Ferguson **Confirmed Retired** (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pam said:
blueinsa said:
A move for Moyes only means that the dark lord has retreated into the shadows where he will still be pulling all the fucking strings.

Jelly, ice cream and bouncy castle is still on hold for the big day!

Is Gollum's Scottishness a factor?

Coupled with him brown nosing the piss can at every opportunity and agreeing to have his strings pulled, yes!

Surprised no ones noticed..

Of course it will be Moyes..

Only Gollum knows the way to Mordor...

Quite surprised so many on here think its all going to collapse now at OT...that just aint gonna happen.

Moyes running down his contract like he has must have known Ferguson was retiring at the end of this season. Makes me think he was gifted this title as a farewell.

bluelol said:
If ever you needed confirmation that Sky and United are one of the same, you have seen that today.

It's not only Sky is it? It's the whole f.cking media..Unless there was something on Sky that I missed though!<br /><br />-- Wed May 08, 2013 3:33 pm --<br /><br />
samharris said:
Surprised no ones noticed..

Of course it will be Moyes..

Only Gollum knows the way to Mordor...

One does not simply...

Lets not forget what we will be losing....

Tales from the dark side: Ferguson's furies emerge from Auntie's tomb

Graham Hunter
The Guardian, Monday 13 May 2002 22.54 BST

Sir Alex Ferguson's complaints that he has been under attack from the media all season may increase tomorrow night when the BBC shows the Ferguson Factor, a biography of the Manchester United manager.

After being accused of trying to persuade young players to sign for his agent son Jason and ridiculed last week for an expletive-filled defence of Juan Sebastian Veron, Ferguson is likely to be further enraged by the documentary.

In fact the programme, which airs a foul-mouthed tirade at John Motson and in which Eric Cantona accuses United of treating him like "a shit", is the subject of a letter from Ferguson's lawyers to the BBC.

Undoubtedly the most shocking moment is the 1995 incident with Motson.

Until now, claims the programme's narrator Michael Crick, who also wrote the biography detailing Ferguson's use of his son as an agent, Match of the Day has been too scared of reprisals to show the footage.

Roy Keane had just been sent off for the third time in 14 matches. Motson asks: "I appreciate that you keep your disciplinary action inside the club, but is the Roy Keane situation one you will have to address?"

Ferguson replies: "John, you have no right to ask that question. You are out of order.

"You know fine well my ruling on that, right? That's the interview finished."

Ferguson then addresses Motson in increasing fury. "I'm no' wanting that on," he says. "I want to cancel that interview right? The whole fucking lot of it. Cancel it.

"You know the fucking score, son, so fucking make sure that it doesn't go out or you'll never get in this fucking club again. You're fucking not getting in again."

Motson: "Well, I was asked to ask you, Alex."

Ferguson: "You fucking know the rules here."

The timing is unfortunate for Ferguson, who indulged in a similarly abusive session with national press journalists when the subject of Veron came up. On Saturday evening Ferguson claimed that he was the subject of "personal" attacks.

The programme recounts a 1978 industrial tribunal which unanimously supported St Mirren's right to sack him for "the arrogant, overbearing way he tried to run the whole club" and which stated that Ferguson had "neither by experience nor talent any managerial ability at all".

The programme extends the claims in Crick's biography that Ferguson unfairly favours his son's agency in its report on Jaap Stam's sale this season. "Jason's firm is said to have charged Lazio more than £1m for a deal which was clearly rushed," it claims. "If they had let other clubs bid, United might have made more money."

The club is understood to regard that possibility as no more than hypothetical.

At least as distressing for the more sentimental United fans will be the sight of Cantona explaining why he retired in 1997 having scored the FA Cup-winning goal in 1996 that completed the Double.

"I signed a contract and they didn't respect anything," he says. "So at this time I thought that merchandising was more important than the team and the players. When the business is more important than the football, I don't care, I just give up.

"But I'm treated like a pair of socks, like a shit. I'm not a shit."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2002/may/13/sport.comment1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2002 ... t.comment1</a>

This is how I've felt all day. :)

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=np6vAuS0KNs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... p6vAuS0KNs</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.