Abide with me

It's a beautiful song and it's part of the FA Cup Final.

I hope they turn down the PA on Cup Final day and allow the fans to enjoy the build up

bluesteve said:
This from Wiki

Since the 1927 FA Cup Final between Arsenal and Cardiff City, the first and last verses of the hymn are traditionally sung at the FA Cup Final before the kick-off of the match, at around 2.45pm

We should be proud to sing it. Become part of the tradition.

Absolutely this.

It was always part of my Cup Final day growing up in the '70s and as this will be the first FA Cup Final I have attended, I will be singing it loud and proud.

Although there aren't many people, apart from my two grandchildren, who would classify as what comes out of my mouth as singing!

Vienna_70 said:
bluesteve said:
This from Wiki

Since the 1927 FA Cup Final between Arsenal and Cardiff City, the first and last verses of the hymn are traditionally sung at the FA Cup Final before the kick-off of the match, at around 2.45pm

We should be proud to sing it. Become part of the tradition.

Absolutely this.

It was always part of my Cup Final day growing up in the '70s and as this will be the first FA Cup Final I have attended, I will be singing it loud and proud.

Although there aren't many people, apart from my two grandchildren, who would classify as what comes out of my mouth as singing!

Good for you mate - me too! It will go out across the globe and help create the right impression of our club and the event itself.<br /><br />-- Fri May 03, 2013 6:24 pm --<br /><br />
argyle said:
It's just tradition for no reason.

sad - hopefully, there's some proper football folks going.................

bluesteve said:
We should be proud to sing it.
Why? It's a religious song; I would suggest it has no place at a football match, yes it's "tradition" and yes other football chants use religious tunes but a religious song should never be used at the foremost cup competition nor any other match.

Was lovely last time. Tons of blues joined in.

Made sure I was in for 2.45 last time, guessing itll now be a 5pm abide with me then!

it should be sung out loud and with a little remembrance to our fans we have lost
who will be watching from the heavens

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.