Will this be our biggest away following since colour telly?

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Bluep*ss said:
Blue Streak said:
How many did we have at Wembley for Gillingham because I doubt it will beat that?

I remember that both teams were allocated 35,000 each and many City fans were amazed that Gillingham would get near that.I was reported in the press that gillingham went on open sale only a few days after they opened the sale of tickets. Again, if I remember correctly City had to have "points" to get a ticket. It was reported that the attendance of 77,000 was the biggest for a play-off final at the time.Many fans of ours in the London and South East areas managed to obtain tickets down there. It was estimated (by whom??) that City had 45,000 fans there.

If I remember rightly, Gillingham season ticket holders were allowed 10 tickets each and anyone who lived in Kent could get purchase a ticket!
The club is still probably staying afloat on the sales of the jester hats and wigs from that day.

Season ticket holders were allowed 4 each I seem to recall.

When it went on open sale you had to prove you had been to a game that season, the criteria for proving it? A ticket stub or matchday programme, and you could buy one of the old matchday programmes in the club shop!

Went in 99 no ticket. Cost £150 for 2 in Gillingham end. Money well spent

warpig said:
won't beat york away. we took 500,000 fans for that one.

I think your exagerating, we took 499,998 to York, I counted them in and counted them out.

derek said:
warpig said:
won't beat york away. we took 500,000 fans for that one.

I think your exagerating, we took 499,998 to York, I counted them in and counted them out.

Ah well that was because me and my mate got there late and left early as the pub was too appealing so you missed us.

rickmcfc said:
I wish people will stop saying we will have 50,000 at Wembley. There will be 35k maximum.
Against Stoke, there were very few neutrals. Half the Club Wembley, and half of the FA tickets ended up with City fans.

rickmcfc said:
I wish people will stop saying we will have 50,000 at Wembley. There will be 35k maximum.

Are you having a laugh / WUM. I was in the bottom tier of the Stoke end / Club Wembley in 2011 and three quarters of Club Wembley middle tier were Blues. Certainly over £40k overall.

Every chance of there being 50k or more vs Wigan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.