Cup Final week happy and good feeling thread only :)

mammutly said:
davymcfc said:
I'm so fucking excited. I am getting the boat over on Friday from the Isle of Man to Liverpool. Spending time with my dad and brother and then on to my mums in Sale. Driving down with my mate on Saturday morning and I have prepared a football quiz for the journey. Few beers in London before the match and staying in watford afterwards. Come on city!

Can you PM me the football quiz? I have forum animals in my car and need something to keep them quiet.
That's no way to talk about Toby:)

I'll be counting down all the days come Tuesday thinking about getting off the tube at Wembley Park, and walking down those steps onto Wembley Way.

After 35 years in the wilderness it's a special place for a football fan especially on Cup Final Day.

I hope as many blues as possible can make it.

My second trip to the new Wembley & my first final (couldn't make it 2 years ago due to circumstance), going down on the soccer express luxury coach then heading to the greyhound to meet some mates and down some beers. Bit nervous as Wigan are a handy side (got Liverpool v Wimbledon stuck in my head) but am going to try and enjoy the day.

i'm winding down already. i have knocked 15 mins off my working day and will be doing so till friday when i'll leave work before i get here.

can't wait :)

11/5 is eldest daughter's birthday, so it's into central London for a bite to eat and then celebrate in style by standing in the middle of a roundabout swigging lager from cans.

Quite lookin forward to ESPN - they are starting their programming at breakfast (like in the good old days) so we can watch a bit of that before we set off.

Setting off at the crack of dawn on THURSDAY morning!

The problem with being an exiled blue means that any trip back to England is incredibly time-consuming and expensive.

Drive from Salamanca to Santander (4 hours).
Flight from Santander to Stansted.
Thursday night staying above a pub in Sawbridgeworth, near Stansted.
Friday and Saturday nights in a b and b in Islington.
Flight back from Stansted to Santander on Sunday afternoon.
Drive back to Salamanca from Santander.
Work on Monday morning.

Just as well I'm self-employed and don't need to ask the boss for time off!

I really hope we lose against Wigan, so I don't have to fork out again for a trip to Wembley to see us thrash the rags in the Community Shield in August. ONLY JOKING!

Already starting watching re-runs of the 2011 Semi and Final. Going to watch the semi against Chelski a couple of times this week and then up early on Saturday morning with my brother driving us down with the car decked out with scarves and flags. Meeting up with some more blues once down there and a few sociable ones will be enjoyed before the game. Fingers crossed it's another victory and another trophy for Vinny to lift. Really looking forward to it.

Can't wait and as I'm sure will have already been mentioned on here, Saturday will be 10 years to the day since our last game at Maine Road, got to be a good omen surely.

Time to get some old videos and dvds out this week I think...

How you going to cope with the build up - By spending most of the week on here probably.

How you getting there - Flying into Heathrow and staying in Piccadilly. Will probably start the day off in Covent Garden and then get the tube up to Wembley (Park or Central, not decided yet).

Is it your first visit to Wembley - First visit inside the new one. Walked around it loads of times as our kid used to live very close. Went to the old one about 10 times.

Making your own way or in a group, supporters club - 10 of us making the trip over.

Staying over / one day trip - Arrive Friday morning, fly out Sunday afternoon.

Who is traveling the longest distance - Roughly 6,000 miles round trip for me, but there's bound to be people travelling further.

i am soooooooo buzzin about this
I stupidly didn't do the cup scheme (did the other 2 though )
but when my points kicked in I got 2 tickets, for me and my son,- my wife though didn't have enough points so I was gutted for her, but after checking the forums out I have been helped out by inter me nan who has sorted me out with another ticket for my wife-same block as well!
just wanted to say there are some fantastic fellow blues out there who are willing to help others out!
im sure that some day I will help other blues out and pass it on, so to speak.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.