Bedroom Tax

loui_mcfc said:
Rascal said:
This bedroom tax is probably the meanest most hurtful policy any government has ever done.

I don't agree with it at all, but I'm not sure you've thought that through.

Believe you me he has, if there's one thing about Rasc he sees the bigger picture.

Mike D said:
loui_mcfc said:
Rascal said:
This bedroom tax is probably the meanest most hurtful policy any government has ever done.

Believe you me he has, if there's one thing about Rasc he sees the bigger picture.

Yes but "any government ever"
I mean over the history of time there will have been far worse carried out

How does it become an "Attack on the poor" by this government to compel the councils to do their job of providing subsidized and suitable housing for tenants needs ?,

If there is no longer a need for the number of bedrooms then why should the rate payer continue to subsidize what is in effect a spare room ?

This government are trying to ensure that decent houses are available for tenants who NEED that sized house, are they not "Poor" as well ?, kalouks post makes the case of many people who are in the same boat while suitable houses are taken up by people not only without the need but the mistaken belief that its somehow become "Their" house.

This measure is far short of forcing people onto the streets, but its not a tax on anyone either, if people want to live in a certain area in a certain sized property then they can buy or rent one at their own expense just like everyone else.

blueonblue said:
How does it become an "Attack on the poor" by this government to compel the councils to do their job of providing subsidized and suitable housing for tenants needs ?,

If there is no longer a need for the number of bedrooms then why should the rate payer continue to subsidize what is in effect a spare room ?

This government are trying to ensure that decent houses are available for tenants who NEED that sized house, are they not "Poor" as well ?, kalouks post makes the case of many people who are in the same boat while suitable houses are taken up by people not only without the need but the mistaken belief that its somehow become "Their" house.

This measure is far short of forcing people onto the streets, but its not a tax on anyone either, if people want to live in a certain area in a certain sized property then they can buy or rent one at their own expense just like everyone else.

Just not true.........

This Nazti government is forcing families out of their homes by capping the amount they will contribute for rent (housing benefit). Councils in London are preparing to move large numbers of people (Newham , Westminster, Haringay) to addresses (160 miles away in some cases) away from their families , support network etc). This will obviously free up a lot of properties in London which will no doubt be snapped up by those people who are in work and can afford them. At the same time they are reducing housing benefit for those people who live in a council property which has more bedrooms than they need. (again forcing people to move away from their families and support network).

The last time anything like this happened the world went to war.....

How many couples living in 3 bed Council houses put there hands up each year for a smaller property?

Why don't people like this move in to the private rented sector?

Why haven't councils built more one bed properties to free up three bed properties?

This a minefield and something needs to happen to increase the level of affordable property in this country and reduce the Housing Benefit budget.

There should be a limit on what a landlord can charge, not just affected by market forces.
If there is a greater demand and the landlords put the rents up the taxpayers ends up paying - that's crazy!

Successive Governments have created this. The last new town was created decades ago.
Manchester has massive areas that could redeveloped but no money has been put forward to create affordable social housing.

Selling Council Houses off didn't make long term sense - my mum and dad live in 3 bed ex-council house on their own. No mortgage, not claiming any benefits.

Help needed.

My uncle who is retired aged 68 has his local housing authority coming round tomorrow in regards his 2 bed flat. I was of the understanding that pensioners were exempt from this 'bedroom tax' and so his housing benefit would be reduced.

Are they just checking all properties, sort of making sure the details are correct?

And just to make sure are pensioners exempt?

Thanks.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Mike D said:
loui_mcfc said:

Yes but "any government ever"
I mean over the history of time there will have been far worse carried out

Even Rascal not old enough to remember that far back, just a bit before De Nero's though ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.