12,000 points first day of sale for Cardiff Away

To go back to the OP, I too was quite shocked at the 12,000 points for first day until a mate told me he had nearly 13,000.

I can get tickets for many away games with the points I have (>9000), but cant afford to go to them all - it is my choice whether to go to those games or not.

As de niro has already said you have to go to all the games you can afford to go to and just see where it takes you. I go platinum and cup schemes each year because this means that the only people passing my points tally are the people who go to more away games than me - I can live with that because imo that it what the system is all about.

I go to about 12 away games a year never have a problem getting tickets for Swamp or anywhere but still don't have 12,000. Not far off can get Thursday but I have been Platinum from the start so if anyone passes me then good for them.

de niro said:
don't know why there is always moaning about loyalty points. they have been built up over the last 11 years (ish) we've only been any good for 3 maybe 4 years at best. people with low points had 6 years prior to us getting rich to attend games and build points up. odd that they didn't.

the people I know with points now in the bag couldn't give a flying fuck about them, either now or back then. we had no idea whether we'd ever reach a cup final again, let alone vie for the title or the champions league. we went to watch city, quite often on the end of another defeat. then the money came. as did the moaners.

absolutely spot on........

Money doesn't come in to it. If you can't afford Brighton away you can't afford united away. Or can you?

Money does come into it though. What if you cant afford to take the extra time of work (Self Employed) to make the long trip to Brighton. You live in Manchester - going to Brighton away is over a ton in Fuel and Match ticket plus the time off work.

Interesting to read the different points of view amongst fellow Blues. People who know me know I attend all the competitive matches, so it just highlights how quickly you can be 'caught' and overtaken by going platinum. Where I see the problem occurring is the Derby, as the club will continue to eat into our allocation for corporate, and we will have more and more fans bunched together in the higher points bracket, and it will all come down to the dreaded ballot I fear. Hope am wrong, and as stated elsewhere, there is always a way to get in in you really want to. Think it is now safe to say that ability to pay has overtaken loyalty in the way it is structured. Otherwise, the club would be giving those of us who have made it to games away where the vast majority have thought thanks, but no thanks, extra points for doing so. That's my opinion anyway, for what its worth......

awaydayblue said:
Interesting to read the different points of view amongst fellow Blues. People who know me know I attend all the competitive matches, so it just highlights how quickly you can be 'caught' and overtaken by going platinum. Where I see the problem occurring is the Derby, as the club will continue to eat into our allocation for corporate, and we will have more and more fans bunched together in the higher points bracket, and it will all come down to the dreaded ballot I fear. Hope am wrong, and as stated elsewhere, there is always a way to get in in you really want to. Think it is now safe to say that ability to pay has overtaken loyalty in the way it is structured. Otherwise, the club would be giving those of us who have made it to games away where the vast majority have thought thanks, but no thanks, extra points for doing so. That's my opinion anyway, for what its worth......

Dont think that will happen hence why the criteria for the Cardiff game has started off on 12k points. if this game was last year it may well have started off on 11k

Maccblue said:
Me and my mate both have 11500 ish, just let me buy two today on line

I read you comment and tried for myself. I have under 10k and I just bought two.

I was expecting it to be halted at some stage, but no, it went through.

Money has come out of my bank account, confirmation email too. No loyalty points given.

I remember the rumours of the Ajax away tickets being sold online to anyone and everyone, seems they were true. I remember the widespread surprise at the tickets selling out at above 8k, I was angry as I just missed out myself.

The online system is a shambles.

I hope City recognise this, and correct it.

If anything, the site should be bombarded and then they might actually address the software fuck-up.

Really is amateur. For what it's worth, I hope my tickets are cancelled and I'll buy one legitimately on Saturday anyway - providing the points go low enough.

Really needs sorting. I was amazed it went through. Shambolic.

I posted just after 9am on the tickets sub-forum that it seemed like anyone could order regardless of points.

The whole thing was a mess
- first you had to pick a block in the SE corner of the Etihad (it's Cardiff AWAY FFS)
- then it tried to make me pay with a different card than the one I wanted to use so I selected the option to change the card, entered the details and proceded with the puichase. It charged the first card instead!!
- you have to accept the terms and conditions of purchase before completing the order. If you follow the link to read them it launches a website called ihatetermsandconditions.com which appears to be a tool for web developers and certainly doesn't list any t&c's. Seriously.
- I sussed out that all my friends/family list could place an order so ordered a ticket for my lad on 7800 points. Went through no problem.

I see they've taken the Cardiff game down off sale now and are probably scratching their heads wondering what to do now its nearly sold out. Amateurs.

Regular Joe said:
I posted just after 9am on the tickets sub-forum that it seemed like anyone could order regardless of points.

The whole thing was a mess
- first you had to pick a block in the SE corner of the Etihad (it's Cardiff AWAY FFS)
- then it tried to make me pay with a different card than the one I wanted to use so I selected the option to change the card, entered the details and proceded with the puichase. It charged the first card instead!!
- you have to accept the terms and conditions of purchase before completing the order. If you follow the link to read them it launches a website called ihatetermsandconditions.com which appears to be a tool for web developers and certainly doesn't list any t&c's. Seriously.
- I sussed out that all my friends/family list could place an order so ordered a ticket for my lad on 7800 points. Went through no problem.

I see they've taken the Cardiff game down off sale now and are probably scratching their heads wondering what to do now its nearly sold out. Amateurs.

FFS, I missed out on the Ajax game because of this...... And now I'll probably mis out on this match, you'd think they would test new web sites before releasing them to the public

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.