Anyone else concerned?

Forzacitizens said:
but my point is, if some are to be believed, we may have lost Isco because of the fee.

Again, I can't see us spending big money on a striker of equal quality to Tevez or Balotelli.

So we're looking for players not as good as we had, that means losing momentum. That's why we lost the title last year.

Equal quality to Balotelli and Tevez ? They scored 12 between them in the last season
with 42 appearances between them.

I think its blatantly obvious now that the fee wasn't the issue with Isco, he simply wanted to join Real more, and who can blame him?

There's too much anxiousness to splurge £40 million each year on one player, we've already spent a good £45-50m on two players which isn't cheap, they are both adding quality to the side. I'm not worried, I will be if by January we aren't within say touching distance of the league leaders, but we're restructuring and I think we're leaning more towards the longevity of the club now, no more Robinho's.

avoidconfusion said:
sam-caddick said:
FFP in my opinion.

Until we start to break even I can't see us spending like we have done in the past.

Then why the fuck did we spend 40m on unknown quantity like Fernandinho who everyone is orgasming about because he had a handful of good CL performances but for some reason was never picked up by anyone else despite his age?

And you know all about the way the club scouts players?

I suggest you drop your CV off in the morning, the office opens at 9.00

Forzacitizens said:
I do realise that we're not in July yet but I do worry about where we're heading.

Everyone is disappointed that we didn't get Isco, that happens in football and I accept at present Real Madrid are a lot bigger football club than we are.

We have sold Tevez and I don't see who we could get as a replacement for decent money for the same quality.

Dan Taylor has just said we won't be spending big on a striker and Guidetti isn't happening.

Have we greatly changed our spending strategy now looking for bargains?.

We didn't get our first choice targets last year and look what happened.

No not concerned at all surly getting navas and dino has all ready proved the men at the top know what they are doing!

the 2 new lads brought in fill positions that were vital to the squad and they went and got them first and formost of which i was pleased with.

But now tevez has gone i feel we do need a quality striker to replace him and it was obvious that cavani was the man to do that but not at the silly price asked for him so we have backed away what happens next who knows?

We are a quality striker and central defender away from being serious title contenders and progressing a lot further in the champions league,for now my faith is well and truly in the hands of the guys doing the work and bringing in what we need.

The only concern I have, is that our OS is so shockingly shite, and our PR is poor beyond tears, that we're the only outlet to have not announced Tevez has left.

It's obvious we're going to sign a striker, it's obvious we're going to sign another winger, it's obvious we're going to sign a new GK, and it's obvious we're going to sign an LB/CB.

This can't happen in the space of the 6 weeks since the season ended, these things take time, and I have no worries that by 17th August our transfer dealings will be complete. Stop flapping and be more excited, than worried.

I don't know to be honest. Still plenty of time to go so anything can happen but so far we have overspent on Fernandinho and paid over the top for Navas when we were the only club in for him and have sold our second best striker and missed out on Isco so it's not been a great start by any stretch of the imagination.

Forzacitizens said:
but my point is, if some are to be believed, we may have lost Isco because of the fee.

Again, I can't see us spending big money on a striker of equal quality to Tevez or Balotelli.

So we're looking for players not as good as we had, that means losing momentum. That's why we lost the title last year.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts, I don't think I would be quite so concerned if we had binned of dzecko and given tev a new deal, obviously pellets must see something I don't

Stoned Rose said:
Gone so far:

Tevez
Balotelli
Kolo
Bridge
Santa Cruz
Lolarov (very likely)

None of them worth keeping if you look it at it from a purely business perspective.

Keeping this category of player would prevent us moving for others. I'm sure most of us remember the 'got to get rid of the deadwood first' drama of last summer's window.

I'm glad and impressed we have had the sense and balls to move these players on early doors.

What a lot of you are now used to is the club spending huge sums on huge names. It has warped your sense of reality and left you needing your shiny new 'names'.

We are a business operating under constraints and therefore simply have to be much more frugal and subtle in our dealings.

Yes, 6 players have gone, but 2 excellent players have arrived to plug some of the gaping gaps that let us down so cruelly last seaon.

It wont end there. There will be more players. But these will be anchored in realism not the fantasy of seasons gone by.

Concerned?

Not at all.

Excited?

Fuck yeah.

How does this theory fit with paying thirty million plus for a 28 year old and giving Yaya another huge pay rise?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.