Why are we being linked with mid level signings?

gordondaviesmoustache said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
When did our fans start turning into spoilt fuck wits
When we started signing genuine stars like Yaya and Silva, which was in the summer of 2010.

Although your post should have had the words "some of" in there. Not everyone's turned into a complete arsehole.

Of course I should HAVE put "some of" in I just got angry reading the OP

Edited for Mr SWPB

DANNY O'B said:
I think its more of a case that we've lost mario and carlos and for me negredo isnt at their level. Hopefully he or whoever comes in will prove me wrong, like other posters i trust manu to make the right decision. Some city fans really need to get a grip of reality though, complaining on the 1st of july. The summer is already better than last year with the arrival of jesus and fernandinho.
We don't miss him one bit.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
When we started signing genuine stars like Yaya and Silva, which was in the summer of 2010.

Although your post should have had the words "some of" in there. Not everyone's turned into a complete arsehole.

Ironically, the people calling fellow blues complete arseholes because they see things differently, are usually the complete arseholes in my experience.

citizens_1976 said:
ponyntrap said:
BillyShears said:
I disagree, and here's why. You've acknowledged that Fernandinho and Navas have already strengthened the squad. There's no question another centre forward will come in, but as has been pointed out ad nauseum now, you can't have three world class strikers when you're only going to play one up top. Look around the league and tell me, if we were to add Negredo, who would have 3 better forwards than ours. The answer is none.

It's also worth looking at the earlier post in this thread which lists some of the core of our team (Vinny, Zaba, Joe, etc) - none were world class when we signed them. The onus is certainly on Txiki and Pellegrini to identify players who will improve us, but like you've said, we've already got two in. Another one at centre forward and we're pretty much good to go with a stronger squad than last season.

Also keep an eye on what business United and Chelsea do and don't do this summer. There's lots of talk of big players but the reality is that none of us want to pay the kinds of sums that would be required to sign Cavani or Falcao.

From a purely footballing point of view mate, I'd rather have Rooney, Van Persie and Hernandez to be fair. You have your blue tinted specs on there friend.

Aguero and Van Persie are on a par, Rooney is far superior to Dzeko and Hernandez is a proven premier league striker up against an unproven one. detach yourself from your hatred for united and look at things from a football perspective.

Exactly. They won the league at a canter and they did not even have a midfield last season. This is why we need to bring in QUALITY and not quantity. Negredo is just another Javi Garcia signing. Make up the numbers type of player. Fuck him off and aim higher.

That wasn't the point I was trying to make friend.

You need to have faith in Pellegrini and trust whatever player he signs will improve our team. It's all relative to the way the team will set up and how we will play. Its not all about having the biggest names with the biggest reputations.

Why are people whinging? We are targeting very good players.

United won the league with a team which included Jonny Evans, Anderson, Tom Cleverley and Ferdinand!

The players we are targeting are different class even if they are not Messi or Iniesta etc

SWP's back said:
citizens_1976 said:
BillyShears said:
I disagree, and here's why. You've acknowledged that Fernandinho and Navas have already strengthened the squad. There's no question another centre forward will come in, but as has been pointed out ad nauseum now, you can't have three world class strikers when you're only going to play one up top. Look around the league and tell me, if we were to add Negredo, who would have 3 better forwards than ours. The answer is none.

It's also worth looking at the earlier post in this thread which lists some of the core of our team (Vinny, Zaba, Joe, etc) - none were world class when we signed them. The onus is certainly on Txiki and Pellegrini to identify players who will improve us, but like you've said, we've already got two in. Another one at centre forward and we're pretty much good to go with a stronger squad than last season.

Also keep an eye on what business United and Chelsea do and don't do this summer. There's lots of talk of big players but the reality is that none of us want to pay the kinds of sums that would be required to sign Cavani or Falcao.

Robin Van Persie is the difference i am afraid.

All i am saying is, last season United bought a world star and they absolutely pissed the league at a canter. United have been doing it for years and have instilled a winning mentality into their side, City haven't. Our expectations aren't as high as United's and this is why i worry, because... if we have a strikeforce of Tevez, Aguero, Balotelli and Dzeko and we still cannot win the league, then what chance do we have with Negredo, Aguero and Dzeko? I just don't rate Negredo, he is not for us, we are better than this. Tevez will be a massive loss to us and we need someone to come in of high quality. Jovetic and Benteke would both do for me. Young, talented and have lots of potential.

Can you really see Aguero, Negredo and Dzeko scoring more goals than Hernandez, Rooney and Van Persie? I don't. I think Van Persie would score more than Dzeko and Negredo put together. We need better, Aguero is a world class player, but he is not on the same shelf as Van Persie in terms of converting chances and being clinical. Aguero missed too many chances last season, Dzeko is good but he cannot be relied on and Negredo like i have said, is just not good enough for us.

Higuain, Soldado, Benteke and Jovetic are MUCH better options.
You totally ignore the rest of the team and the way that a team functions.

Simplistic doesn't even come close to your rationale. And you are getting pissy 2 months before the window closes. This argument should be put on hold for 60 days.

I am not ignoring the team and the way it functions at all, i am just stating that Negredo and players like that will be shit signings for us. Lets learn from last season when we bought Garcia, Maicon and Sinclair, quantity is not needed, quality is though. If we would of not bought Garcia, Sinclair, Maicon, Rodwell last season and kept De Jong and AJ and then used all that money on the Van Persie deal, we WOULD have won the league EASILY. Players like Van Persie make the difference, players like Van Persie win you titles. Players like Negredo will take you nowhere. I am not having a hissyfit and i am not being spoilt in any way shape or form, but we need BETTER than Negredo. He lacks pace, he has a pretty average first touch, the ball tends to bounce off him and he would not be an upgrade on Dzeko physically. Why buy Negredo when we already have a better player in Dzeko?

Like i said, i would much rather we bought Higuain, Soldado, Benteke or Jovetic. Higuain has a better first touch, he is a proven goalscorer and is suited to our style of game, very technical. Soldado is the same, quick, technical and has very good movement off the ball, another very good goalscorer. Benteke has the lot, pace, power, a very good first touch, holds the ball up superbly and can score goals with either foot. Probably the most powerful Premier league striker at the moment and i fully believe he could be a star in years to come. Put it this way, the bigger sides hate playing against him, they are shit scared of him. Jovetic i think should be bought regardless as he can play in numerous positions. Class player who would make up for the loss of Isco.

Say what you want about me playing football manager, but the simple fact is Tevez is a superb player and he will be a huge loss to our side, we need to replace him with quality and not limited footballers like Negredo who aren't even fit to lace Dzeko's boots, never mind Tevez's.

hgblue said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Ironically, the people calling fellow blues complete arseholes because they see things differently, are usually the complete arseholes in my experience.
Some of the biggest cunts I know are City fans, though the club they support has nothing to do with it. They're cunts and are designed that way. They don't get any leeway because they are City fans, that would be a really stupid way of looking at anything.

'I sentence you to life imprisonment', says the City-supporting judge
'But i'm a blue'
'Ah ok then, off you go and no hard feelings'

Cunts are cunts. Simple as that.

hgblue said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Being a "fellow blue" means jack shit. Plenty of cunts are blues. Especially the spoilt brat kind.

hgblue said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

There are different views and then acting like a 5yr old having a tantrum in a sweet shop because he has been told no after he has been given everything but the last penny sweet left

citizens_1976 said:
I am not having a hissyfit and i am not being spoilt in any way shape or form, but we need BETTER than Negredo. He lacks pace, he has a pretty average first touch, the ball tends to bounce off him and he would not be an upgrade on Dzeko physically. Why buy Negredo when we already have a better player in Dzeko?

Have we bought Negrado?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.