Another coup for the boys in blue.

in no way is OB a city fan, hes a big dirty red and has never been shy of saying so. he taught at my college when i was there for two years, he was always off doing something or other in another country for something or other so im not surprised hes moved away. good coach OB, its a shame i could never give him shtick about the title win in may.

I can confirm Chris is not a blue at all, he's a red. We grew-up together & he's one of my best mates & one of the most genuine people you'll likely meet. His only connection to us, up until this, was a mention in Lakey's book (the Smiths cup final for school).

He's been in football in one way or another since leaving school & joining Bolton on a YTS & I know was highly regarded at United. I had no idea about this until I read it here as I haven't seen Chris since he went over to Mumbai. I do hope this is true so I can rip the shit out of him for all the grief he used to give me when we were kids :-)

C O'B used to oversee some coaches who trained my daughter. He is a big red and couldn't give two shits about City. And in my opinion he was also in charge of some shit coaches and couldn't take any criticism of their methods which mainly consisted of starting the session late and then texting their mates!

fbloke said:
A few conversations later and it seems that the partnership between City and Nike in the development of the City Academy 'project' will be the biggest yet seen in any sport.

I am genuinely excited by this as there are some suggestions that MCAFC coud be tying into MLS coaching and colleges which would be a tremendous thing if it were to happen.
so once nike are onboard do you think it will be a snowball effect with many other big company's wanting a piece of city?

Danamy said:
fbloke said:
A few conversations later and it seems that the partnership between City and Nike in the development of the City Academy 'project' will be the biggest yet seen in any sport.

I am genuinely excited by this as there are some suggestions that MCAFC coud be tying into MLS coaching and colleges which would be a tremendous thing if it were to happen.

Why do you think we based ourselves at Nike Headquarters Campus in Portland for pre-season a few years ago? ;-)

The seed was sown.............

And why I wonder did Garry Cook last as log as he did ;-)<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:05 pm --<br /><br />
citysix said:
fbloke said:

so once nike are onboard do you think it will be a snowball effect with many other big company's wanting a piece of city?

Absolutely, and although we may well shed a tear or two about the old City (ickle old City even?) disappearing we have to revel in the fact that City are about to go very much more global.

great news fbloke..i remember gary cook saying before a europa game just after the takeover that the owners wanted us to becomeone of the biggest and best club in the world!! at the time i laughed,its looking like we're heading in the right direction...

citysix said:
great news fbloke..i remember gary cook saying before a europa game just after the takeover that the owners wanted us to becomeone of the biggest and best club in the world!! at the time i laughed,its looking like we're heading in the right direction...

We have the orchestra,just need the right conductor now.

FantasyIreland said:
citysix said:

We have the orchestra,just need the right conductor now.

wrong thread it's not about that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.