Applause at 61 minutes on Sunday

Appreciate both sides of the debate, but in the end I think it'll just end up with the 'meeja' throwing more shit at us as a result. It'll get twisted to be a dig at the owners

taconinja said:
Vincents Tackle said:
IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
Perhaps if Mancini had inspired the team a bit more, had been less of a twat and been more popular with the players then we might have actually won more during his tenure here. Any of you dimmers, sorry, inners ever thought of that?

macky said:
Ye your right look back at all the other managers we've had that won us more trophies.......................

How people think it's fair to compare Mancini's achievements (in terms of trophies won at City) with any of our former managers is beyond me. It's not a level playing field given the money and the talent at Mancini's disposal. It's not like he got us promoted from the Championship and turned us into title winners with the budget of Everton.
You don't win the league without money. Your supposition is irrelevant.

big fuckin rag alert or no idea. Which is it i wonder?

Mancini has given every Blue in the last 30 odd years more top-flight honours than the rest put together.

Lancet Fluke said:
It's been requested so much over the last year, how about the outers "give their fucking heads a wobble" on 61 minutes? What a spectacle it'd be for the MOTD cameras, much of the crowd sobbing and clapping, interspersed with people grinning and wobbling their heads. :)
Funny as fuck. Or we could all get up on 61 minutes and fuck off to support Chelsea. That one was requested as much as the head wobble.

We should all do what we think is right to thank Mancini for his time at the club and I think that the club would expect nothing less from us, they referred to the fans in the statement about his departure.

But the press would be all over us is if this turned into any form of demonstration or revolt bearing in mind what our owners have done in just a few years.

Personally, I supported Mancini throughout his time here and my Mancini banner will have its last outing on Sunday and then we move on, ready for a new start, new season and a new man in charge.
Mancini was the right man at the right time and I trust Khaldoon and his team to get it right again.
CTID

stonerblue said:
taconinja said:
Vincents Tackle said:
How people think it's fair to compare Mancini's achievements (in terms of trophies won at City) with any of our former managers is beyond me. It's not a level playing field given the money and the talent at Mancini's disposal. It's not like he got us promoted from the Championship and turned us into title winners with the budget of Everton.
You don't win the league without money. Your supposition is irrelevant.

big fuckin rag alert or no idea. Which is it i wonder?

Mancini has given every Blue in the last 30 odd years more top-flight honours than the rest put together.

You don't win the league without money? That's kinda the point I was making!?!

I'm just wondering why you compare Mancini to our managers from 10,20,30 years ago? how many of them had one of the richest men on the planet willing to hand them a blank chequebook to sign some of the worlds best players when they were in charge? I'm not saying any manager we've had before would've done a better job given Mancini's position, to be honest I dont particularly care. I just wouldnt compare Mancini to any other manager before we were took over because we were a different club before 2009.

If it makes you feel better to call me a rag because I don't fawn all over Mancini's achievements then so be it. I don't dislike Mancini but if he hadn't won the trophies someone else would've done, it was a matter of time considering the owners we have in charge.

It would be fair to compare the next manager to Mancini which I'm pretty sure will be the main talking point on this forum next season.

wow, just wow. I can't tell you how embarrassing and cringey this is.

Sick to fucking death of all this clapping in whatever minute, load of self pity bollocks.

I presumed this thread was tongue in cheek, but it seems genuine?! I won't be partaking, seems more than a bit ridiculous to me.

There's nothing wrong with it. It would be a send-off .. of sorts. Its a good idea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.