Time to start thinking realistic formations/Xl

NipHolmes said:
ethan23 said:
Looking more and more like Isco will be joining and Carlos will be leaving, therefore we will have an abundance of talent in midfield but i just don't know what we will line up with...

We will have

Milner
Nasri
Barry
Yaya
Silva
Rodwell
Garcia
Navas
Fernandinho
Isco

Dzeko
Aguero
Gudetti

Something like ...

....................................Hart..........................
Zab/micah......Kompany............Nasty.........Clichy

......................Yaya............Fernandinho............

..............Isco.............Silva................Navas......

...........................Aguero................................

Which will leave, Milner, Barry,Nasri,Rodwell, Garcia all out of the side... i know we will have a lot of games hopefully, but we have arguably too many options...

Swap Isco and Navas on the flanks and that's then side we will see imo, CavanI woukd change matters though.

I was about to say something very similar.

ethan23 said:
Looking more and more like Isco will be joining and Carlos will be leaving, therefore we will have an abundance of talent in midfield but i just don't know what we will line up with...

We will have

Milner
Nasri
Barry
Yaya
Silva
Rodwell
Garcia
Navas
Fernandinho
Isco

Dzeko
Aguero
Gudetti

Something like ...

Which will leave, Milner, Barry,Nasri,Rodwell, Garcia all out of the side... i know we will have a lot of games hopefully, but we have arguably too many options...

I hope your right about Isco BUT where have you read that he is more likely to join US.?

In the new spirit of crowd pleasing attacking football I heard Pellers is going to propose a pre-season experimenting with his new 0-1-2-4-2-1 formation. Our idea is to score at least 4 more than the opposition and then park the bus in close games by by bringing on Nasri and Rodders Plan B. Clichy and Zaba may see playing time with Guidetti shoring up the center when we have 6 goal or more lead in the last 20 mins-Plan C.

----------Hart----------

-------------------------- (No Defence)

Kompany (Sweeper)

Fernandinhio Yaya (Holding forwards)

Navas Nasri Silva Isco (Attacking forwards)

Aguero Cavani (Advanced attacking forwards)
Dzeko (Goal hanging forward)

Subs. Nasri Rodwell -Plan B, and Clichy Guidetti Zabaletta -Plan C

ethan23 said:

We will have

Milner
Nasri
Barry
Yaya
Silva
Rodwell
Garcia
Navas
Fernandinho
Isco

Dzeko
Aguero
Gudetti

Something like ...

A bit too small up front?

Also puts a big responsibility on Aguero to score. Neither Navas or Silva are exactly prolific.

NipHolmes said:
ethan23 said:

We will have

Milner
Nasri
Barry
Yaya
Silva
Rodwell
Garcia
Navas
Fernandinho
Isco

Dzeko
Aguero
Gudetti

Something like ...

Swap Isco and Navas on the flanks and that's then side we will see imo, CavanI woukd change matters though.
Cavani would change things drastically because with him you would have to put him with Aguero (could be the most most lethal strike duo in the EPL)as a front 2.and he proved he can play the spearhead of a front 3 as he showed in Napoli with Lavezzi and Hamsik on both sides of him..they were lethal running us up and down in Naples and in the etihad..if you have a front 3 u can push navas as one of the forwards or isco (if he arrives) but that might make things complicated in midfield with our 1000 options we have<br /><br />-- Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:54 am --<br /><br />
cibaman said:
ethan23 said:

We will have

Milner
Nasri
Barry
Yaya
Silva
Rodwell
Garcia
Navas
Fernandinho
Isco

Dzeko
Aguero
Gudetti

Something like ...

A bit too small up front?

Also puts a big responsibility on Aguero to score. Neither Navas or Silva are exactly prolific.
I agree I don't like a lone striker up front unless that's Cavani or someone of that category who can play in the air

If you look at Pellegrini's tactical line ups at Villareal, Madrid and Malaga there is a common theme:

1 - He likes to use overlapping and adventurous wing-backs.
2 - He tends to use a creative central midfield quartet with two reliable defensive midfielders who are positioned behind two advanced "tricky" players.
3 - And also two free roaming strikers.

All wrapped up in either a 4-2-2-2 come 4-4-2 formation, with the midfield diamond and 4-2-3-1 formations thrown in for good measure. A creative and imaginative framework centred around a solid defensive foundation. Sounds good to me! And we certainly have the players for the gaffer to use this!

Ideally I'd have

First team
------------------Aguero-----------------
---El Shaarawy -----------------------------silva--
-----------------Isco-----------------
---------Fernandinho-------Yaya----------
Clichy----------------------------Zabaleta
---------Nastasic-----Kompany----------
-------------------Hart-------------------

Second team

------------------Dzeko-----------------
---Milner -----------------------------Navas--
-----------------Nasri-----------------
---------Rodwell-------Barry----------
Shaw----------------------------Richards
---------Lescott-----Garcia----------
-------------------Schwarzer-------------------

+ keep a hold of Gudetti.

Kun Aguero said:
Ideally I'd have

First team
------------------Aguero-----------------
---El Shaarawy -----------------------------silva--
-----------------Isco-----------------
---------Fernandinho-------Yaya----------
Clichy----------------------------Zabaleta
---------Nastasic-----Kompany----------
-------------------Hart-------------------

Second team

------------------Dzeko-----------------
---Milner -----------------------------Navas--
-----------------Nasri-----------------
---------Rodwell-------Barry----------
Shaw----------------------------Richards
---------Lescott-----Garcia----------
-------------------Schwarzer-------------------

+ keep a hold of Gudetti.
I don't think Navas can be kept out the side he's too class

I think Nasri would be best suited to play along side Yaya and Fernandinho in a midfield 3 with Navas and Silva the 2 wider players of a front 3 with Aguero. If there was to be the addition of Isco then presumably he will go into the starting team for majority of games meaning that Silva would fall into the midfield 3 instead of Nasri as Silva has to play in our top team. Just goes to show the amazing options we are going to have available. This is also without the signing of another Striker (Cavani). Im all for strength in depth but Pellegrini needs to trim the squad down in certain areas such as midfield as we are over loaded in that area.

All interesting and its a good problem to be dealing with. Exciting season ahead.

hart zabaleta kompany nastasic clichy fernandinho yaya nasri silva isco aguero subs,gk?,richards,kolarov.garcia,milner,navas,dzecko 4123 formation

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.