Cheap Trains Withdrawn already Sun 14th April.

takeabooson said:
mike o said:
takeabooson said:
we had to book the 10.30 as we could'nt get on the others, that might be your best option, it gets to london for 1 p.m leaving plenty of time to get to wembley

Cheers, Id imagine theyll be plenty stood up with the open returns. Ive had to stand up a few times on a Sunday night on the way back from London.

Just panicking theyll be too busy for even that. Hopefully Staffsblue will clear it up as hes a train genius :)

if you get there early enough u may get a seat in first class, if its hammered they usually de-commission it and offer anyone who bought a first class ticket a full refund, this has happened on numerous occassions when i've travelled with them, its worth a shot, or better still if u happen to know anyone who is a member of the aslef union get their membership card of them and the guard usually lets u travel first class aswell, i have done this before, just make sure u ask him before u board

Had that a couple of times myself when its been busy and its ended up a free for all. Fingers crossed.

Quite happily stand up for 2 hours to be fair if thats the worst case :)

Another update:

Our collegues at Network Rail still haven't uploaded the schedules for the additional trains into retail systems, so we are unable to open reservations.

The trains WILL still operate and the following will be 100% unreserved (so all 592 seats available for walk up punters):

All estimated timings still so may vary:
0845 and 1040 Manchester - Euston
1931 and 2031 Euston - Manchester

I'm out the office for the next 2 days but will give an update on Friday with confirmed timings.

staffsblue said:
Another update:

Our collegues at Network Rail still haven't uploaded the schedules for the additional trains into retail systems, so we are unable to open reservations.

The trains WILL still operate and the following will be 100% unreserved (so all 592 seats available for walk up punters):

I'm out the office for the next 2 days but will give an update on Friday with confirmed timings.
Will the above trains stop at Stockport ?
I presume we will have no issues getting to London Sunday AM ??

staffsblue said:
Another update:

Will there be any change to the advertised fares? I just checked from Urmston via Warrington out of interest and it's coming in at £75, same for Manchester, is that the best I'm likely to get at this stage?

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Update for everyone and for those planning to book trains.

Bought a rail card...Split it 5 ways for the year.a fiver each.

Now booked 4 adults and a child runcorn to Wembley stadium for the sum total of £175 working out at £35 notes each plus a fiver each for the rail card.

Up to 4 adults and one child can travel on the railcard..Huge savings..Cost me 25.20 for the year. third off adult fares and 60% off kids.

Below is the link to get a 10% discount on a railcard if anyone is interested.

http://www.familyandfriends-railcard.co.uk/online/
What is a child runcorn?

Apologies if this has been mentioned already but I read a Tweet from Virgin confirming that the Piccadilly to Euston trains on Sunday are dry. Drinks will be confiscated, Lads.

Have a single ticket to London 10:20 am train + a seat standard class gets in 13:00 pm cost £26 not needed now as m8 will be in London the Sat night

face value or best offer meet @ Piccadilly Station Sunday 10 ish

John

Now sold to @ northernbloke

Palace84 said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
m32blue said:
Have a look at prices from places like Wigan and Warrington
For the 2011 cup final I went from Warrington Bank Quay only took 1hr 55 mins and it cost about £50.00

Get one from Watford, 20 minutes, it's only a tenner

5 of us (4 adults and 1 child) are driving to Watford and it has cost £23.00 all in for a group booking return to Wembley Central. Car Park is £4.70 and can be pre booked on Londonmidlandparking.com. Total travel costs with diesel about £75.00 between us. Bargain, but means a dry day for me!!!

We're doing same. Are you parking Watford junction car park? Is that the parking charge there?

Also, I'm getting £49.50 for same booking. 4 adults, 1 child. Watford to wembley. Is that £23 your charge? If so, how'd you get that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.