Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
OB1 said:
whicko said:
OB1 said:
Never mind who was missing for City, how many of Everton's players would expect to get into the side that City fielded?
Fellini,Baines,Distin.

So they had 8 starters that were worse than us but we should still have expected to struggle?
Exactly. We've got all this money and as such we should never lose a game to anyone ever again because that's how it works when you've got the money. You buy top class players at top dollar rates safe in the knowledge they will always win every game they play, always and for ever.

I'm glad I'm never ever going to see another poor City performance or defeat ever again. It'll never happen again under Mancini. It'll never happen under Mourinho or Pep if and when we get one of them. Best of all, it'll never ever happen again even if we get someone from lower down that list.

In fact, it'll never ever happen even if they put the lovely little kitten playing in my front garden in charge because we've got the money and we've got the players and we've got a rich man backing us. And they could pay the kitten in washers and we'd save a shitload against FFP.

I love City. We're fucking great. We're fucking loaded.

strongbowholic said:
OB1 said:
whicko said:
Fellini,Baines,Distin.

So they had 8 starters that were worse than us but we should still have expected to struggle?
Exactly. We've got all this money and as such we should never lose a game to anyone ever again because that's how it works when you've got the money. You buy top class players at top dollar rates safe in the knowledge they will always win every game they play, always and for ever.

I'm glad I'm never ever going to see another poor City performance or defeat ever again. It'll never happen again under Mancini. It'll never happen under Mourinho or Pep if and when we get one of them. Best of all, it'll never ever happen again even if we get someone from lower down that list.

In fact, it'll never ever happen even if they put the lovely little kitten playing in my front garden in charge because we've got the money and we've got the players and we've got a rich man backing us. And they could pay the kitten in washers and we'd save a shitload against FFP.

I love City. We're fucking great. We're fucking loaded.

^^ Quality!

I wonder if our next Italian signing following on from Balo and Mancini will also generate threads that run into the hundreds of pages with the ritual foaming at the mouth that goes on in them.

The simple fact is that we have a weaker squad than we had last year, whist most other teams have strengthened considerably - particulary utd. We've lost De Jong and Johnson and replaced them with inferior players. We've had key players go missing, most notably Nasri who has made 0 contribution all season.

Taking this into account, I think we're exactly where we should be in the league... and I don't blame Mancini for that. He's performing exactly as you would expect given our squad.

Even the Champions League performance wasn't as bad as made out. Dortmund and Real Madrid would have rolled over any English team... and maybe Ajax would have done too.

In this country, we are fixated with the manager and have to blame them for everything. Yes, Mancini has made tactical mistakes this season that have cost us points, particularly in the Champs League. But given our squad, it would have needed a miracle to win the Champs League this season and the league with Utd's points total.

Pablo1 said:
OB1 said:
Pablo1 said:
I'm not sure how many people have come out and said we've played well this year, in fact most acknowledge that it's been a season where we've been below par.
What has happened though is a segment of our support now believe that Mancini hasn't got a clue and is holding the club back, whilst the majority have said to themselves - fuck it, it's not been great, but there are mitigating circumstances like key injuries, poor transfer window and too many chances missed that could turn a draw into a win on another day - but we haven't completely collapsed and are still in with a chance to win another trophy with the man who has already brought us an FA cup and title win.

It's all about perspective, and as a simple football fan who doesn't profess to be a tactical genius on Fifa and know where Mancini is going wrong one week to the next I'm still fairly confident that the man we have in charge is the right one.

First off, thinking a change of manager would be a good thing at this time is not the same as thinking the manager has not got a clue.

Second, it's not just this season where performances have been of concern. We peaked about 15 months ago and there is not much in the way of evidence to show that Mancini has any answers to the problem beyond spending loads more money in the transfer market.

Unfortunately there are posts in this thread that intimate that he hasn't got a clue - that said I by no means meant that everyone who is unhappy with Mancini feels that way, I've said on here on the last few pages that there are plenty of sound arguments from posters who want him gone.
I'm also aware of how we've played this season, It's been disappointing. I think we peaked when we won the league which was 10 months ago, but unless he gets another year he's not going to provide evidence that he has the answers.
As for the spending loads more money, I think it's common knowledge that he's won trophies in Italy on a shoestring.
The fact is, I enjoy reading both sides of the argument but none of those who want him gone have won me over as yet and as said arguments havent changed in the last few months I doubt they will.

last season there was a lot of talk of a power shift in Mcr from red to blue, I expected our players having been coached for another year by Mancini to improve and gel more, they also have had another year playing in the prem so I was kinda hoping they would improve this season as a team, where in fact the opposite has happened imo, I can only blame mancini for this poor effort, his tactics are bewildering some times and he hasnt seemed to motivate the team for some games, he cant emulate what taggart does week in week out, we need a change, we need a man manager who can motivate and who can be tactically aware in the champs league.

nimrod said:
Pablo1 said:
OB1 said:
First off, thinking a change of manager would be a good thing at this time is not the same as thinking the manager has not got a clue.

Second, it's not just this season where performances have been of concern. We peaked about 15 months ago and there is not much in the way of evidence to show that Mancini has any answers to the problem beyond spending loads more money in the transfer market.

Unfortunately there are posts in this thread that intimate that he hasn't got a clue - that said I by no means meant that everyone who is unhappy with Mancini feels that way, I've said on here on the last few pages that there are plenty of sound arguments from posters who want him gone.
I'm also aware of how we've played this season, It's been disappointing. I think we peaked when we won the league which was 10 months ago, but unless he gets another year he's not going to provide evidence that he has the answers.
As for the spending loads more money, I think it's common knowledge that he's won trophies in Italy on a shoestring.
The fact is, I enjoy reading both sides of the argument but none of those who want him gone have won me over as yet and as said arguments havent changed in the last few months I doubt they will.

last season there was a lot of talk of a power shift in Mcr from red to blue, I expected our players having been coached for another year by Mancini to improve and gel more, they also have had another year playing in the prem so I was kinda hoping they would improve this season as a team, where in fact the opposite has happened imo, I can only blame mancini for this poor effort, his tactics are bewildering some times and he hasnt seemed to motivate the team for some games, he cant emulate what taggart does week in week out, we need a change, we need a man manager who can motivate and who can be tactically aware in the champs league.
Exactly. We need a good motivator. Someone to put his arm around the players and give them some belief. If I was Sheikh Mansour, I'd be on the phone pretty fucking sharpish to 118 118 demanding the phone numbers of Kevin Keegan, Martin O'Neill and Harry Redknapp.

We've got the money you see. With the money comes the divine right.

'He's a champion': Mancini receives City backing despite United romping to title

By Ian Ladyman

---------------------------------------------------
Roberto Mancini has been given what appears to be his first vote of confidence by new Manchester City chief executive Ferran Soriano.

Soriano was installed at the Etihad Stadium last August after formally working at Barcelona but has kept a low profile.

Now, though, in an interview in Italy, he has spoken about City manager Mancini for the first time.

'He (Mancini) is a champion, I do not add more,' Soriano said.

'Anyway, it is not easy to win back any league, especially in the Premier League.'

With Mancini's City team trailing rivals United by 15 points in the Barclays Premier League, it seems that the Italian only has the FA Cup left if he wants to emerge from this season with any credit at all.

Soriano's appointment, followed by the arrival of fellow Spaniard Txiki Begiristain as sporting director, has prompted much discussion about Mancini's future, but in an interview with Gazzetta dello Sport, Soriano appeared to lift some that pressure.

Soriano also spoke of his desire to turn City in to a self-sustaining club after the extravagant spending of the last four-and-a-half years.

He added: "My way of football? One year you can win with luck, but in the long term, you need planning and investments to reach the final of the Champions League.

'In 2003 we did a study at Barcelona. For each player landed in the first team from the 'cantera' (youth academy) there was an average cost of £2m, which is nothing if you think of the current costs.

'Our problem is to find players stronger than ours. It's not easy.

'In the last three years there have been losses of £200m, then of £100m and now there is a 'red' (loss) of £50m.

'But we also have just invested £150 million for the structures of the youth sector. It's a fantastic project, focusing on financial sustainability.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2297208/Roberto-Mancini-vote-confidence-Manchester-City-chief-executive-Ferran-Soriano.html#ixzz2OE3nnSAP" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z2OE3nnSAP</a>

Dethred said:
lancs blue said:
You seem to imply there was something odd about that sequence but it seemed like a logical progression to me.

Mancini's initial aim was to get the defensive side functioning properly as opposed to the sieve it resembled under Hughes. That was the reason for the "negative" tactics and it worked, first we won the FA Cup and then the following season, satisfied that he'd sorted out the defensive part he sent us out to attack more, strengthened by the addition of Aguero, and not only did we have the best defensive record but we scored the most goals too on the way to winning the title.

It was similar when he arrived at Inter, he started by improving the defence and making them hard to beat and then moved on to getting more goals and wins out of the team.

Then, would you concede that we're now more 2010/11-tactics than 2011/12-tactics? 3-5-2... if it didn't fail 95% of the time, he'd use it as often as possible. 3 central defenders, 2 fullbacks that are slightly more attacking, and at least one holding midfielder (two against Everton). That's 6-7 outfield players on defensive duties. That's more defensive than we've ever been, and there are some on here that complain about goals not coming in while also claiming Mancini to be beyond reproach.

I implore anyone still thinking we have a prayer in the CL under Mancini to go and watch the Dortmund Home match again. Mancini goes from 3-5-2, to 4-4-2, and then tries to bring back 3-5-2. The players were visibly confused, and it was chaos. When is the last time you recall ANY manager changing formation twice in a match and completely throw a wrench in the gears. It arguably led to the Dortmund goal, and it was one of many mistakes Mancini made in the CL campaign. He decided to do similar in our must win, yearly jinx/cockup, all-or-nothing match. Its so mind-blowing that I sometimes wonder if he's trying to get the sack and a nice payoff.

Forget Dortmund at home!!!!!!!!!! .....I raise you Ajax away.

That second half was one of the worse piece of management i've ever witnessed. Clichy at CB, standing with his hands on his hips asking our bench where to stand.

Also everyone saw the problem down our left side, 80% of their attack and chances came from it. Once again Gary Neville and even myself noticed it, he did nothing to stop it and Ajax scored from it. Then Neville started the onslaught about Mancini's lack of ability to read matches and he was right.

Ajax at home was shocking, they knocked it about and every player knew what to do. Pass and move, pass and move. It wasn't anything near Dortmunds standard but it left us chasing shadows at times.

Half the time i reckon Mancini just sends the team and relies on them doing the job, there's a huge problem when Tevez is picking the ball up on the halfway line.

Mancini isn't good enough, hard to digest for many. But i'll use the term 'clueless' in a light way. At times he's not got a fucking clue, he can't manage our side to players abilities and most of all which ticks me off is he can't set the team up.

Everton team sheet came out and straight away it was shambolic before it even started, handed them the first half on a plate.

Great manager against Villa, Wigan and Fulham. Can't manage a team when it comes to it being competitive. Don't even mention Chelsea at home, they were shite.

When was the last game we won where the opposition were level par with us, or even better than us in the game? ....good luck, answers on a postage stamp.

Was it Mark Hughes in when it all started and he started to show he wasn't up to it? now we've this Forza Mancini bullshit, it's the same position all over again. Southampton and Everton away this season were both Spurs away under Mark Hughes games.

Thanks for everything Roberto, but it's time to move on to the next step in our phase and up the manager with the squad we have. The foundations are there now, it's just missing a world class tactical manager.

Loyalty and stability means fuck all when you manager is out his depth, and imo mancini is out his depth.

Freestyler said:
Dethred said:
lancs blue said:
You seem to imply there was something odd about that sequence but it seemed like a logical progression to me.

Mancini's initial aim was to get the defensive side functioning properly as opposed to the sieve it resembled under Hughes. That was the reason for the "negative" tactics and it worked, first we won the FA Cup and then the following season, satisfied that he'd sorted out the defensive part he sent us out to attack more, strengthened by the addition of Aguero, and not only did we have the best defensive record but we scored the most goals too on the way to winning the title.

It was similar when he arrived at Inter, he started by improving the defence and making them hard to beat and then moved on to getting more goals and wins out of the team.

Then, would you concede that we're now more 2010/11-tactics than 2011/12-tactics? 3-5-2... if it didn't fail 95% of the time, he'd use it as often as possible. 3 central defenders, 2 fullbacks that are slightly more attacking, and at least one holding midfielder (two against Everton). That's 6-7 outfield players on defensive duties. That's more defensive than we've ever been, and there are some on here that complain about goals not coming in while also claiming Mancini to be beyond reproach.

I implore anyone still thinking we have a prayer in the CL under Mancini to go and watch the Dortmund Home match again. Mancini goes from 3-5-2, to 4-4-2, and then tries to bring back 3-5-2. The players were visibly confused, and it was chaos. When is the last time you recall ANY manager changing formation twice in a match and completely throw a wrench in the gears. It arguably led to the Dortmund goal, and it was one of many mistakes Mancini made in the CL campaign. He decided to do similar in our must win, yearly jinx/cockup, all-or-nothing match. Its so mind-blowing that I sometimes wonder if he's trying to get the sack and a nice payoff.

That second half was one of the worse piece of management i've ever witnessed. Clichy at CB, standing with his hands on his hips asking our bench where to stand.

Also everyone saw the problem down our left side, 80% of their attack and chances came from it. Once again Gary Neville and even myself noticed it, he did nothing to stop it and Ajax scored from it. Then Neville started the onslaught about Mancini's lack of ability to read matches and he was right.

Ajax at home was shocking, they knocked it about and every player knew what to do. Pass and move, pass and move. It wasn't anything near Dortmunds standard but it left us chasing shadows at times.

Half the time i reckon Mancini just sends the team and relies on them doing the job, there's a huge problem when Tevez is picking the ball up on the halfway line.

Mancini isn't good enough, hard to digest for many. But i'll use the term 'clueless' in a light way. At times he's not got a fucking clue, he can't manage our side to players abilities and most of all which ticks me off is he can't set the team up.

Everton team sheet came out and straight away it was shambolic before it even started, handed them the first half on a plate.

Great manager against Villa, Wigan and Fulham. Can't manage a team when it comes to it being competitive. Don't even mention Chelsea at home, they were shite.

When was the last game we won where the opposition were level par with us, or even better than us in the game? ....good luck, answers on a postage stamp.

Was it Mark Hughes in when it all started and he started to show he wasn't up to it? now we've this Forza Mancini bullshit, it's the same position all over again. Southampton and Everton away this season were both Spurs away under Mark Hughes games.

Thanks for everything Roberto, but it's time to move on to the next step in our phase and up the manager with the squad we have. The foundations are there now, it's just missing a world class tactical manager.

Loyalty and stability means fuck all when you manager is out his depth, and imo mancini is out his depth.

excellent post mate, fully agree.

Freestyler said:

Now, see, you've got me watching our entire CL campaign over this weekend. I'm towards the end of the Dortmund at home, and I'm already shaking my head in disbelief. Mancini will never take us to any meaningful success in Europe. Its fucking unreal how outclassed he is by Jurgen Klopp. Game is reasonably even, with only a difference in shots on goal, Mancini moves to a 3-5-2, entire team falls to pieces and the ball never makes it past their midfield. Sadly, ratface called the inevitable problems we'd see over the next few minutes as the formation change was being made. 10 minutes later, we're a goal down and Mancini changes it back to 4-4-2. Fucking beggars belief.

Forza Mancini folks need to watch our CL matches again. Come back after watching them all, and tell us with complete honesty that Mancini is due another season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.