Best game you ever attended

Oh Gowd, where do you start?

There are so many for various reasons.

It probably has to be the 1-6 at United. I was lucky enough to be there, and after 30 years of going to Old Trafford, it was the first time I had seen City win there.

The whole 90 minute experience was probably the best I''ve ever had at a football match. Add to that it was against United. The performance of the team/players.The atmosphere and celebrations in the away end. The pain and anguish eteched on the faces of every United fan. Etc. TBH, it doesn't and can't get much better.

Norwich 1 city 6. Only decided to go on the Friday. The pressure was off, the title was gone???? Haha. just go and enjoy the day, couldn't have gone any better.

Just going off recent yearas for now (i'll have good think of earlier years), games against wins against Spurs Chelsea and Arsenal in the last few years have been very good:

Arsenal 4-2 win, 2009-10. Amazing game and atmosphere. Adebeyor's best game for us topped off by stamping on van Persie's face and that celebration in front of the goons
fanscity.gif

Chelsea at home just before Hughes got the sack 2009-10. 0-1down, 2-1 up. Given penalty save. Better atmosphere than the Hamburg game that evening.

Spurs away 1-5. Chelsea away 2-4. Arsenal at home in the CC quarters, 3-0 win.

But i think my favourite game was Newcastle away when Mpenza scored towards the end. It was a proper intense game and we went and scored with just a few minutes to go. One of the most important goals we have ever scored. We really could have got relegated if we hadn't won that game. I reckon I've only gone more mental at a goal three or four times ever.

The QPR game. Don't think I'll ever be able to put into words that whole day.

Aside from that - City 5 Rags 1. The reason this sticks out is not so much us thumping that lot, it was everything in the run up. We had this ultra shite team who stood no chance against the glamourous multil million pound stars from the swamp. Everybody bar none had us written off and to go and do that to them under those circumstances was extra sweet!

SJC said:
Norwich 1 city 6. Only decided to go on the Friday. The pressure was off, the title was gone???? Haha. just go and enjoy the day, couldn't have gone any better.
Ah yes this one too. It was my 30th birthday that day too! Stayed over in Norwich and had a decent night out there. Our atmophere in that secind half was special!

Having been following City for over 40 years there are loads to go at, but firstly I have to agree with Black Mamba that the games at Leeds were very tasty. I'm even going to include a game which we lost. Firstly, there was the aforementioned Boxing Day game when Kiddo scored two. Then we went there in the FA Cup. It was a tremendous game, but Trevor Cherry scored in the last few minutes. The following season we were drawn away at Leeds and won 2-1. Younger fans need to bear in mind that in those days we could take anywhere from 10-16,000 to away games.
Until recent years City only seemed to win away games when the home team was below par, but I thought the game at Schalke a few seasons was a tremendous City performance. Schalke were favourites, packed house and they were on their game, but we battered them. it should have been more than 2-0
And finally Barcelona. In all my years, I never imagined to see us win at the Nou Camp. I don't care if people say The Joan Gamper Trophy is only a friendly. Barca take it very seriously. They were gutted to lose. How many Blues under 40 have seen City play in front of 94,000 fans? We were not the best team on the night, but every player seemed set to die for the cause, even Tal Ben Haim. Couldn't ask for more! And United were losing at Burnley while we were winning in the Nou Camp. Fantastic!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.