinion you can't judge the success of a youth team on how many trophies they win. They should be judged by how many first team standard players they produce. If the youth teams are getting knocked out of competitions but still producing the odd player here and there then I think we should call them a success! Only time will tell...

Still early days in our academy restructure,we've brought in alot of young talent that are flitting between the EDS and youth teams,i would say we are more a team of individuals presently.

A couple more seasons and i believe we will see the benefits,our academy should be the envy of the league.

Besides,that was the fifth round last night,not the first........ So slightly OTT thread anyway.

Re:

urbanblue67 said:
Akira said:
The Doctor said:
EDS Team struggling
Youth Team dumped out of the FA Youth Cup
We seem to be going backwards
Only a couple of seasons ago teams good not get near to our youth team so what's gone wrong?
Who is coming through?

Your grammar, that's where it's going wrong.
!!!!!!! hey!! what the hell as that got to do with it , why dont you just go teach english grammer somewhere else you f@!@a!!t@!t
Fantastic.

My understanding is that the team that played in the Youth Cup last night was a very young one.

Is this true or did I read it wrong?

And as someone has already said, the most important aim of the Academy is not winning trophies, but bringing through individuals of good enough quality to become first-team regulars.

Apart from the greedy bastard now at LOLerpool, how many of that last YC winning team played for the first team on a regular basis?

Not many.

As I understood it, virtually all our junior teams are playing above their age level.
Is this still correct?

sboroMCFC said:
In my opinion you can't judge the success of a youth team on how many trophies they win. They should be judged by how many first team standard players they produce. If the youth teams are getting knocked out of competitions but still producing the odd player here and there then I think we should call them a success! Only time will tell...
With you on that fella
It's not about today
Not just now anyway

I think the philosophy of playing good football is the problem we are not doing so well, sometimes you need players who can really push the team on and hates to lose any game!

levets said:
As I understood it, virtually all our junior teams are playing above their age level.
Is this still correct?

Usually from U15 upwards the lads play up a level if good enough. However this applies at most other academy's too so it tends to even itself out.

Re: Re:

GaudinoMotors said:
urbanblue67 said:
Akira said:
Your grammar, that's where it's going wrong.
!!!!!!! hey!! what the hell as that got to do with it , why dont you just go teach english grammer somewhere else you f@!@a!!t@!t

Exchanges like these are why I love Bluemoon.

I lol'd as well

Yes, we should be winning everything, just as we have done for the past 50 odd years, including the Six nations and the boat race

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.