Manchester City close on Pellegrini (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread reminds me of

Explosion_mushroom_shaped.gif

SPIDERBOY said:
I just seen part of an interview with bobby on SSN,he doesn't look like a man who knows he's about to lose his job,seemed relaxed and cheerful....unless HE has got what HE wants.

If I was looking at that level of payoff... I'd be relaxed and cheerful! Seriously he does look confident about his position.

inchy14 said:
NipHolmes said:
blueparrot said:
And how many more trophies, and how much better in Europe has that got them in the last 2 years.

And before that?

Too many to respond to at the moment and I'm packing up at work in minute so will carry on tomorrow.

In short when we are teams camping out a change of tactics should be deployed. Counter attacks win games, see Napoli v us last season for example.

The way we play is great don't get me wrong but when teams have no ambition and look to survive its a drab affair trying to score. Reading, QPR, Sunderland, Everton etc. United have shown a blueprint on how to beat these teams and that's stretching play and beating on the break.

If teams came to play there'd not be a problem, thing is the league has many ambition-less teams who look to survive each season. To consistently win leagues we have to prepare for such teams and circumstances. We currently don't have the players to do so hence why many call for quick wide men.

Just my take, not saying I'm bang on the money. Football = opinions. As I said, its something we need to solve because its something we will continue to be troubled by otherwise.

They lost to Everton, an own goal won it for them at Sunderland, conceded 4(?) at reading and a 1 in a million goal won it at QPR, they've conceded loads of chances in these games as well as others, Southampton, Villa, with their style of football and if these teams had finished better they'd have dropped more points, they're wide open in every game. We're not apart from 1 or 2 games when we know we've underperformed.
And Pellegrini lost away at Grenada at the weekend. So it appears that he also finds certain games against retain teams down the bottom if the table difficult.

hallstreetblue said:
Pablo1 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
You can't disagree with that but there's one huge assumption in there which, if incorrect, renders it logically perfect but essentially meaningless.

I count about 3 assumptions but i'll happily go along with the first 5 words of your post. ;-)

Heynckes too old? Third successive year in a CL final with Bayern. Granted the first year wasn't exactly all his doing. However, this time round it's all credit to him and the way he can motivate a group of multi millionaires. He's won the league by a huge margin, is in the DFB cup final and to top the lot, is in the CL final and his team scoring 7 without reply, against apparently the best footballing side in the world. I respect your opinion, however, have another think.

I don't believe I posted anything that said he isn't a top manager - in fact the reason I mentioned him at all was because he's up in the very highest echelons of management. If he came here though there are no guarantees that he would be an instant success. At 67 I do indeed think he's too old - if we are about to build a dynasty then I would much rather it be with somebody who's going to be here long term than somebody who may come in for 1-2 seasons. So thanks for respecting my opinion, however, I've had another think and will stick to what I originally posted ta.

Getting p*ssed with all this. With 2nd place nearly sown on and a chance for another cup and you wish for Mancini to go?? Crazy place is this ...

One more season and if we are not as successful as we expected then we go for another manager!

Flipping Pellegrini though ... No way is he an upgrade.

The cookie monster said:
M24-CRC said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Whereas Pellegrini has a glowing CV.
You have utterly avoided addressing Danny's post by stating the bleeding obvious.
So how is Pellegrini an upgrade on Mancini, exactly?
after 40+ pages of assumptions/opinions or bullshit as it is known, i'm looking forward to seeing Nips answer to this...........no opinions though Nip, only facts please.
Nip thinks wengers an upgrade.

I would just like to know how many 'outers' consider Pellegrini to be an improvement, and if they actually want him to replace Mancini, and their reasons as to exactly why.
It's a simple enough question.

Just had a tip off from one of Tolmies press gang that Pellegrini will be in the stand for tonights game.
Rumour has it that NipHolmes will be sat alongside him as Pellegrini has been made aware that Nip's superior tactical nous will be of benefit to him as a manager in this country.

;-)

M24-CRC said:
Just had a tip off from one of Tolmies press gang that Pellegrini will be in the stand for tonights game.
Rumour has it that NipHolmes will be sat alongside him as Pellegrini has been made aware that Nip's superior tactical nous will be of benefit to him as a manager in this country.

;-)

Nip will probably be on this thread while the game's going on....

The cookie monster said:
M24-CRC said:
after 40+ pages of assumptions/opinions or bullshit as it is known, i'm looking forward to seeing Nips answer to this...........no opinions though Nip, only facts please.

I would just like to know how many 'outers' consider Pellegrini to be an improvement, and if they actually want him to replace Mancini, and their reasons as to exactly why.
It's a simple enough question.
you'd think it was a simple question for them to answer seeing how adamant they are...........see how many do though

The cookie monster said:
M24-CRC said:
Whereas Pellegrini has a glowing CV.
You have utterly avoided addressing Danny's post by stating the bleeding obvious.
So how is Pellegrini an upgrade on Mancini, exactly?
He would be, in my opinion.

I think Mancini will get another season at least providing he has a good relationship with the new management above him. A few arrivals, a few going out and a change in approach to European competition and we should do well. Suspect he'll have been told that if he doesn't change the way he sets his team up in Europe, he's out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.