Alternatives to Falcao, Cavani and Gotze?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Goo said:
Tolmie, you've thrown Lewandowski's name into the mix as well as Fabregas, Moutinho, and Gundogan, with little previous reports we are linked with any of them...

Is this personal "want" list, or is it these players the club are indeed actually looking at very closely?

I was simply asked a question about Fabregas in terms of would he leave Barca?

He and Moutinho are simply the type of players we need in this area of the team IMO.

As for Lewandowski and Gundogan, City have made firm enquiries for both in recent months.

I like the sound of a firm enquiry, top stuff.

Tolmie are we actively trying to get our business done quickly this summer? Surely you would like to think Tiki has been working on deals to prevent missing out on top targets again.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Bale and Lewandowski would be a very intelligent use of our funds.

Why spend £50m on Falcao or Cavani when we can swap Dzeko for Lewandowski, and then use the money to go big time on Bale?

Bale gives us the different facet the team lacks, he is 23.

Lewandowski is a predator in the penalty area, he is 24 and is made for England.

Cavani is a couple of years older and Falcao is 28 early next year, both who will want £200,000 plus a week and a five year deal.

The other two have major resale value if they are successful and can easily pocket £300k a week between them.

Leaving City with the best part of another £50m plus sales to buy the world class midfielder we desperately need.
Is there ANY chance of us signing Bale, Tolmie..?
i personally would prefer us to sign Bale than Cavani or Falcao.
Would be my dream signing along witbh Gundogan

Surely Dortmund wouldn't let both players go after already losing a top player to Bayern ? One maybe, but both ?

I have never rated Lewandowski on the same level as Cavani or Falcao but imo those two are ridiculously overpriced.

If signing Lewandowski allowed us to bring in Bale, then I would be all for it.

There would be one glaring hole in this plan, if Dzeko had to leave though, the fact that we sign one of the best crossers of a ball in the business (Bale) then only have 1 player at the club who actually gets on the end of crosses.

Unless Bob is completely convinced Guidetti will return to full fitness & become a top cf, we would surely have to sign another backup striker, to take advantage of Bale's crossing ability.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Goo said:
Tolmie, you've thrown Lewandowski's name into the mix as well as Fabregas, Moutinho, and Gundogan, with little previous reports we are linked with any of them...

Is this personal "want" list, or is it these players the club are indeed actually looking at very closely?

I was simply asked a question about Fabregas in terms of would he leave Barca?

He and Moutinho are simply the type of players we need in this area of the team IMO.

As for Lewandowski and Gundogan, City have made firm enquiries for both in recent months.
What about Reus, Tolmie? He would be perfect in our team. No enquiries for him?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Alma Bear said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Bale and Lewandowski would be a very intelligent use of our funds.

Why spend £50m on Falcao or Cavani when we can swap Dzeko for Lewandowski, and then use the money to go big time on Bale?

Bale gives us the different facet the team lacks, he is 23.

Lewandowski is a predator in the penalty area, he is 24 and is made for England.

Cavani is a couple of years older and Falcao is 28 early next year, both who will want £200,000 plus a week and a five year deal.

The other two have major resale value if they are successful and can easily pocket £300k a week between them.

Leaving City with the best part of another £50m plus sales to buy the world class midfielder we desperately need.

Do you think that Fabregas might be open to a move to City?

Are we related?

I have felt for a long time he would be the perfect piece of the jigsaw.

Relations between the two clubs aren't the best, but the lad admits he would like to come back to England one day.

Hi Tolmie. I'd guess that we're probably not related, but if you DM me stating your full name and what you do for a living, I'll be able to confirm. Thanks, Cousin Alma

BlueDejong said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Claytop said:
Agree with this, we need to get our 1st choice, world class targets.

I don't think we can afford to settle for players not fully proven at the top level yet.

This might make a few sit up and take notice, the balance just seems right.

....................................Lewandowski................................
..................Bale..................................Aguero

....................................Silva....................................

.................Moutinho/Gundongan/Fabregas.............Yaya

If this line - up make it, we spend 100m fund.

Lewandowski - 25m

Bale - 60m

Gundogan - 20m or Cesc - 30m

It's too expensive, and we care about FFP. also we need young CB.

I highly doubt Fabregas would only cost 30 mil.
He is in the category of Falcao, Cavani and Bale, about 45mil
You only buy one of those per season, or you could give uefa the middle finger and go for it like PSG

I too would be happy with Lewandowski instead of Cavani, but would still prefer Falcao over all. However if it meant us getting Bale as well then Lewandowski would be great.

For me Falcao > Cavani > Lewandowski, but equally important is cost and age of the player too, and this evens up the players potential to us.

I'd be worried if Chelsea did buy Falcao though, because Falcao and Ba, along with Torres is some strikeforce !

City would do well though to possibly have Aguero, Lewandowski and Tevez. Although I'd rather we purchased Jackson Martinez from Porto before Athletico Madrid do, and we could hopefully sell Tevez to PSG or Monaco. We'd then have three top strikers and Guidetti as back-up.

If we could add Gundogan or Vidal to our midfield (along with Bale) this summer, then we'd be sorted in these positions, and next summer we would only need to find a long term replacement for Yaya.

Hasn't Lewandowski agreed to join Bayern already so all this talk about him is probably moot? Pity as he was very, very good against us at the Etihad and gave Vinny a very hard time. Think he's a striker who'll score a bundle one game and miss a succession of chances the next but he has a real physical presence.

Just hope we are already a long way down the road with prospective targets. This coming summer will be crucial as United will kick on and Chelsea will spend under Jose. Plus we should have some room on our wage bill as Bridge, Mario, RSC are gone and it's likely that Kolo, Lescott and possibly Dzeko or Nasri will go. It also looks as though that if Barry stays his wages will be lower so we will have a rare opportunity to spend big despite FFP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.