Everton Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

zark said:
considering the performance today

0-0 qpr
2-2 pool
3-1 saints

i would be ASTOUNDED if mancini is still in the job on monday

i like mancini but the players clearly are not up for the job, he cant get a shift out of the weaker ones and the rest are just giving up.

the cup run is deceiving as the standard of opposition has flattered us.

sad but there you go.
today -- again -- on the pitch we were pathetic and its a re-currance

fuc* off RAG

samharris said:
ban-mcfc said:
i essentially paid £55 including travel to add another ticket to my memorabilia collection.

what a waste of fucking time.

dzeko, kolarov, barry want to take a long hard look at themselves because the rest were poor but those three were shocking.

Did you really think we'd get sommat away to Everton in their cup final ??

thought we'd break the curse :(

i'm also going to old trafford but think we'll get beat.

tonea2003 said:
that is a performance that's get a manager the sack

devoid of anything

why did we go 3 at the back? beyond me?

Maybe because we tend to lose at Everton with 4 at the back so Mancini tried to change things..

He's on a hiding to nothing tbh..

back 3 had a big part of their sucess. They took advantage of Kolorov all day. Kolorov is a shit defender as it is. Exposing him like that doesn't help. Particularly when you take into account the LCB is an inexperienced 19 year old who's clearly not comfortable in the system. Not sure if he doesn't know when to go out and cover and when to stay, or just isn't comfortable going out there all together but those 2 together in a back 3 is a bad idea to start. Hart clearly isn't comfortable with it either. He's clearly secondguessing every decision he makes cause he's not sure what his defenders are going to do.

As for Silva. It's tough for me to be too critical of him. It's tough for those creative guys to have much influence on the game when they don't see the ball for long stretches of the game. Barry was awful again. Not sure what's going on with him but he's been poor for a while and he's usually very dependable. He constantly gave the ball away all day. He and Garcia together doesn't work. You can't have 2 slow footed non creative players in the center. We can't expect Silva to be the only creative player on the field and be effective.

If I was City manager and chose Kolarov in my starting 11 (which I wouldn't, but that's by-the-by) I would tell him not to shoot from more than 30yds or from an impossible angle. Like a 10 year old kid playing park football FFS.

Der Bomber said:
Marvin said:
Der Bomber said:
Well today's match isn't exactly going on Silva's youtube highlight reel by any stretch, but the people here who are slagging him have just gone off the chain a bit. FFS everyone has an off day now and again.

But team-wide this was a dreadful performance. I'm just torqued off at the avoidable mistakes (i.e. play 3 at the back, Kolarov in the XI at that spot, etc.)

Bob's got lots of silverware. Here and elsewhere. I can't turn against him at the first reverse like a lot of people did but he lost some points with me today. No doubt.
I don't see what's wrong with playing 2 at the back against Everton. They usually play one up front and 5 in midfield. They are not known for playing with width. We didn't lose the game because of the 3 at the back.

Agreed - But as to the issue of 3 at the back I'm really more coming from the standpoint of the club just mightily struggling when doing so up to now, so why start? For some reason these particular players don't seem to take well to this. I actually agree with Bob when he was frustrated last fall at supposed professionals at the highest level being unable to adjust. But still - why create complications for yourself unnecessarily.

But you are correct. I'd say we lost because of general, overall listless play coupled with overall tactical weakness. Lots of fault to go around there today.

Ironically, one of the better performances today was by Kolo Toure, and playing where he did in a back 3 is just a terrible fit for his skill set at this point in his career.

Kolo has been generally excellent since Vinny went down. He deserves some plaudits.<br /><br />-- Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:48 am --<br /><br />
ifwecouldjust...... said:
zark said:
considering the performance today

0-0 qpr
2-2 pool
3-1 saints

i would be ASTOUNDED if mancini is still in the job on monday

i like mancini but the players clearly are not up for the job, he cant get a shift out of the weaker ones and the rest are just giving up.

the cup run is deceiving as the standard of opposition has flattered us.

sad but there you go.
today -- again -- on the pitch we were pathetic and its a re-currance

fuc* off RAG

Such intelligence...!!

Started to worry as soon as we were playing 3 at the back. Why tell the world that we were doing this and give Everton the heads up? We were second best today and Everton deserved to win. Double chins up boys and girls. Let's win the cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.