Glastonbury 2013

True_Blue69 said:
JuniorBlue said:
Looking forward to this and have my ticket just need to pay the balance off now!

Great line up, shits all over any other festival and for anyone who has ever been before, you will know it isn't all about the music!

I look forward to the bands finishing that's when the fun starts!

Me and the missus have two tickets, or at least we have the option from Tuesday to pay the extra ton 50 or whatever, thing is our shiny new 7 month old now, who will be 10 month old then is a real proverbial stick in the mud.
When we applied which we have done every year since we met, and she has since its been impenetrable (I'd never paid pre here used to walk in in the 90s) it seemed like a good idea. We can manage a little baby at Glastonbury will be piece of piss, now we have almost made the decision not to bother. Thinking of paying an extra £1000 and having a tepee, but these ain't like the backstage ones with all the shit laid on, just a bear bell tent.
She still thinks it's manageable, but it could be hell, on the other hand she loves all the bands and I'm a Bez's Acid House and Shang Ri La etc man.
Could hire a caravan or something, but just reckon it will put undue stress on our healthy relationship, and worse still the baby have a shit time, but then all the colours and flags and happiness will almost have a positive impact on her, but then the mud and the bogs, and the crowds....
Just pontificating on an open forum.....

stonerblue said:
Danbert said:
I remember when I was going to Glastonbury festival in the early and mid 80s it was full of dodgy hippys, drug dealers and space cases just like a festival should be. Now Glastonbury is more about £5 trays of organic noodles, £6 pints of beer and £7 packs of tabs bought by public school kids having a jolly ripping time. Wankers

A fiver for a dodgy stamp of a mickey mouser to get in and drugs menus on tent doors. Not to mention the 72 hour reggae tents.
Tent next to van/car full of booze and a sea of camp fires on the hill. Leathered on acid scrumpy

Correct - and it was fucking brilliant.

Nowadays you might as well wear a fucking cravat and sip pimms - it's the same crowd that go to Wimbledon and the boat race.

Danbert said:
stonerblue said:
Danbert said:
I remember when I was going to Glastonbury festival in the early and mid 80s it was full of dodgy hippys, drug dealers and space cases just like a festival should be. Now Glastonbury is more about £5 trays of organic noodles, £6 pints of beer and £7 packs of tabs bought by public school kids having a jolly ripping time. Wankers

A fiver for a dodgy stamp of a mickey mouser to get in and drugs menus on tent doors. Not to mention the 72 hour reggae tents.
Tent next to van/car full of booze and a sea of camp fires on the hill. Leathered on acid scrumpy

Nowadays you might as well wear a fucking cravat and sip pimms - it's the same crowd that go to Wimbledon and the boat race.

Boring. There's always one who says 'it was better in my day, we were all crazy and took acid all night'. When was the last time you went?

True_Blue69 said:
Danbert said:
stonerblue said:

Boring. There's always one who says 'it was better in my day, we were all crazy and took acid all night'. When was the last time you went?

89 or 90 (can't remember exactly) it was the year the Happy Mondays were on.

To be honest it won't be long before there's a Royal Enclosure, hospitality packages and a fucking dress code at Glastonbury.

Fuck 'em. I say round 'em all all up with the gypsies and the England football team and get them scrubbing graffitti off the war memorial in Boggart Hole Clough.

GLASTONBURY

Dizzee knows how to put a show on .
Bastille -nah
Prof Green - nah

Foals now , like them lets see what they are like.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.