The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Tottenham Thread 13/14

GHoddle said:
He's first choice for the Brazilian national team, of course he would start for Chelsea. Their central midfield isn't particularly strong, and Ramires is behind Paulinho in the pecking order for Brazil.
Ramires does not get a look in in the brazil NT for non footballing reasons. He had a fallout with the management after he did not travel to a brazil football camp because of "injury" and then started a game for chelsea 4 days later.

So basically beyond your own opinions and having watched paulinho play in a vastly inferior league you have nothing to suggest why these guys are going to push you forward. AVB did nothing with a very good chelsea side, finished a place lower than harry last year, yet his system is gonna be it. They may turn out to be good players but you have absolutely no way of knowing that apart from your own opinion.

Im sure your optimistic as most fans are pre-season but you have no idea how these players are gonna settle in this league much less whether they are gonna push you forward into a title winning side. Your optimism is good but its being brought across as fact rather than opinion.

mancboy said:
So basically beyond your own opinions and having watched paulinho play in a vastly inferior league you have nothing to suggest why these guys are going to push you forward. AVB did nothing with a very good chelsea side, finished a place lower than harry last year, yet his system is gonna be it. They may turn out to be good players but you have absolutely no way of knowing that apart from your own opinion.

Im sure your optimistic as most fans are pre-season but you have no idea how these players are gonna settle in this league much less whether they are gonna push you forward into a title winning side. Your optimism is good but its being brought across as fact rather than opinion.

Are you worried yet?

Because you really should be.

mancboy said:

lol what can I say other than my informed opinion based on having observed these players before? I'm not sure how you would expect me to defend my point any other way. Surely forming an opinion based on watching the players is a better method than going by price though?

If you want something more objective, then I could cite the stats from whoscored.com that ranked Capoue as the 2nd best player in the French league last season behind Ibrahimovic, their stats from the Confederations Cup which ranked Paulinho as one of Brazil's best players (7.53 average rating), or Soldado's 29 goals last season (24 in La Liga). I'm not sure what other evidence I can give to support my opinion, besides having a functional crystal ball and being able to see the future.

If Spurs get Lamela, Willian, Eriksson and keep Bale, then i'll be very worried about them. If not then I don't see them being any better than last season.

Not saying they won't finish above Arsenal, but no where near City, United and Chelsea.

GHoddle said:
mancboy said:

lol what can I say other than my informed opinion based on having observed these players before? I'm not sure how you would expect me to defend my point any other way. Surely forming an opinion based on watching the players is a better method than going by price though?

If you want something more objective, then I could cite the stats from whoscored.com that ranked Capoue as the 2nd best player in the French league last season behind Ibrahimovic, their stats from the Confederations Cup which ranked Paulinho as one of Brazil's best players (7.53 average rating), or Soldado's 29 goals last season (24 in La Liga). I'm not sure what other evidence I can give to support my opinion, besides having a functional crystal ball and being able to see the future.

I take your point about having watched them and fair enough with regards to your stats, but my point stands if they were that good their would have been CL clubs in for them offering higher wages than you guys can, the fact that their wasnt suggests that other clubs scouts have watched them and passed which either means one of 2 things AVB knows better than alot of other managers out there or they aint that good so it all depends on which way you want look at it really. You take the pro spurs way i take the realistic way. And THFC what exactly should i be worried about is it that the mighty bale pushes you into fifth place AGAIN or that the stellar new signings keep you in fifth place, like i say i admire your optimism but title challengers you aint.

I think spuds are spending the bale money up front in this window, if the clubs they are buying from know they have 90m burning a hole in their pockets the prices go up.
Spurs don't spend the type of money they are in this window without funding it via player sales there net spend is relatively low usually. They can fund all these plus part of the stadium by flogging bale, I think him Rooney and Suarez will make for an interesting deadline day.

DavidWhitesBoots said:
I think spuds are spending the bale money up front in this window, if the clubs they are buying from know they have 90m burning a hole in their pockets the prices go up.
Spurs don't spend the type of money they are in this window without funding it via player sales there net spend is relatively low usually. They can fund all these plus part of the stadium by flogging bale, I think him Rooney and Suarez will make for an interesting deadline day.

Totally agree with you for me he was sold weeks ago all this speculation is just bullshit to put the persona out there spurs are not selling

Tottenham's shirt sponsors for FA Cup, League Cup & UEFA Europa League matches...

A4888_zps5bf50aaa.jpg

...AIA are an insurance company active mainly in the Asian markets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.