Why are we being linked with mid level signings?

citizens_1976 said:
SWP's back said:
Pigeonho said:
And what if Cavani doesn't want to come here? Ever thought of that? Tevez didn't want to be here, so we moved him on. As Waspish has already said, it doesn't do United any harm in having so called 'average' players in and amongst world class players, and it could be said we have more world class players in our ranks than United do, so where's the harm in supporting those players with those 'average' players in the way United have had success with? We've added 2 high-end signings already this window, who else has? If we add decent signings with them then it will be a successful window.
I wouldn't even bother "debating" with a "fan" such as he. Fucking idiot child thinking the world is FM2013
A very mature comment. As you do, I want the best possible for my football team. Barcelona have some of the worlds best players, they won the league and got as far as the Semi Finals in the CL, and they went out and bought Neymar. Same for Bayern, won everything there was to win and have bought one of the best young players in world football. You never stop improving your team with the additions of brilliant footballers. Navas and Fernandinho are brilliant players and are exactly what we needed, but we need more. We need to add more world class players to the squad. If you want to stand still for a second year running, then suit yourself. If this is the case, ill be back on here 12 months from now saying those 4 little words - "I told you so".
Just feels like we are in a transitional stage of "trial and error", rather than a stage where we are to get back our league title and win the Champions League next season. We've got to be more ambitious.

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=266995&start=200

Ha - who is this Gary_Neville_Red in my PM box. Come out come out wherever you are.

I am not sure Baines will massively improve the rags. Thought Evra did ok last year and weighed in with some important goals. However Evra being 32 and Baines 28 yes it is probably an improvement.

Baines is a good solid player but I wouldnt go over the top on him. To say he would massively improve their team is going overboard

SWP's back said:
citizens_1976 said:
SWP's back said:
I wouldn't even bother "debating" with a "fan" such as he. Fucking idiot child thinking the world is FM2013
A very mature comment. As you do, I want the best possible for my football team. Barcelona have some of the worlds best players, they won the league and got as far as the Semi Finals in the CL, and they went out and bought Neymar. Same for Bayern, won everything there was to win and have bought one of the best young players in world football. You never stop improving your team with the additions of brilliant footballers. Navas and Fernandinho are brilliant players and are exactly what we needed, but we need more. We need to add more world class players to the squad. If you want to stand still for a second year running, then suit yourself. If this is the case, ill be back on here 12 months from now saying those 4 little words - "I told you so".

How many new "world class" additions should we have per year? Seeing as you already admit that we have added 2 and the window opened today officially.

We wouldn't stand still if we bought no one else this summer (not that we won't add to our squad).

Tell me how many "world class" players United have bought in the last 5 years?
Err, they don't buy players.

mcfc-mark said:
Because Pellers can get the best out of these players due to the undoubted team ethic and workmanship that comes from not having a superstar ego.

They don't call him the engineer for nothing.

He'd needs to a be a fucking magician if he thinks that bringing in average players to replace superstars is gonna win us the league. Pellers has done great things on a limited budget but he's in a whole different spectrum now.

Mike D said:
mcfc-mark said:
Because Pellers can get the best out of these players due to the undoubted team ethic and workmanship that comes from not having a superstar ego.

He'd needs to a be a fucking magician if he thinks that bringing in average players to replace superstars is gonna win us the league. Pellers has done great things on a limited budget but he's in a whole different spectrum now.
Name the average players and the superstars please

citizens_1976 said:
Just feels like we are in a transitional stage of "trial and error", rather than a stage where we are to get back our league title and win the Champions League next season. We've got to be more ambitious.

I disagree, and here's why. You've acknowledged that Fernandinho and Navas have already strengthened the squad. There's no question another centre forward will come in, but as has been pointed out ad nauseum now, you can't have three world class strikers when you're only going to play one up top. Look around the league and tell me, if we were to add Negredo, who would have 3 better forwards than ours. The answer is none.

It's also worth looking at the earlier post in this thread which lists some of the core of our team (Vinny, Zaba, Joe, etc) - none were world class when we signed them. The onus is certainly on Txiki and Pellegrini to identify players who will improve us, but like you've said, we've already got two in. Another one at centre forward and we're pretty much good to go with a stronger squad than last season.

Also keep an eye on what business United and Chelsea do and don't do this summer. There's lots of talk of big players but the reality is that none of us want to pay the kinds of sums that would be required to sign Cavani or Falcao.

Mike D said:
mcfc-mark said:

So if Paul Lambert can bring in a player such as Benteke and make him score 23 goals with not so good playmakers around him what do you thing Pellegrini could make him do with players such as Yaya, Silva, Nasri, Aguero, Milner around him?

Im assuming you'd call Tevez a superstar, who wouldn't he's a hardworking great player but only scored 17 goals last season in all competitions lets say we replaced him with an average player such as Benteke whom scored 23 goals in all competitions last season

That would be terrible we probably wouldn't even make the champions league qualifiers spot.

BillyShears said:
citizens_1976 said:

I disagree, and here's why. You've acknowledged that Fernandinho and Navas have already strengthened the squad. There's no question another centre forward will come in, but as has been pointed out ad nauseum now, you can't have three world class strikers when you're only going to play one up top. Look around the league and tell me, if we were to add Negredo, who would have 3 better forwards than ours. The answer is none.

It's also worth looking at the earlier post in this thread which lists some of the core of our team (Vinny, Zaba, Joe, etc) - none were world class when we signed them. The onus is certainly on Txiki and Pellegrini to identify players who will improve us, but like you've said, we've already got two in. Another one at centre forward and we're pretty much good to go with a stronger squad than last season.

Also keep an eye on what business United and Chelsea do and don't do this summer. There's lots of talk of big players but the reality is that none of us want to pay the kinds of sums that would be required to sign Cavani or Falcao.

Robin Van Persie is the difference i am afraid.

All i am saying is, last season United bought a world star and they absolutely pissed the league at a canter. United have been doing it for years and have instilled a winning mentality into their side, City haven't. Our expectations aren't as high as United's and this is why i worry, because... if we have a strikeforce of Tevez, Aguero, Balotelli and Dzeko and we still cannot win the league, then what chance do we have with Negredo, Aguero and Dzeko? I just don't rate Negredo, he is not for us, we are better than this. Tevez will be a massive loss to us and we need someone to come in of high quality. Jovetic and Benteke would both do for me. Young, talented and have lots of potential.

Can you really see Aguero, Negredo and Dzeko scoring more goals than Hernandez, Rooney and Van Persie? I don't. I think Van Persie would score more than Dzeko and Negredo put together. We need better, Aguero is a world class player, but he is not on the same shelf as Van Persie in terms of converting chances and being clinical. Aguero missed too many chances last season, Dzeko is good but he cannot be relied on and Negredo like i have said, is just not good enough for us.

Higuain, Soldado, Benteke and Jovetic are MUCH better options.

BillyShears said:
citizens_1976 said:

From a purely footballing point of view mate, I'd rather have Rooney, Van Persie and Hernandez to be fair. You have your blue tinted specs on there friend.

Aguero and Van Persie are on a par, Rooney is far superior to Dzeko and Hernandez is a proven premier league striker up against an unproven one. detach yourself from your hatred for united and look at things from a football perspective.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.