Improve the country in a year...

Blue Maverick said:
Cant believe no one has mentioned outlawing United and turning the swamp into a car park yet.

-- Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:53 pm --

Cant believe no one has mentioned outlawing United and turning the swamp into a car park yet.
You wait all day then 2 come together ;)

Remove all rates from manufacturing units/factories
Double rates on service sector premises
reduce income tax rates for people working in manufacturing that exports goods
increased income tax for people in service sector
Increase size of Royal Navy (ships to be built in British Yards)
extra money to be spent on road network financed by £1000 charge everytime a foreign HGV uses our roads,foreign cars to be taxed at a lower rate.
best of our youth given real apprentice training in real jobs
Pensions increased to 50% of average wage
All energy and water companies to be re nationalised
Interest free loans from Government for house building on Brown field sites.
and finally all Elk in the Country to be shot 364 days from now and the meat distributed to the poor and needy.

Nobody can improve the place in a year unless they borrowed billions, flogged off the Crown Jewels on eBay and paid for the nation to go on a bender to Ibiza for a fortnight.

If I had longer for the benefits to be realised I'd bring in national service for 18-20 year olds.

Blue Maverick said:

-- Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:53 pm --

I think you will find that I already coverd it earlier.

Pride_In_Battle said:
Fit every house in the country, private or council owned, with a swipe card access on the inside. Everyone above the age of 15 has to have an IQ test, anyone below a certain level is denied leave of their house. Within a month, the majority of scrounging chavs, thugs and idiots have died in their own properties. Their possessions are then used to pay off national debt, their houses are used to rehome those that need it, and the benefit culture is stopped almost immediately.

Job done, everyone's happy, and those that aren't are dead!

LIKE!

Introduce a land value tax. This would replace business rates. Eventually, if it worked, it would enable other taxes to be cut or abolished. The logic of this tax is it's impossible to take land out of the country. It would be related to actual land value.

Scrap Trident.

Expel all illegal immigrants and heavily fine those who have been employing them so as to recover the full cost of this. Enforce the payment of the minimum wage. Direct labour to fill vacancies, as in wartime. Everyone who wanted or needed a job would be guaranteed one. There would be no unemployment benefit (for the able bodied) as it wouldn't be needed anymore.

Get rid of the monarchy and abolish all hereditary titles. They would be illegal as in Austria. Have an elected ceremonial President on a reasonable but relatively modest salary.

Review the national 'art' collection, and sell off any that we do not have room to display to the public, keeping only a small reserve.

Build mental hospitals to house the large number of mental cases who are currently in prison. Make the remaining prisoners work for their food and lodgings. Some at least would be deployed to rebuild closed railways. If the Japanese could build railways from scratch using POWs, we could certainly manage to rebuild a few with convicts.

Take a serious look at the drug laws and amend them on a scientific basis.

Give the English regions Parliaments like those in Wales and Scotland. This would be paid for by massively reducing central bureaucracy and reducing Parliament to a single house of no more than 200 members, who would be paid average wage, have to work on the same basis as everyone else, and who would be forbidden to have other employment. Their expenses and pensions would be as per the civil service.

Have a look at embassies abroad, and see whether we still need to maintain the same buildings and staff structures we had when we were an Empire.

Take public transport and utilities back into public ownership.

Above all - stop pointless foreign wars, and focus the armed forces on the national defence of the UK.

Put all government tax inspectors on a generous incentive scheme involving a percentage of the money they save, and a knighthood for those who achieve convictions.
Make lobbying illegal
Introduce a "moral component" to all tax laws to stymie the tax advisers who exist on semantics and grey areas.
Hereditary peers and bishops to go asap the house of lords to become an actual museum, instead of one in all but name
A transaction tax on the stock market
A point of sale tax on companies using off-shore tax havens
Trident only exists to keep admirals and generals in work, scrap it immediately
Rent controls to be introduced to deflate the buy to let market
The office of national statistics to be replaced with a neutral non-political organisation.
Start building an extra lane on all motorways
Scrap departure tax on air journeys
Tax the private use of a company vehicle on the actual benefit, not some notional figure that severely undervalues it and makes the u.k. the company car capital of the world

Stop cunts buying to let, thus making demand for houses lesser and allowing more first time buyers to purchase their own home at a reasonable price and stop fucking their money away to some other **** on rent.

Replace all the plants in the eden project with cocain plants.
Distribute it worldwide.
Use the money from that to build a rocket and claim the moon as a British territory.
Build a laser of DOOM pointing at earth.
Tax the world for evertime the moon is visible in each respective country. ( tax variable depending on full, half or crescent)
Oh and I'd also get the population of Bradford to build me a pyramid that would dwarf the ones in Giza and I would use it to hold parliament.
No Elk beastiality for me!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.