Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

Bluebee2 said:
The steelwork for the new mini stadium is flying up, looking good.

6fpfzc.jpg

Nice :-)

nwhn3 said:
S04 said:
bluemoon27 said:
watching the rugby on tv at the Etihad stadium in Melbourne and wondering what our stadium would be like if they put a retractable roof on it,thoughts

Not sure if our stadium can support a retractable roof..The ones I´ve seen have always been on stadiums designed to have them.

Would love one similar to wimbledon and that was incorporated into an existing structure,.Although I accept Centre court isn't the same scale. Anything is possible just depends at what cost. People associate the roof with the restrictions of the cable ties,.you could build a structure around the existing stadium that would support a new roof and then dismantle the old one.

Take a look at the current roof the height of the highest cable ties the distance from the structure of the tower and the ground ties then tell me how a roof is built over the existing structure. Its not just the ties the primary structure of the roof is a pre-tensioned cable-net system, the whole roof system works together, even the profile is part of the structure! Like you said nothing is impossible, cost dependent, But it would require a mass building project and demolition of housing and moving roads Also once built how do you get access to remove the old one During your project is the stadium still in use?

Latest pictures on the website
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2013/July/CFA-latest-progress-gallery-4-July" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20 ... ery-4-July</a>

The speed with which things are moving on the site is astounding. I drove past last night on my way home from work (11.30pm) and there were lights on and movement on the site. It seems that it is a 24 hour operation, which is therefore no surprise we have the footprint in place already for the EDS Stadium.

I would hazard a guess we should be seeing the footprint for the bridge in place some time in the not too distant future...

flipmode said:
The speed with which things are moving on the site is astounding. I drove past last night on my way home from work (11.30pm) and there were lights on and movement on the site. It seems that it is a 24 hour operation, which is therefore no surprise we have the footprint in place already for the EDS Stadium.

I would hazard a guess we should be seeing the footprint for the bridge in place some time in the not too distant future...

if you mean the bridge linking the stadium to the academy, this will not be being built until later this year/early next.

kramer said:
nwhn3 said:
S04 said:
Not sure if our stadium can support a retractable roof..The ones I´ve seen have always been on stadiums designed to have them.

Would love one similar to wimbledon and that was incorporated into an existing structure,.Although I accept Centre court isn't the same scale. Anything is possible just depends at what cost. People associate the roof with the restrictions of the cable ties,.you could build a structure around the existing stadium that would support a new roof and then dismantle the old one.

Take a look at the current roof the height of the highest cable ties the distance from the structure of the tower and the ground ties then tell me how a roof is built over the existing structure. Its not just the ties the primary structure of the roof is a pre-tensioned cable-net system, the whole roof system works together, even the profile is part of the structure! Like you said nothing is impossible, cost dependent, But it would require a mass building project and demolition of housing and moving roads Also once built how do you get access to remove the old one During your project is the stadium still in use?

The stadium only had a roof on 3 sides during the Commonwealth Games,so can't see it being a problem removing one side to build another tier.

whipper said:
kramer said:
nwhn3 said:

The stadium only had a roof on 3 sides during the Commonwealth Games,so can't see it being a problem removing one side to build another tier.

Bit of a pain in the arse though isn't it. Respect to the guys doing it for us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.